• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Yeah man, that was good shit. Glad to know the feels weren't just from me being a dad now hah.

yeah
i don't know if it's because you spend most of the game looking for Ciri, that first cutscene hits hard and I'm enjoying all the cutscenes with everyone just hanging out together lol

I really hope the devs for Fistfull of Frags get the game out of Source or go the Source 2 like they want to at some point.

Probably the Source Mod I had the most fun with but, this engine.

Also Kojima is 51? I still had him in his early 40s for some reason.

Much like Sakurai he is a vampire too with no aging.

I added Zkylewd for all the dickpics >:D

D6okg01.gif

Jawmuncher

I do? That's news to me.

Honestly the reason I'm not sure about MGS 5 is because I'm getting a little tired of open world games. I've been playing GTA 5 and Witcher 3 since April. After this there's Fallout 4 which is already pre-ordered and then Just Cause 3 which I can't skip. And then Mirrors Edge 2 early next year. On top of that I have AC Unity and Far Cry 4 installed which I'd like to get through at some point. Just too much open world gaming :(

Ahh I see. Guess I confused you with someone else. Could've sworn it was you.

lol saw your post in the witcher 3 thread

are the glitches really that bad on your end? I had a few quests that didn't work right, but so far it's not so bad

Since I'm roaming the lands a lot, the most annoying glitch is the horse getting stuck pretty much exactly everywhere (for some reason it feels like it's happening a lot more in v1.08?). I mean, I'm getting stuck in the middle of the road, like there's some wall. Also climbing is glitchy, sometimes Geralt just wont grab a ledge until after a few tries. Yesterday I played a quest where you climb a mountain with sirens. I was on my way up and were just gonna jump to a ledge, boom, control scheme changed to combat and he just dashed down instead.......

But I think my main issue with the game is simply design choices. I don't care for Signs and levling up my character, which have never happened before. Levling is like my #1 thing to do, getting strong as fuck. In Witcher 3? nope...

Then we have the incredibly shitty inventory system with an incredibly stupid sorting feature (sort by type, over 100 of one item so it takes up 2 spots, the one item are still in totally different random places.) and an incredibly annoying weight limit. I know this weight limit exist in many other games, but in Witcher it's 100 times more annoying. You get encumbered after 2 quests, then you walk in slow motion to the merchant, who is out of money, so you walk over to the next, he's out of money too, and so on. Thank god they patched craftables to be 0 in weight at least, so I could have 2 more swords :p

And this Heavy/Medium/Light armor is just... what? I was looking through my diagram list and saw that mastercrafted light armor is heavier than medium armor. I laughed my ass off.

Oh and this ability tree, where you can use what, 12 abilities out of 70?

Dialogue options, lol, anyone noticed he rarely actually say what you pick?

Meh, this rant, so unnecessary. It's a beautiful game/world with the best quest content I've ever seen, I'm just not a fan about anything else, which feels really janky and slow.

Then we have the incredibly shitty inventory system with an incredibly stupid sorting feature (sort by type, over 100 of one item so it takes up 2 spots, the one item are still in totally different random places.) and an incredibly annoying weight limit. I know this weight limit exist in many other games, but in Witcher it's 100 times more annoying. You get encumbered after 2 quests, then you walk in slow motion to the merchant, who is out of money, so you walk over to the next, he's out of money too, and so on. Thank god they patched craftables to be 0 in weight at least, so I could have 2 more swords :p

Weight limit mod was the first thing I installed. The weight limit stuff is incredibly stupid and ruins the fun for me. Being able to carry everything is where it's at.

I'm with you on this. I'm sitting on like 12 skill points that mean fuck all because i'd be leveling something not in my build. Why?

Anteater

Since I'm roaming the lands a lot, the most annoying glitch is the horse getting stuck pretty much exactly everywhere (for some reason it feels like it's happening a lot more in v1.08?). I mean, I'm getting stuck in the middle of the road, like there's some wall. Also climbing is glitchy, sometimes Geralt just wont grab a ledge until after a few tries. Yesterday I played a quest where you climb a mountain with sirens. I was on my way up and were just gonna jump to a ledge, boom, control scheme changed to combat and he just dashed down instead.......

But I think my main issue with the game is simply design choices. I don't care for Signs and levling up my character, which have never happened before. Levling is like my #1 thing to do, getting strong as fuck. In Witcher 3? nope...

And this Heavy/Medium/Light armor is just... what? I was looking through my diagram list and saw that mastercrafted light armor is heavier than medium armor. I laughed my ass off.

Dialogue options, lol, anyone noticed he rarely actually say what you pick?

Meh, this rant, so unnecessary. It's a beautiful game/world with the best quest content I've ever seen, I'm just not a fan about anything else, which feels really janky and slow.

damn, yeah, all the issues could add up and get in your way, i wish they have modtools like the bethesda games, would make things a lot easier to fix

some of the mods so far kind of helped though, like the weight limit

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Grandia II is coming out on August 24th for $14.99 (launch price, normally $19.99)

now called Anniversary Edition

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/grandia-ii-hd-edition-launches-august-24

Sweet, day 1 for sure :)

DX12 Benchmarks made with Ashes of the Singularity: http://www.computerbase.de/2015-08/...of-the-singularity-unterschiede-amd-nvidia/2/ CPU is a i7-4770K. Those AMD gains.

Eurogamer has also a test up...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-ashes-of-the-singularity-dx12-benchmark-tested

Arthea

Grandia II is coming out on August 24th for $14.99 (launch price, normally $19.99)

August is killing me, why oh why so many games I want have to be released the same month!

If you're playing a FF game for it's story post FF9, you're doing it wrong. :)

FFX has a good story and characters, I'm aware that you hate it, but most don't, quite contrary, just sayin

AHA-Lambda

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Make Type-0 your 500th, if you haven't bought it already.

hnnnhggg

If I can get some cash back from the DOTA items, this is what I'm getting. Straight into my veins.

I already know it'll be Volume tomorrow :p

I hate Final Fantasy -_-

Weight limit mod was the first thing I installed. The weight limit stuff is incredibly stupid and ruins the fun for me. Being able to carry everything is where it's at.

Where were you 3 months ago dude!
I've been "circumventing" the encumbered status by punching once and then dashing or rolling in the direction i'm going. Never roll in the cities though, I've accidentally looted boxes in front of guards too many times :p

Anteater

Where were you 3 months ago dude!
I've been "circumventing" the encumbered status by punching once and then dashing or rolling in the direction i'm going. Never roll in the cities though, I've accidentally looted boxes in front of guards too many times :p

you could also increase your inventory space with a horse item

i literally found that out like yesterday doing those stupid horse races

and yes i've been doing the punch and roll shit >_>

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

Make Type-0 your 500th, if you haven't bought it already.

hnnnhggg

If I can get some cash back from the DOTA items, this is what I'm getting. Straight into my veins.

Doesn't Steam usually make those pre-order items non-marketable for a certain amount of time after release? I doubt those Dota 2 items will be eligible for selling straight away.

Any bets on when GMG will put those Type-0 keys up?

already got mine from them...picked it up this morning with that 26% off code

Eila

Damn, did not expect it this soon, screens still looked rough. I thought they'd spend more time enhacing it, but hopefully they were from an earlier build.
Just as long as it's not any worse than the other versions around it's a good deal. Now drop the Trails in the Sky SC bomb, though that's pretty much confirmed to be delayed for months, right?

Doesn't steam usually make those pre-order items non-marketable for a certain amount of time after release? I doubt those Dota 2 items will be eligible for selling straight away.

I know. That's why I'm waiting to see if/when I can sell them, then decide on what to do. $15 is a good price.

Damn, did not expect it this soon, screens still looked rough. I thought they'd spend more time enhacing it, but hopefully they were from an earlier build.
Just as long as it's not any worse than the other versions around it's a good deal. Now drop the Trails in the Sky SC bomb, though that's pretty much confirmed to be delayed for months, right?

They just said SC probably won't make summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom