• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the impression there will be less emphasis on story and cut scenes in MGSV when compared to previous entries.

yup, especially since it's mission based and that paying Keifer was so pricey that they've already come out and said to expect a quieter Snake in MGSV.

I think the days of +hour long cutscenes are probably behind us

Backlogger

I don't mind long cut scenes as long as they are good and as long as there is an option to skip them.

Why do I feel like this is going to be a crappy Monday? I have only been at work for less than 40 minutes too. I need more positive vibes or something.

I got the impression there will be less emphasis on story and cut scenes in MGSV when compared to previous entries.

yup, especially since it's mission based and that paying Keifer was so pricey that they've already come out and said to expect a quieter Snake in MGSV.

I hope so.

I'm sure the ending will still be a shit show though. Hopefully not as bad as MGS4. I remember putting the controller down around 11 and going to bed around 1, unsure of what fuckery I just watched.

KingKong

I liked Witcher 3 just fine but a new game+ for a huge sprawling rpg with hundreds of quests to re-do seems like a weird thing for people to get so excited about

I liked Witcher 3 just fine but a new game+ for a huge sprawling rpg with hundreds of quests to re-do seems like a weird thing for people to get so excited about

Agreed. Unless there are some bigger differences (ala Dark Souls 2), I can't see myself putting in another 60 hours being too OP for combat.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

I just finished Witcher 3 and I do not understand the appeal to play though this giant game directly after also I'll probably start a new one more likely when I play it again in a few years.

yuraya

The game is open world this time. So there will be like 100x more gameplay compared to previous games. So lots of 5-10 minute cutscenes won't seem as bad.

Even with GZ there was a 5-10 minute cut scene to start the game and another one to finish lol. There won't be anything as crazy as MGS4 but its still gonna be a Kojima game. There is just too much story and lore during the 80s in the MGS universe. Even more so than any other decade. I highly doubt Kojima will go soft this time around :p

Kiefer doesn't have to talk tho. He is just one character. He barely said anything in GZ and there was still lengthy cut scenes. Kojima has his own style of editing cut scenes where they are always prolonged. I am guessing most of the talking in the game will be done by Ocelot and Kaz. I don't think there will be 1+ hour long ones but I wouldn't be surprised if we see some in the 20-40 minutes.

I just finished Witcher 3 and I do not understand the appeal to playthough this giant game directly after also, I'll probably start a new one more likely when I play it again in a few years.

That's like telling me to go through a GTA story again despite me doing everything or almost everything. I would rather just boot it up and dick around. And The Witcher 3 is much longer than a GTA plot. I mean it helps it's an RPG though but, yeah I don't know myself.

Chariot

What screenshot? I'm at work but my cubicle is pretty remote.
Steam Screenshots. Vol. 0 was a lot lewder than censored Vol. 1.

The game is only half an hour long, you follow a day in Shigures house with all the nekos. It was lighthearted, but not as good as Vol. 1, because of the needless and repetetive boob jokes. Also Cinnamon got some serious issues.
9445E3A93FEE6BA556A4F506E34372C55FB64F01
However the animations and interactions were pretty great. I am looking forward to a full Vol. 2 with the animations of Vol. 0 and a less to none lewd slice of life story.6

Salsa

of course he loves evangelion

conveluted nonsense that people give deep meaning to even tho the creator is straight up laughing, not even getting it himself, and playing with the fanbase?

check

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
of course he loves evangelion

conveluted nonsense that people give deep meaning to even tho the creator is straight up laughing, not even getting it himself, and playing with the fanbase?

check

I mean

You could say that, until you actually read the game plans that have been published which show that they were intended to be that deep from the getgo.

I feel like some of you try too hard to dismiss anything that isn't instantly surface-level easy to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom