• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait until after Aug 28th to pre-order MGSV (I put my name into that giveaway thread on the gaming side so maybe my 0.000000000000001% chance of winning will come through)

I won't win

Well, I do think Jase is correct when he states that there hasn't been a case where preorder items were given from keys sold through third-party sites. I also don't trust GMG as much as I did before the Witcher 3 key fiasco. I could be wrong, but I won't be surprised at all if they just give out standard retail keys.

Humble is also selling FF Type 0 with the Dota bonuses.
I wouldn't worry

Salsa

I mean

You could say that, until you actually read the game plans that have been published which show that they were intended to be that deep from the getgo.

I feel like some of you try too hard to dismiss anything that isn't instantly surface-level easy to understand.

or im making a joke

@ Type 0
But everyone is saying it sucks pretty badly, hardly anyone is saying anything positive.
It got decent to good reviews and is generally well liked on gaf outside of the people who can't stand the motion blur. It has flaws inherent to being a psp game originally but it's worth playing.

a birthday that matters: my steam account is 11 years old today. Now, to celebrate by patiently waiting for a key so i can download a high def remaster of a japanese portable roleplaying game and play it using a microsoft xbox 360 controller

some things never change

edit: key just arrived woohoo

If anyone didn't know Spindoctor loathes evangelion. That's why I made the post lol.

I do? That's news to me.

Honestly the reason I'm not sure about MGS 5 is because I'm getting a little tired of open world games. I've been playing GTA 5 and Witcher 3 since April. After this there's Fallout 4 which is already pre-ordered and then Just Cause 3 which I can't skip. And then Mirrors Edge 2 early next year. On top of that I have AC Unity and Far Cry 4 installed which I'd like to get through at some point. Just too much open world gaming :(

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Kojima is a evangelion fan so maybe not
2vCKu.jpg

this dude is 51. christ, I probably look older and I'm 27.

Anteater

Yeah, the feels of suffering and torture, really struggling through it just so i can delete it and forget it. (too annoyed with the game to enjoy it properly)

lol saw your post in the witcher 3 thread

are the glitches really that bad on your end? I had a few quests that didn't work right, but so far it's not so bad

Not exclusively and imo story is a very important part of such an RPG.
I checked three pages back and almost comment is about the story outside of an aside from someone asking about the gameplay systems. The second thread is specifically about the story.

And I always prefer a well-written, interesting story but Type 0 has great combat to hold it up and it's not like there's many action game that aren't nonsense. Which doesn't excuse it of course, but it's at least made by other things.

derExperte

I checked three pages back and almost comment is about the story outside of an aside from someone asking about the gameplay systems. The second thread is specifically about the story.

And I always prefer a well-written, interesting story but Type 0 has great combat to hold it up and it's not like there's many action game that aren't nonsense. Which doesn't excuse it of course, but it's at least made by other things.

When you have people saying that they stopped because the story and characters are unbearably bad I don't think it's a stretch to say that they think the game is bad.

If you have people saying they stopped because the story and characters are unbearably bad I don't think it's a stretch to say that they think the game is bad.
I remember literally nothing of the story in Ninja Gaiden, Vanquish, God Hand, and so on other than they were terrible. So I think it is a stretch.

Don't really see anyone taking it to that level of distaste either. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom