• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Damn, did not expect it this soon, screens still looked rough. I thought they'd spend more time enhacing it, but hopefully they were from an earlier build.
Just as long as it's not any worse than the other versions around it's a good deal. Now drop the Trails in the Sky SC bomb, though that's pretty much confirmed to be delayed for months, right?

They said not to expect it for another few months in their newest QA breakdown.

you could also increase your inventory space with a horse item

i literally found that out like yesterday doing those stupid horse races
and yes i've been doing the punch and roll shit >_>

Lol my god, poor guy, you must have had hell :p
Though, I was encumbered all the time anyway, even though I got the best saddlebag pretty early on. It just stacks up so much and quickly.

Arthea

At this point it will be miracle if we'll get Trails SC this year... because when they say a few months, that doesn't really mean few, it depends on your definition of few, I guess.

And seeing as Trails FC has problems running on win10...

DX12 Benchmarks made with Ashes of the Singularity: http://www.computerbase.de/2015-08/...of-the-singularity-unterschiede-amd-nvidia/2/ CPU is a i7-4770K. Those AMD gains.
0kNYA9X.png

Seems something on DX11 is bottlenecking the FuryX unnaturally high.

At this point it will be miracle if we'll get Trails SC this year... because when they say a few months, that doesn't really mean few, it depends on your definition of few, I guess.

They made it clear that SC will definitely release before Cold Steel

Arthea

They made it clear that SC will definitely release before Cold Steel

before that they made it clear that it definitely will come this summer no matter what and before that we had similar pattern with FC. And after the game didn't release as planned, now they'll have to work on win10 compatibility, I don't see any other way, win10 is already released and that will take time, a lot of time I assume, seeing as they don't have any extra hands for the project.

edited: so ... no wide screen for Grandia and no HD too? aww
or are those screens no longer relevant?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Since there seems to be a lack of positive remarks on Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, allow me to share mine with you.
  • I really liked the idea that all of the characters in the game were playable from the outset. There isn't really a "main character" as you can even change your primary character so you're in no way forced to play as a particular Class Zero member. You can even switch things up as often as you'd like, although a character you don't normally use will be pretty underleveled and in need of grinding. Obviously, some characters will have more dialog or importance than others in the story, but that's not really a big deal.
  • As an action RPG, I appreciated that each character's basic attacks play differently and that no two characters really play the same. The more you use a particular character, the more sophistication you're able to unlock in that character's moveset which is also pretty cool. Some characters are easier to learn than others, so your choice of character (see above) is almost a way of setting your difficulty level in the game.
  • Chocobos and Moogles

This must be my month for getting access to closed betas. I should have a Black Ops III closed beta key on the way before the end of the month. Interested to check it out and see how it goes - I haven't played any of the games since Modern Warfare 1.

Eila

I want to believe that they'll keep their word on releasing it before Cold Steel. I'll take it even if it crashes a few times. Neptunia had some issues and still managed to have every positive ratings.

The chance of them becoming tradable before the 2 week refund window is up is 0.00001% so you'll definitely miss the launch discount.

I wasn't planning on getting a refund. I bought it to play it, first and foremost.

I'm also confident that anyone who sells the items is going to be locked out of a refund anyway. No way would Valve allow people to have their cake and eat it too.

Jawmuncher

I have the PS4 version of Type-0, which I haven't played yet... should I get the PC version instead? Any new content?
Better performance and if you buy right now a chocobo dota item. That's it really.
Those games can wait, besides this game is like 75% cheaper than any one of those 2 :V
Nah, I learned my lesson when I bought that one game Arthea likes that I can't remember the name of. Still haven't played it.

Yeah he did sadly become less like able in the stories and Off the Record. The charm for whatever reason was lost. Also becoming Dan Akyrod didn't help.

I'm not sure what the hell happened to his visual design, he ended up looking like a completely different dude... and then it happened again when he was put int UMvC3.

Capcom being aware of his internet status for "I've covered wars, y'know." changed how they wrote his character too, it seems.

I was so glad to see Chuck in DR2 and saddened that he wasn't the main person in DR3 (still need to play that...). OTR never held any appeal to me because I don't care about the new Frank and I've never had a problem with the timer, so other than the new content, there was very little it had to offer for me.

Surprisingly, after 100% the prologue chapter to DR2 on x360, then doing most of the trophies for a platinum on PS3 in DR2, I tried the epilogue chapter and the setting just kind of killed it.

derExperte

If anyone is wondering: Steam frontpage says Volume is pre-purchasable but it isn't and won't be.

I wasn't planning on getting a refund. I bought it to play it, first and foremost.

I'm also confident that anyone who sells the items is going to be locked out of a refund anyway. No way would Valve allow people to have their cake and eat it too.

I wasn't talking about you of course. But Valve won't bother to refuse refunds for those who sold the items if that is even possible, they'll just make them non-tradeable until no one can get refunds anymore.

MUnited83

For you.

It won't be possible to do that because the items will only be marketable way, wayyyyyy after the refund period ends.

I have the PS4 version of Type-0, which I haven't played yet... should I get the PC version instead? Any new content?
This is the new content as far as I know:

Upgraded graphics resolution options for high end pc’s
Improved in-game battle camera
Full STEAM achievements and trading cards
Scalable motion blur settings
Increased blood levels from the original PSP version

Though I wouldn't buy it if I already had one.

Arthea

Nah, I learned my lesson when I bought that one game Arthea likes that I can't remember the name of. Still haven't played it.

which one and why haven't you played it yet?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=173259111&postcount=41
I think it's almost for sure we're getting blurry stretched menus, but at a least the game will support widescreen at higher resolutions. So pretty much the emulated dreamcast version.

oh well, maybe I was expecting too much

GAF is back :3

Front Wars and Warshift are out. Chariot is trying out Front Wars right now.

EDIT: Front Wars is apparently not the Advance Wars clone we wanted. :(

Just had an illegal access atempt to my Steam account from Ukraine 30 mins ago... I went and changed my password and I'm wondering about that phone security thing. My phone isn't precisely the most secure thing (it's a Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone) so I have no idea if it's worth it.

Did anyone else get "accessed" recently or is this a byproduct of the previous security mess that happened before?

How annoying, dammit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom