• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backlogger

Chariot

That feel when you didn't recognize a single spelling mistake that Annubis is pointing out. I really lack readinh comprehention.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
ELI5 pls.

TL;DR: If Valve made an official API that showed a user's available card drops, Idle Master wouldn't need you to log in to Steam. Also, the portable version of Idle Master never updates itself.

Salsa

oh max show me your powers predict this by rewatching and redoing the same thing

hey max get me 5 bottles

bottle breaks

rewind time

move box to reach bottle and not break it

every character: HELLA BEEATCH FOR REALS TOTES

GAF: omg game of the year better than Witcher 3 and rocket league

👍

oh max show me your powers predict this by rewatching and redoing the same thing

hey max get me 5 bottles

bottle breaks

rewind time

GAF: omg game of the year

Sounds like Shadows of Mordor, the mediocre mixup between AC and Batman.

Hektor

hey max get me 5 bottles

bottle breaks

rewind time

👍

Judging a game by its worst partis like judging a theme park by its toilet graffiti.

Knurek

My SSD might be dying, le sigh.
I left my computer running overnight, when I woke up, Windows was still running (mouse movement/desktop wallpaper still visible), but everything crashed, and both Ctrl-Shift-Esc and Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't produce anything. Had to shutdown power manually, on next boot it POSTed for a 3-4 times longer than usual.

Windows booted fine, and after another reboot everything went back to normal. I'm guessing system SSD shut down to conserve power and didn't wake up properly.
Or something else... Knowing my luck, something more serious.
Le sigh.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't know how it occurred, but I need to recreate the glitch that knocks my car out of the stadium in Rocket League and let me drive around the crowd stands.

-MD-

hey max get me 5 bottles

bottle breaks

rewind time

👍

One episode of that was enough. Couldn't handle 4 more.

zkylon

zkylewd

hey max get me 5 bottles

bottle breaks

rewind time

👍
the cans part is the worst lol, took me so long to find the one in the bonfire

that's like a legit dark souls moment lol

it gets a lot better tho

Salsa

Judging a game by its worst partis like judging a theme park by its toilet graffiti.

ey man. im just playing the game, tho im just 2 eps in

so far theres stuff to like but shit is a chore. and the seeing outcome then rewind back and fix is like.. already done plenty on ep 1. why am I still doing it? I get it as a narrative tool of sorts but so far the game thinks its a fun mechanic or some shit considering how much I run into it, whereas its just.. slow.. and pointless.. and stakesless

also not really judging the game as much as the idea of it being goty over the fucking Witcher 3

but ey, opinions. ill still play this through the end I think. hoping it gets hella better cause.. yeah

Salsa

the only aspect im enjoying thus far is the ambiguity of some of the choices, or at least that I so far give em the credit of doing something wih them

like, yeah I could write my name on this wall, and make us all friends, but writing straight up "I was here" can be pretty incriminating in the future if something happens here.. that sorta thing

thats what these type of games should do but im not encountering nearly enough of it and most stuff seem to be pretty obvious choices or just "oh no! this person got hit in the head! rewind back and warn them!"

how is that fun or even gameplay. cant understand why this hapoened more than once, let alone several times. it is not a choice, game doesnt give you the thingie where it counts as one. it is literally going through motions without any stake on any outcome. basically a QTE but worse cause it takes way more time than just pressing a button

Anastasia

so far theres stuff to like but shit is a chore. and the seeing outcome then rewind back and fix is like.. already done plenty on ep 1. why am I still doing it? I get it as a narrative tool of sorts but so far the game thinks its a fun mechanic or some shit considering how much I run into it, whereas its just.. slow.. and pointless.. and stakesless

also not really judging the game as much as the idea of it being goty over the fucking Witcher 3

but ey, opinions. ill still play this through the end I think. hoping it gets hella better cause.. yeah

It gets much better. I already loved it from the beginning but from episode 3 and on it gets fucking crazy. I would definitely stick with it.

Salsa

relating to an 18 year old who goes "yuck" when offered beer is harder for me than racistlitegaf with san andreas/mafia3

Coldsun

Banned
My SSD might be dying, le sigh.
I left my computer running overnight, when I woke up, Windows was still running (mouse movement/desktop wallpaper still visible), but everything crashed, and both Ctrl-Shift-Esc and Ctrl-Alt-Del didn't produce anything. Had to shutdown power manually, on next boot it POSTed for a 3-4 times longer than usual.

Windows booted fine, and after another reboot everything went back to normal. I'm guessing system SSD shut down to conserve power and didn't wake up properly.
Or something else... Knowing my luck, something more serious.
Le sigh.

Have you checked your SSD's SMART readout?

Miff

Looks really unique.. I'm really intrigued by the mechanized aspects of the environments. It looks like they've done a good job of integrating it into a lush world.

Nearly bought Nekopara during the weekend sale, GAF what was I thinking?

Kicking myself over Talos though.... mumble mumble backlogs...

t8iAoGf.png

zkylon

zkylewd
played a lot more witcha, got out of that first area and into the first "open world" part. i'm kind of surprised it's not like literally open world like skyrim and instead it's segmented into areas but i think it makes a lot more sense since this is like an entire continent rather than just a region or whatever. it's essentially bigger witcha 2 areas and that's about it, which is fine by me, i don't really think it makes much of a difference for my enjoyment

overall i like it a lot, i think the quests are cool, the story's good so far and the question marks aren't too terrible. they're still a hassle but it's not like assassins creed or whatever that feels like absolute work, even if it sort of feels like that, and half of the times it's not even worth the trouble. i tried toggling them off but then it's like i read a note that says "i hid the stash here" and i can't see where cos it's not marked on the map. which is also kind of lame cos they're all question marks so sometimes i just open a chest and it's like QUEST COMPLETE and i don't even know what i did

other than that, i feel like it's got a bit of like a systems overload thing, with like every 5 minutes adding another layer of mini systems that don't feel all that meaningful, at least so far. i feel like maybe if i didn't get a tutorial for each it'd be better, i guess, and it's still weird that some things are tutorialized while others aren't, like how u need a blacksmith to craft swords and an armorsmith for armor, which seems obvious, but at the time i had only met the one blacksmith and i didn't even know armorsmiths existed

i'm also not a big fan of the interface, i can already sense item management being a nightmare, specially since u have to manually tell it to sort things and also cos it's pretty annoying to navigate with a controller, with no quick button to jump item categories and stuff. but things like having the gwent deck thing be on select instead of start and how opening your inventory/map seems to be a bit more animated than it should so it takes a bit longer than i would like to really annoy me. other annoyances like not being able to zoom out as much as i'd like or having to go through three or four skipped dialogues to buy something at a shop or the gps thing being super unreliable are also pretty dumb. also they really fucked up the codex, i really hate that they did that

and also while i'd say this is definitely pretty fun to play, the combat is no dark souls or batman or whatever they were going for. it feels like a more nuanced witcha 2 which is fine but it's also pretty sluggish and clunky at times, and like, while dark souls has all that animation priority nonsense going on, it always feels super responsive and fair. here i feel like i'm always on like a milisecond of input lag or something, and i just have issues selecting who i want to lock-on to and stuff. just changing directions has that little turning animation that doesn't work great and sometimes doing ike tight corners can like get you face to the wall and stuff. and horse riding is kind of bad, i like the whole stick to roads stuff but again it feels unresponsive and slow and i just hate getting stuck on trees all the time lol. it's not great

but yeah, the quests are awesome and the story is pretty good (tho i guess less immediatelly intriguing as witcha2's story), and it's still witcha universe which is pretty much all i wanted out of this game, but it's not without issues and very apparent ones, at least for me.

also ciri's awesome i love her

i dont think anyone says lis is gonna be goty lol

the only aspect im enjoying thus far is the ambiguity of some of the choices, or at least that I so far give em the credit of doing something wih them

like, yeah I could write my name on this wall, and make us all friends, but writing straight up "I was here" can be pretty incriminating in the future if something happens here.. that sorta thing

thats what these type of games should do but im not encountering nearly enough of it and most stuff seem to be pretty obvious choices or just "oh no! this person got hit in the head! rewind back and warn them!"

how is that fun or even gameplay. cant understand why this hapoened more than once, let alone several times. it is not a choice, game doesnt give you the thingie where it counts as one. it is literally going through motions without any stake on any outcome. basically a QTE but worse cause it takes way more time than just pressing a button
well, the game is essentially those big choices alone, and just going through the world and engaging with it as much as you want. the warning the dumb girl with the dumb voice bit is for some reason in every single episode and it's terrible but when it comes to the big choices they're legit hard to make and not because they're like super dramatic or whatever (tho sometimes they are) but because they're usually presented really well with like both sides of the argument having some merit and in general there never being a better choice overall

there's a lot of filler stuff that i don't particularly love, tho it does work for world building and stuff. main characters get fairly rounded out by the end and i think it's in part thanks to seeing how they would react on different scenarios if u rewind again and again

relating to an 18 year old who goes "yuck" when offered beer is harder for me than racistlitegaf with san andreas/mafia3
yeah that's just dumb. and it gets kind of worse later on lol

like i remember having my first beer when i was like 14 and being like yuck but by age 18, cmon. like everyone in my highschool was getting drunk and/or high at age 18, i don't know who max's supposed to represent

in general i think a big problem with the game is that blackwell is like the most impossibly unbelievable school ever. like, why couldn't max just go to a regular school and go to photography school, why did they have to make every single student and teacher weird and unrelatable as fuck? wouldn't that actually make max actually stand out and make her feel weird and alone rather than everyone in the school being fucking creepos

it's like, chloe is kind of stereotype punk rock but at least i can sort of see my teenager self in her a bit i guess

but yeah they really overdid it with hipstersville

it's ubisoft game,,,forget it
Unity ran far better than the console versions at least.

Is Volume worth looking into?

And Max is just into the hard shit. Vodka over piss water. Do think there are always kids who are sticks in the mudd though, if you're doing the partying generally you aren't going to run with their circles :p

Deques

Well, it's last day before FF Type-0 is released, and GMG still hasn't put it in VIP deals. I guess I'll wait for the 50% sale

Arthea

Well, it's last day before FF Type-0 is released, and GMG still hasn't put it in VIP deals. I guess I'll wait for the 50% sale

and lose doto chocobo and moogle? are you insane?!

I kid I kid

It probably will have at least -33% discount during winter sale.

Yup, a couple of Linux sites have been reporting the HW survey numbers and it's been on a steady decline. Hilariously they always come up with excuses. "The surveys never show up for me on Linux" "GTAV came out" "TW3 came out" "People just waiting for the Steam Machines launch" etc What went up is the game count.

Arthea

collecting is kinda bad... then again what isn't?

random thought of the day:
I thought IF said Nep Nep 3 releases in August, but there is no store page yet, isn't that strange? Delayed perhaps?

Hektor

Your second paragraph is like a perfect description of the witcher sense.

But yeah, opinions, not everybody likes everything, nothing wrong with that.

But it definetely does get better, the bottle searching is literally the worst part of the game so far.

Arthea

btw, still no daily deal on my store, there wasn't one yesterday too. I wonder what's up with that. Or is it hidden somehow now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom