• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
DON'T EXPLAIN THE JOKE, MAN! SOILED IT!

tumblr_mplkn32gS61qehg5do1_500.gif

Are people actually looking forward to this title?

Apparently. The thread on Gaming when it was announced was "I wanted to play it but didn't want a WiiU" or "I had a WiiU and didn't like the gamepad stuff." Even though the gamepad to organize your inventory without a pause menu is I don't know, the fucking point. So the people that say they didn't like the gamepad stuff are the ones that I don't know how this will change their minds.

I personally think that was the main hook of the game and without it will just be another zombie without it so I don't know. Not that I think the game is bad or anything I just think it's missing it's intended purpose.

Thanks if I had it I would have posted it lol.

MUnited83

For you.
Are people actually looking forward to this title?
Oh yes. Its actually good.
i mean outside of a surprise launch on Steam nothing is pointing to it coming to the platform as of this moment.
Of course its coming to Steam. They don't make Uplay exclusives of their biggest titles, you think they would that for one of the most niche?:p. Nah, its definitely coming . also, there's no Uplay page either so there's that.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cargo 3 -- MB-01A38DAC85FBA374 - Taken by gurm3n
Predator Simulator -- MB-375F4AE352C6F625 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Messiah

Ugh, Type-0 releases tomorrow and I won't be there to play it. Feels bad.
And when I return I will be busy with MGSV.
Why are all the games I actually want to play releasing around the same timeframe?

Strange to read about PunishedSnake's departure, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary lately.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
hye guys, important questions

lets say i own New Vegas UE, and i'm library sharing with someone who owns FO3

can i use the Tale of two Wastelands mod?

Like, morally speaking? I think you're just copying over one set of files so there isn't a technical reason why it wouldn't work.

Why are all the games I actually want to play releasing around the same timeframe?

Strange to read about PunishedSnake's departure, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary lately.

Not like you have to play games on release silly.

PunishedSnake apparently asked to be banned.

make spider toggle for malebogia and i'll enter ur giveaways ;_;

yea but it's like

all the way up in the keyboard

im like in bed with my controller in my belly just chilling

dont got time for standing up

lol
You can manual save with your controller, lazy ass!

i bought FFT0 just to test selling stupid things on the DOTATO 2 market. I was tempted after making $12 on selling Alien Isolation preorder TF2 stuff last year and i figured, well, even if i dont make much off the DOTATO 2 stuff i can live with paying $20 for FFT0

My concern with MGS5 is that some of the cut scenes will be longer than my regular play sessions.
Hopefully that won't be the case, but it certainly is probable.

i bought FFT0 just to test selling stupid things on the DOTATO 2 market. I was tempted after making $12 on selling Alien Isolation preorder TF2 stuff last year and i figured, well, even if i dont make much off the DOTATO 2 stuff i can live with paying $20 for FFT0

Yeah, I read that post of yours where you mentioned it, and because of that I decided to pre-order it myself.

Dsyndrome

witcha 3 is pretty fun so far, i'm instantly hooked in the universe and crap like i always was and the combat feels fun if a bit convoluted (why are there dodge and roll buttons -__-), and the quests so far have been pretty nice. i played it on the difficulty right above normal and i'm like always broke and getting killed semi regularly so that's pretty cool

i'm not sure i enjoy how skyrim-y it feels tho. like opening up the map and going places just because there's a question mark on them feels kind of like tedious for me even like 2 hours in. i also wish there were buttons to quickly access your quests or the map from the controller instead of having to go through a slow menu

i'm also not a fan that they really simplified the glossary. it was one of my favorite things about witcha 1 and 2 and here it's like a brochure more than a codex

but so far so good, i love ciri, i love geralt, i love that your horse is named roach and monster hunting is awesome and all that cool stuff is cool

also it runs a not very stable 60 fps on medium with basic ao on my computer which is pretty nice and more than i expected. i might drop ao just to get a more solid fps, i dunno, the image quality drop is really noticeable with that

Late, but: Roll causes you to lose stamina but goes further away; dodge is quick and doesn't cause a stamina penalty.
Edit: NVM, you already found that.

Anybody got an over/under on the going price for the DOTA chocobo?

MUnited83

For you.
$5 - 10 for each. I'm also betting that the GMG keys don't have the pre-order bonuses, and people are going to scramble to snatch the DOTA items from Steam Market once they realize this.
GMG keys do give the bonuses as well. Its clearly stated on the lage.

How? It's not available and it'll be months before you can sell.

But if GMG preorders give you one too the price will probably be lower than some hope.
Well, Alien Isolation AMD codes had the preorder items as well but they still sold for a good price !

GMG keys do give the bonuses as well. Its clearly stated on the lage.

Well, Alien Isolation AMD codes had the preorder items as well but they still sold for a good price !

Well, I do think Jase is correct when he states that there hasn't been a case where preorder items were given from keys sold through third-party sites. I also don't trust GMG as much as I did before the Witcher 3 key fiasco. I could be wrong, but I won't be surprised at all if they just give out standard retail keys.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

Technically it launches 19th so in two days for us, though that won't make a difference for you :p

pahamrick

Well, I do think Jase is correct when he states that there hasn't been a case where preorder items were given from keys sold through third-party sites. I also don't trust GMG as much as I did before the Witcher 3 key fiasco. I could be wrong, but I won't be surprised at all if they just give out standard retail keys.

Will be interesting if that's the case.

DocSeuss

I can't figure out where IdleMaster is installed to. Apparently, running Steam as administrator means I have to run IdleMaster as administrator, but I can't, like... get it to do that.

morningbus

I can't figure out where IdleMaster is installed to. Apparently, running Steam as administrator means I have to run IdleMaster as administrator, but I can't, like... get it to do that.

Right Click > Properties > Open File Location?

Dsyndrome

How? It's not available and it'll be months before you can sell.

But if GMG preorders give you one too the price will probably be lower than some hope.
Guessing's what I meant. Also, months? I thought stuff couldn't be sold for a week.

$5 - 10 for each. I'm also betting that the GMG keys don't have the pre-order bonuses, and people are going to scramble to snatch the DOTA items from Steam Market once they realize this.
GMG did say it comes with the chocobo, didn't have any qualms about getting it cheaper from them because of it. I don't care about the chocobo at all, but if GMG doesn't actually come with it, people will be furious (and I guess justifiably so) due to false advertising.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Takes me to an "appreference" in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IdleMaster

Try doing so on the running process for IdleMaster in the Task Manager instead. It should take you to a folder nestled deep within a "2.0" folder in AppData, which will be the current version installed.

morningbus

Takes me to an "appreference" in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\IdleMaster

After Right Clicking > Properties do you see an Advanced button? You may be able to toggle on admin privileges.

You can ignore Steam client status in the IdleMaster settings. Checking that option worked for me in the same situation.

DocSeuss

Try doing so on the running process for IdleMaster in the Task Manager instead. It should take you to a folder nestled deep within a "2.0" folder in AppData, which will be the current version installed.

...that's weird.

After Right Clicking > Properties do you see an Advanced button? You may be able to toggle on admin privileges.

No, that's the problem. It's a shortcut. Shortcuts don't have that.

You can ignore Steam client status in the IdleMaster settings. Checking that option worked for me in the same situation.

That fixed it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It uses a Microsoft ClickOnce installation path so it technically "installs" it into your AppData folder and is quite buried. Thanks Microsoft. Alternatively, you can install the portable zip from the website by just copying the files anywhere you'd like. Then you can right click and run as admin.

Or you can do this.

MUnited83

For you.
Again, this is incorrect. I remember people getting TF2 items from Wolfenstein The New Order from preorder keys.

Chariot

Here it is
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Nekopara vol. 0 -- MB-23D29E8EEF1DE08B - Taken by Milamber

yuraya

My concern with MGS5 is that some of the cut scenes will be longer than my regular play sessions.

I am expecting a lot of long cut scenes. But I don't think there will be anything on the scale of MGS4. Maybe like beginning, middle and end of the game will have very long ones but the rest of the game will be short-medium length cut scenes.

It is the Kojima finale so people have to expect the ending to go very long and other weird stuff gonna happen.

Grief.exe

I am expecting a lot of long cut scenes. But I don't think there will be anything on the scale of MGS4. Maybe like beginning, middle and end of the game will have very long ones but the rest of the game will be short-medium length cut scenes.

It is the Kojima finale so people have to expect the ending to go very long and other weird stuff gonna happen.

I got the impression there will be less emphasis on story and cut scenes in MGSV when compared to previous entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom