• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any way to stop the crashing in Ground Zeroes in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The strange thing is, that I played it like 1 and a half month ago before the official release of W10, but since the W10 release it always crashes.

If you have an AMD GPU with 15.7.1 then this works.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/311340/discussions/0/535152511353748004/

Been playing it lately with no crashes. Might not be related directly to Windows 10. There's an AMD sticky in the steam forums that if you have an AMD GPU.

It's an issue with the latest drivers, 15.7.1, the previous drivers 15.7 on W10 Pro play the game fine.

Corpekata

Banned
Any way to stop the crashing in Ground Zeroes in Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The strange thing is, that I played it like 1 and a half month ago before the official release of W10, but since the W10 release it always crashes.

Been playing it lately with no crashes. Might not be related directly to Windows 10. There's an AMD sticky in the steam forums that if you have an AMD GPU.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hands on Deck -- MB-31687515F395CF5B - Taken by Terra_Ex. 1 entrants total.
Spirit Of War -- MB-33B853A70B8978F9 - Taken by ExoSoul. 1 entrants total.
Crow -- MB-A5A3EECAC6E154D2 - Taken by Anastasia. 3 entrants total.
Squarelands -- MB-5371D49C56DCAEA8 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
Immune -- MB-8C7CA0BDCF0DFB26 - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Alpha Runner -- MB-08D7195A980B269D - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.

t1439859645z1.png

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I hope to see a "creative consultant" tier somewhere. They have potential, but honestly, their video did absolutely nothing to convince me they understood why things are supposed to be scary. A good looking engine can only take you so far, especially when compared to the mind bendingly good P.T. that they cite as a heavy influence.

L7hvJ8t.png

Who knows, I think a Konami person knows about the issue even, but haven't issued a fix.

they know...it's even mentioned on the Steam Store page for GZ

A strong man doesn't need to read the future, he makes his own driver patches.

Thanks to your feedback we've encountered an issue with the newest AMD driver "AMD Catalyst 15.7.1" where MGSV: GZ will experience crashes when launching the game.

The crashes mentioned above weren't observed when using the previous driver "AMD Catalyst 15.7.0".

You and I will meet again in battle.

We're currently looking into this issue for both Ground Zeroes and any potential issues for the upcoming release of The Phantom Pain.

Thank you all for your help in identifying this problem and your patience as we work to fix it.

-KJPDev

Finally got a mouse pad with space for all 3 of my mices!

3? Now I've heard everything.

This bot is drunk. This is not PC news, let alone Steam news.

Soo....

Why wouldnt Konami fix the game like that?

Who said they weren't going to fix it?

Who knows, I think a Konami person knows about the issue even, but haven't issued a fix.

Debugging is easy! Problems can be debugged in seconds and patches can be coded, tested, and certified in mere hours!

Anyone played Starbound lately? How 'Early Access' are we now?

At release it was a very basic Terraria clone with some new stuff of it's own. A few months back, after they resumed public updates, everything new was gated behind some tedious missions. I haven't bothered to keep up since then.

Feels like it'll be a year at least before they hit their feature list for full release. And it'll probably be much longer before it's really *fun.*

What's this about canon endings and long wars?
Impossible Iron Man is canon. Sort of.

Caerith

Haven't ever played an XCOM game, but from what I've heard, the latest game starts off with
humanity being beaten/ruled by the aliens. I assume that's the joke being made since that user gave up trying to beat it

Pretty much. The premise of XCOM 2 is "what if XCOM lost?" Which makes the ending most people get the canon one.

iosefe

i know for damn sure my Long war game is gonna end that way.

i stopped playing shortly after Turf made the ultimate sacrifice

Anastasia

Anyone played Starbound lately? How 'Early Access' are we now?

My girlfriend and I used to play it a lot, but had to stop recently. We've been playing Terraria instead. Terraria runs a lot better and has some other things that I wish Starbound did, but I still like Starbound more. There was a really big update that just released for the Unstable build, so I'm curious to try that out.

Finished a full match today in Killing Floor 2. Boy is it intense action. Thought a little more gritty L4D2 but it play a lot more different. Instead of running long patches like headless chicken and spraying areas of zombies, there are smaller areas to hold out waves. Zombies here also feel more dangerous and diverse.

Of course the main thing, shooting, is incredible! Body parts flying all around the place, nailing headshots with that gritty, satisfying mushy sound, b&w slow-mo for that incredible sweet sweet precision mayhem.
Weapons themselves feel awesome and come in a surprising slew of variations. Levels are very atmospheric.

I am having fun. I am having loads of fun.
Lashman you da MVP!

Annubis

So... every time I play a new VN, I come here saying "Why can't I ever play a VN where I don't see a mistake in the text?"

Well... this is Nekopara Vol.0 #1

dFoGprV.jpg

I mean if the fix just consists of replacing a DLL, why couldnt they do it now?

Because if it's something like "oh, well if you put the old dll back in here, everything works", that's not a solution, that's a workaround -- the delta from version a to version b would be missing and all the new function in the library would be gone. There's no difference in AMD saying "roll your driver back" vs pushing a new driver with the old dll.

At the end of the day, the shop wants to understand the cause so they can fix it and deliver the new code/features that the latest driver was supposed to contain, they have to find the root cause and then program a solution. In my experience in the software industry, this is usually done as quickly as possible, but requires things such as code reviews so that hopefully the fix that is pushed out doesn't break anything else (so this also requires testing/QA). In the case of drivers, they may need to get it certified (i don't know that process, but the main Nvidia drivers have WHQL cert or something like that, for example).

So the best solution for AMD or whomever is usually "if it breaks something you want to play, give us as much data as you possibly can so we can find the cause more quickly and then go back to an old driver that works for now. thanks for your patience and we appreciate your business."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom