• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes , wait for the GOTY edition with all DLC for $30-40 after 6 months

its Bethesda after all

Sound advice.
ehh.png

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Grandia II is coming out on August 24th for $14.99 (launch price, normally $19.99)

now called Anniversary Edition

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/grandia-ii-hd-edition-launches-august-24

Awesome! I hope they bring the rest of the series, I like to play them in order.

Finally took the time to look at Zesteria's combat system and it looks friggin awesome. This will be my first one I've played since Phantasia.

Phantasia's great. I love older Tales games.

zkylon

zkylewd
yea i dunno how firefox deals with flash now, haven't really bothered looking that up, i just quickly built for flash cos haxe is not awesome with html5

30FPS cap just means I'll run it at 4K. I believe this game comes with "a customizable dynamic screen shot mode" as well. So there's that.

Yeah, I guess I'll enjoy it nonetheless.
Turns out it'll be available 23 hours later, which is tomorrow right here, the 19th of August.
Madness.

I'm really not liking Metro LL Redux right now.

I just,
survived the horde rush at the water powered elevator in the catacombs
and now the game is crashing to desktop as soon as I
get to the dead body at the top of the elevator.

My gaming PC is Intel/AMD i5/290X, I also installed the game on my HTPC AMD Kaveri 7850K APU and had the same issue.(surprisingly it gets 45-60fps on low/720p... Better than I expected.)

I looked online and people were claiming it was due to the engine not playing well with AMD GPUs.

So, I just installed it on my Macbook Pro i7/GTX 750m and it crashed just the same.

I guess I need to restart the chapter?

...or do you guys know of any specific settings I need to play with to keep it from crashing?

Long USB cable + USB hub +

ikea-dave-sm.jpg

Also = comfy-couch PC gaming with all the bells & whistles of kb/m
Have a table like that but I want a stable desk since I like resting my arms on it. A bit unlucky in my case since couch is a wee bit too low but I'll take that any day over the pain in my legs from the chair.

Ravidrath posted about it, just thought of some developers avoiding a platform just because they don't know someone who uses was baffling. They could easily search about that market but still take decisions based on how little they know about that market.

I just dont see how you think so locally/national. I mean we experienced that when we worked together with an anime publisher but that was about 10 years ago. I would have thought that changed, but apparently it didnt.

But I mean they could just check the sales of Neptunia 1 for example that has been out for 4 or 5 months now and sees it is selling well. Why not embrace Steam then? It doesnt make any sense money-wise. Someone just needs to add some achievements and other Steam API features.

I just dont see how you think so locally/national. I mean we experienced that when we worked together with an anime publisher but that was about 10 years ago. I would have thought that changed, but apparently it didnt.

But I mean they could just check the sales of Neptunia 1 for example that has been out for 4 or 5 months now and sees it is selling well. Why not embrace Steam then? It doesnt make any sense money-wise. Someone just needs to add some achievements and other Steam API features.

Exactly. It's like they don't ever take the time to research the outside market.

fertygo

Already updating my windows, still not getting W10 upgrade prompt.. not like I want to, doesn't planning to use W10 till build a new rig but I'm curious.

Don't tell me this thing right here is the deal breaker.

Caerith

My problem with my couch PC gaming setup is text size being too small in some games. I usually don't see a problem with text size on the same TV in console games.

Yeah, I wish there was an option to toggle text & UI size by viewing distance. I mean, we could probably even get rid of FOV sliders with a simple "how far are you sitting?"

Any way to stop the crashing in Ground Zeroes in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The strange thing is, that I played it like 1 and a half month ago before the official release of W10, but since the W10 release it always crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom