• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

There are some things I hope they address in Beyond Earth with Rising Tide that are Civ V problems, like adding a basic Casus Belli system.

If I never declare war on someone but I capture enemy territory to push them away from mine--their proximity to me being their reason for declaring war in the first place--I should not be considered the warmonger. I should not receive negative penalties. My capturing of their territory should be considered a just action for an unjust war. Instead with Civ V's stupid warmonger scoring system, if I capture cities as the defending nation, I get the warmonger penalty. I shouldn't be subjected to this shithead declaring war on me throughout the entirety of the match. In fact that should be the warmonger penalty. Unjust, random wars being declared should make every other neighbouring faction wary of the one constantly declaring war.

They already have basic interafctions which could be used for casus belli, they think I settled land they believed was theirs, I bought tiles even near our border after they asked me not to, I won't move my military units from their border, etc.
I find this hilarious

and it explains so much about humans

not saying that diplomacy in Civ5 isn't a failure or in Civs in general, but that has nothing to do with above reasoning.

You can know about it. You just need to go through that specials list with a fine-tooth comb... or check the news section. ;)

very funny

AHA-Lambda

Aaand... with Volume I have now reached 500 games :)

I'm sorry, did you mean Jim Fucking Sterling, Son?

Well it was called Chungus, it can only be Jim Fucking Sterling Son :p

:O how's Volume for everyone thus far!

Enjoying it so far, done 25 levels out of 100 so far, has taken me about an hour and a half to do that. Levels are short but satisfying, especially if you can get on the leaderboard actually, and I'm not one to usually bother with that sort of thing.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
BTW, I still haven't asked for a single refund, it's safe to assume Jasec too, anybody else?

I have asked for a refund a couple times, mostly when I buy a game and then it a bit later goes for sale cheaper/in a bundle, this has happened with a few horror games I've bought day 1, but outside of that, naah, and the games I refund I always shortly after get again, just a bit cheaper.

Weird, TW3 didn't feel like Skyrim at all.

I'm happy to shit on Skyrim at every opportunity, so I'm sincere when I say it is nothing like that game...and is overall, good.

If anything it is like Dragon Age Inquisition if the makers knew what they were doing designing a game. But of course were forced by a gypsy curse to introduce jankiness at every turn for no apparent reason.

Thanks to JaseC, I bought Dungeon Siege collection.
The third game is actually have a local co-op. A local co-op action RPG, that's just what I'm looking for. :D

Whens mewgenics?

Put on hold but not canceled. I can't think of a single game that was put on hold that came back so its like twilight cancelled. Only mostly cancelled. Its a shame too.

The WiiU version looks better except for a few textures. Thats odd...

Why isn't Zombi up on the PC when both consoles have it. Ubi pls

You know Ubi, they are giving the pc port the extra time, attention and love that it deserves.

brahahahaha... Sorry, couldn't keep a straight face. It will come out later and probably will be half broken like most of Ubis ports. If it makes you feel any better it isn't a good game.

Hmm wonder if Wolfenstein 2009 is playable? I found the disc version a few weeks ago but I haven't installed it yet. I keep stalling because I don't really want to put an optical drive in my pc.

Oh good, another quirky wandering around platformer. Thought we were going to go 2 minutes without another one being announced.

I wonder what the numbers are. Are Linux desktops in decline in real world numbers or are the number of Windows users growing much faster?

That game looks like it's on drugs

You type that like its a bad thing.

BTW, I still haven't asked for a single refund, it's safe to assume Jasec too, anybody else?
I haven't asked for any refunds yet, it's not really something you can get used to outside of steam so I try to buy things I have at least a partial interest in. Plus I don't think it's really fair to yank money away from the developers when I made the informed decision to buy it in the first place.

Not since the new policy went into effect. A while back, I did ask for and got a refund for a game I bought that wouldn't activate because the publisher ran out of keys and never got anymore in.

I'm happy to shit on Skyrim at every opportunity, so I'm sincere when I say it is nothing like that game...and is overall, good.

todd....likes a game?

If anything it is like Dragon Age Inquisition if the makers knew what they were doing designing a game. But of course were forced by a gypsy curse to introduce jankiness at every turn for no apparent reason.

Ah, that's more like it.

Haven't and likely won't unless something is broken all to fuck.

I bought Arkham Knight off Nuuvem...

Seems everyone wants that "PT" money now:

F8208C578668EB46B92CEED3A128EBAD1A80996A

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497670939

Looks still kinda rough compared to Allison Road, but more VR horror is great.

Dr Dogg

Couple of Resident Evil's and Total War's have released at midnight here which is pretty much the time frame Type-0 is releasing. I think maybe even XIII released at a later time than usual.

Speaking of Type-0 this still troubles me somewhat.

MINIMUM:
Graphics: GTX560Ti

RECOMMENDED:
Graphics: GTX750

Because there's a gnat's chuff* between those 2 GPUs. Fingers crossed it scales well and has options to outside of resolution and disabling that seizure inducing motion blur.

*Just realised that next to none of you are going to have a clue what this means.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Couple of Resident Evil's and Total War's have released at midnight here which is pretty much the time frame Type-0 is releasing. I think maybe even XIII released at a later time than usual.

Speaking of Type-0 this still troubles me somewhat.

Because there's a gnat's chuff between those 2 GPUs. Fingers crossed it scales well and has options to outside of resolution and disabling that seizure inducing motion blur.

If you go by earlier SE ports it will probably be a pretty raw port without many bells and whistles.

AHA-Lambda

oooh Volume spoilers :eek:

it appears from text excerpts that the events of TWA is where AI in the world of Volume gain sentience. So Volume is technically a sequel!

Because there's a gnat's chuff* between those 2 GPUs. Fingers crossed it scales well and has options to outside of resolution and disabling that seizure inducing motion blur.

*Just realised that next to none of you are going to have a clue what this means.

Tell me about it. Min/Rec specs with more than an anteater's perineum just drive me nuts.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I still can't believe how good Unity looks. The lighting in these cutscenes is so great, would have never guessed it was all pre-baked.

When people only say unity I always think they are talking about the engine.
It always throws me of when they strt talking about the great lightning.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I still can't believe how good Unity looks. The lighting in these cutscenes is so great, would have never guessed it was all pre-baked.

Yeah, Unity is very much a "next-gen" game. It's a pity the performance issues on consoles (and, to a lesser extent, its hefty PC requirements) have, in the eyes of many, invalidated it as being one of the most visually impressive games thus far. Even Arno's various outfits sport SSS.

The game never did receive the promised tessellation patch, which is still advertised as an upcoming feature in Nvidia's performance guide. My theory is that Ubi didn't want to implement it only to have it harm performance even more and the amount of optimisation required to meet that goal was deemed too large a task for the declared post-release support period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom