• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think SteamOS was one of those "quick" Valve decisions some intern might have had like Steam Music....
It's progressing very slow despite how it and Steamboxes got hyped unrealistically at the time but Valve spent a lot of manpower and money into that. Can't believe it was a quick decision you just put out there on a whim.

Kyougar

I only bought them because I want FFXV on PC asap lol :p

BTW, Square, please release Lightning Returns already so I can have the whole Fabula Nova Crystallis series on PC :D

If we could change their mind with buying final fantasy games on steam, they would already had released Lightning returns.

Nzyme32

SteamOS is gonna be a game changer!
/s

Well it isn't out yet. Valve gonna Valve in terms of actually working on it to make it interesting to people other than current Linux users. It seems pretty much a "just in case we have no where else to go" development.

I still think SteamOS was one of those "quick" Valve decisions some intern might have had like Steam Music....

Probably. Steam Music is a huge annoyance to me right now. I would like to use Steam for music and podcasts while I play, or even while I have Steam open since it is far better than itunes, where my music is currently stuck. Yet they pretty much stopped developing the features around a month before they launched the player and library feature, and only for mp3 files. Since 2013 though they have been talking about our "favourite" Music, TV Shows and Movies being on Steam. Indeed during GDC they pushed that notion again as something yet to come on their Universe page:

Steam is always evolving and so will your living room with upcoming content like your favorite movies, TV shows and music.

Hope they are holding it off for a good reason. The more options the better as far as I am concerned, but they should at least try to keep development rolling than leave them dead

Anteater

Geraltesemir, the unofficial son of Geralt and Vesemir.

371-3-143983754056bjr.jpg

I was actually kidding, but from what we see from the recent years of Valve is that they release something, hype it up sometimes and then we never actually get what was promised.

There are lots of examples. Steam Music is one of the most barebones players.
The Steam trading cards never evolved at all, despite what was promised with different "seasons", binders etc.
The client itself still has old bugs from years ago.
The steamchat doesnt really have an invisible mode. Only "fake invisible", which is offline, but you cant chat with someone if you set that.

can they really get away with releasing a controller, an OS, and a streaming box and not have something as simple as web key redemption available yet?

At least integrate into the mobile apps is security is the major concern

L.O.R.D

before i started the HD version of type 0 , i decide to try the original psp version on emulator

tXmMqhd.jpg

rmGeV0w.jpg

its sad that i can't unlock the framerate in the emulator

Arthea

before i started the HD version of type 0 , i decide to try the original psp version on emulator

http://i.imgur.com/tXmMqhd.jpg[/img

[img]http://i.imgur.com/rmGeV0w.jpg[/img

its sad that i can't unlock the framerate in the emulator[/QUOTE]

about that, I have bad news for you, you can't unlock it in PC version too, without breaking a game, that is.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink

its sad that i can't unlock the framerate in the emulator

Yeah it's sad but that is built into the games physics which means that it will probably stay 30 fps locked even on the PC version on FF type-0 HD.

seems all the decent dark-souls-like stuff from the WiiU version of Zombi have been stripped out for the recent port:

I will confirm it once more.

- Not able to loot dead Friends.
- Not able to leave messages to Friends.
- Unable to see your own shadow (lol).
- Missing visual effects (Texture Filtering, Filters, shadows and detail on various objects and Zombis.

it's like they just wanted it to bomb on as many platforms as possible

Deques

I was actually kidding, but from what we see from the recent years of Valve is that they release something, hype it up sometimes and then we never actually get what was promised.

The Steam trading cards never evolved at all, despite what was promised with different "seasons", binders etc.
The steamchat doesnt really have an invisible mode. Only "fake invisible", which is offline, but you cant chat with someone if you set that.

Valve really need to go through all of Steam's existing features and improve them instead of adding new broken features.
The refund is probably the best feature that's not broken or something, although it broke other features instead. ie the delay of card drops

Well it isn't out yet. Valve gonna Valve in terms of actually working on it to make it interesting to people other than current Linux users. It seems pretty much a "just in case we have no where else to go" development.

Probably. Steam Music is a huge annoyance to me right now. I would like to use Steam for music and podcasts while I play, or even while I have Steam open since it is far better than itunes, where my music is currently stuck. Yet they pretty much stopped developing the features around a month before they launched the player and library feature, and only for mp3 files. Since 2013 though they have been talking about our "favourite" Music, TV Shows and Movies being on Steam. Indeed during GDC they pushed that notion again as something yet to come on their Universe page:

Hope they are holding it off for a good reason. The more options the better as far as I am concerned, but they should at least try to keep development rolling than leave them dead

Valve are like teenagers. They jump into something with big energy, then after a while (can be a short amount of time or longer) they move onto something else and then the same happens with that, and the thing afterwards and so on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What's the chance of any of those getting approved?

Sadly, the chances of any of these happening is effectively 0. Most of these features have been begged for by users for years.

Hell, even when I first started Enhanced Steam in 2012 I got a lot of these as feature requests.

Arthea

Sadly, the chances of any of these happening is effectively 0. Most of these features have been begged for by users for years.

Hell, even when I first started Enhanced Steam in 2012 I got a lot of these as feature requests.

hey jshackles, can you kindly remind me how to run one game in idlemaster that has no cards? I remember you told it once, but I managed to forget.

Deques

It sucks that the biggest gaming platform doesn't care feature requests and only add stuff that nobody asked for.

Dsyndrome

ALMOST got through LiS Ep 4 before I had to go to bed; just about to go to the Vortex Party. I'm guessing more shit goes down than earlier in the episode, maybe a whale comes out of the sky Phantom Pain style.

Best Buy wished me a happy birthday.

So I guess I'm alive?

Happy birthday!

Anastasia

ALMOST got through LiS Ep 4 before I had to go to bed; just about to go to the Vortex Party. I'm guessing more shit goes down than earlier in the episode, maybe a whale comes out of the sky Phantom Pain style.

Max is Big Boss

Best Buy wished me a happy birthday.

So I guess I'm alive?

I know I already wished you an early happy birthday, but now I'm going to do it again. Cuz that's how I roll.

Happy Birthday!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
So I looked through the european commision funded games and io and behold theres a unannounced paradox game there with working name project Dallas.

Seems like paradox is making a lot of games right now.

This is not an opinion, this is a fact.

I'm inclined to agree.

i know that can't be unlocked
what a bummer ( its not like my laptop could handle it anyway )

Oh no, 30fps, call the framerate police! Square-Enix needs to pay for this travesty against the #PCMR.

seems all the decent dark-souls-like stuff from the WiiU version of Zombi have been stripped out for the recent port:

it's like they just wanted it to bomb on as many platforms as possible

All the online stuff doesn't really seem like a loss to me.

Yeah it's sad but that is built into the games physics which means that it will probably stay 30 fps locked even on the PC version on FF type-0 HD.

Totally unplayable now. People should boycott this peasantry.

inm8num2

RE earlier posts about desired client upgrades, the two things I'd love to see are an overhaul of the library (move to tags and filtering rather than categories) and the ability to verify the contents of a product key before adding it (e.g. checking to make sure a key is unused and contains X before giving it away).

I'm not surprised you received such requests :p

Seriously though, it really is amazing how stagnant Valve has been towards its Steam client and certain features. I've only been on Steam very recently, so learning about their inner workings amazes me how shambolic their priorities are.

Jawmuncher

What the hell is that??

You said fingered so the first thing I thought of was Freddy got Fingered. That's the best scene from the movie.

----

I am just now going through the thread and seeing it's a game on steam with a weird price.
$1.87 without discount is pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom