• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... every time I play a new VN, I come here saying "Why can't I ever play a VN where I don't see a mistake in the text?"

Well... this is Nekopara Vol.0 #1

dFoGprV.jpg

They don't have money to hire proofreaders, or even time to send things through spellchecker.

GaussTek

I'm weak...

Sx8nNp6.png

Oh well, it's really cheap in the mexican store (~$15). Plus, I'll sell the DOTA items as soon as they show up, hope to get at least a couple of bucks from them lol

GaussTek

Do you have to launch DOTA to get promo items like you do with TF2 promo items?

I want to know that as well. I though they just showed up in your inventory once the game unlocks lol

That is a lot of final fantasy
image.php

I only bought them because I want FFXV on PC asap lol :p

BTW, Square, please release Lightning Returns already so I can have the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis series on PC :D

Parsnip

I want to know that as well. I though they just showed up in your inventory once the game unlocks lol

I think you need to run doto for the items to pop, or that has been the case in the past as far as I recall. You can probably fake it with SAM or the appid trick though.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone on Reddit asked me a few questions about Idle Master and since I believe they were genuinely curious (and the thread had good visibility) I decided to give the most complete answer I possibly could on the subject.

It might be worth a read for anyone that's interested in Idle Master and why it needs what it needs and how it works.

GaussTek

I think you need to run doto for the items to pop, or that has been the case in the past as far as I recall. You can probably fake it with SAM or the appid trick though.

Ahh I see. So, once they are available, just by running Dota 2 the items should pop-up? I'm not a Dota player, but if you only need to run it once without doing anything, I don't mind.

iosefe

Game purchase question from comrade Shadownet!
i have just enough money left to either get Typ-0 on GMG with my 26% off coupon or buy Shadowrun Hong Kong
id like to get FF but man ive heard so many people disliking it and that it can be so mediocre
well its either I buy FF and deal with mediocrity or gamble with Shadowrun Hong Kong and hope it will be good which if its anything like Dragonfall it should be

thoughts and opinions, SteamGAF?
he can only buy one

graveyard maker. the amount of dead users within the first page is palpable.

I don't think there was a thread.
I didn't see one at least and cursory search doesn't bring up anything.

Yeah, I'm not making a thread for that. :/

I'm weak...

Sx8nNp6.png

Oh well, it's really cheap in the mexican store (~$15). Plus, I'll sell the DOTA items as soon as they show up, hope to get at least a couple of bucks from them lol

That is a lot of final fantasy
image.php

There's no other platform that has this many Final Fantasy games. If you want to play most of Final Fantasy games, get a PC.

Anyway, where's XIV in your library? Get it! :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
There's no other platform that has this many Final Fantasy games. If you want to play most of Final Fantasy games, get a PC.

I'm pretty sure the PSP or Playstation Vita still has the widest selection of Final Fantasy games available.

jshackles

All hail the mighty Vita.

Too bad we didn't get a digital version of Crisis Core

Of course, come to think of it, you might have access to more Final Fantasy if you had a backwards compatible PS3. Either way, all of these have way more Final Fantasy than Steam does. Hopefully some day that will change.

Backlogger

My problem with my couch PC gaming setup is text size being too small in some games. I usually don't see a problem with text size on the same TV in console games.

Its not just PC games. Having the same issue with some console games lately too (Like Wolf TNO and Far Cry 4). Maybe I'm just getting old...

I'm pretty sure the PSP or Playstation Vita still has the widest selection of Final Fantasy games available.

If we're including the classic PSN games, that's true.

I would grab FF XIV right away if it was like TESO (I really hate monthly fees) :(

Yeah, I hate monthly fees as well. I dropped the game after 6 months of play due to that "I've paid for a month, I have to play every day to make the most out of it!" feeling.
I hope it's going buy to play but It's impossible atm.

Caerith

I would grab FF XIV right away if it was like TESO (I really hate monthly fees) :(

I
like an idiot
pre-ordered FFXIV and so was able to play 2.0 for 2 weeks before there was a fee. It was more than enough time to beat all available content.

You get 30 days buying it from Steam, right? Probably enough to beat all the content and the expansion content.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pid -- MB-75495960A68AACCF - Taken by Corvo Jensen

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Pid was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Indie Assault -- MB-4639EC4AF64D9985 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Squarelands -- MB-EFC9CF3CEED41592 - Taken by rainking187
Crow -- MB-DB85FF994EA87E95 - Taken by texhnolyze

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Probably should have asked Valve first...

He did. They never responded.

I feel like introducing paid subscriptions might be a can of worms you'd rather not open. You are using publically available APIs in order to calculate your data, and I'm not sure if Valve and co would be okay with a commercial use of such data.

I've asked them, but they're silent as usual.

It's funny, because they do reply to work-related emails :)

No, the site stays. He started a subscription service for people who wanted more advanced data. As expected, Valve is not cool with that, so the subscrition thing is down. The site stays and will continue to stay as usual.

Oh, right. I remember that he offered more data for basic/registered members.
So there was a subscription members as well? I didn't know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom