• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Idlemaster shouldn't really be eating anything up though.

I think it's preventing me from starting the download because it thinks I'm running whatever game it's on, not so much eating bandwidth.

Edit: It may have downloaded and the status just didn't update on my phone? Game now says ready to play. FALSE ALARM.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know Grow Home doesn't have Uplay, but isn't one of the Rocksmiths DRM free as well?

The original Rocksmith is 100% Uplay-free whereas 2014 has consoleesque Uplay integration: it's there, but there's no key activation or middle-man client. The Rocksmith games don't use Uplay for content verification, as, well:

rsmithdlczuos3.jpg

100+ DLC key activations? No thanks. ;)

Nzyme32

4gb ram / 1gb graphics card / dual core i5 / native 1366x768

I can only just run some of the more recent games at a steady framerate while my hands melt. At least I'll be fine in winter.

MUnited83

For you.
The original Rocksmith is 100% Uplay-free whereas 2014 has consoleesque Uplay integration: it's there, but there's no key activation or middle-man client. The Rocksmith games don't use Uplay for content verification, as, well:

rsmithdlczuos3.jpg

Still waiting for a decent sale to binge on the damn dlcs :(

JaseC

8 GB of RAM still perfectly fine for gaming setups, even when flooding ~40% of the memory with Chrome tabs.

I'd say it's still best to plan for fringe cases. AssCreed Unity compelled me to upgrade to 12GB from 8GB (16GB, which would have made for nice 4/4/4/4 symmetry, felt pointless since I intend up move up to Broadwell-E come Pascal) as I'd run out of free RAM while playing, even after having killed every non-essential process. With 12GB, though, I had no issues and could even keep Waterfox running in the background.

Turfster

i stopped playing shortly after Turf made the ultimate sacrifice

snakesalute.jpg

i'm also not a big fan of the interface, i can already sense item management being a nightmare, specially since u have to manually tell it to sort things and also cos it's pretty annoying to navigate with a controller, with no quick button to jump item categories and stuff.

The interface is dogshit, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of fucking consoles and controller wankers =p
It used to be even worse before 1.08

A Ubisoft deved game with Steam achievements? What a time to be alive!

Someone didn't play Grow Home.
FOR SHAME.

Type-0 HD released early apparently.

https://twitter.com/FinalFantasy/status/633672293835796481?s=09

lashman really raised the bar for posting tweets, I can't compete.

How can you honestly expect to compete with a bot?

I think it's preventing me from starting the download because it thinks I'm running whatever game it's on, not so much eating bandwidth.

Edit: It may have downloaded and the status just didn't update on my phone? Game now says ready to play. FALSE ALARM.

Welcome to the list of people that are slowly turning JShackles to the dark side.

Lunaniem

rsmithdlczuos3.jpg

You should learn to play a guitar since you have all of that DLC.

JaseC

Still waiting for a decent sale to binge on the damn dlcs :(

I hadn't planned on picking up the DLC, but after it was discounted to an oh-so-slightly greater degree when the series was made a featured deal during the Summer Sale, I figured, given its age, 40% off could very well be the last sale -- or at least the most generous sale -- before licences begin to go "Pop!". If I were you, and I'm not just saying this because "lolz game count amirite guys", I'd do the same come the Autumn/Winter Sale.

And speaking of Rocksmith, here's a rare sight: a gaming-side thread with zero replies.

Killing Floor 2 is fun. Only played Paris till now. Man, weapons without flashlight are really tougher to use.

Still learning tons every match. It's cool though.
Sure, I have some time to slay.
Aw sorry bud. me, ningen and ricochet squeezed in a game :/
Next time you'll be in!
8 GB of RAM still perfectly fine for gaming setups, even when flooding ~40% of the memory with Chrome tabs.
Have 8GB but somehow think it will become first thing to upgrade for me.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Killing Floor 2 is fun. Only played Paris till now. Man, weapons without flashlight are really tougher to use.

Still learning tons every match. It's cool though.

Aw sorry bud. me, ningen and ricochet squeezed in a game :/
Next time you'll be in!

Have 8GB but somehow think it will become first thing to upgrade for me.

No problem, FF surprise early launch was enough for me at the moment.

Dr Dogg

Rocksmith 2014 has Steam achievements... and retail keys are Steam-friendly. One can only assume that Yves Guillemot had called in sick the day that decision was made.

- "Two weeks to go until launch and the PC version is done... now, is it a Uplay game or is it 'low-key' enough for Steamworks?"
- "Wait, what? Did nobody think to clear that when we entered development? Somebody get Yves on the horn!"
- "He's not picking up! What do we do?"
- "Well, nobody genuinely likes Uplay, and in the absence of orders... well...."

Grow Home and Rocksmith 2014 tho :p

Someone didn't play Grow Home.
FOR SHAME.

Alright, alright the third Uplay, internally deved title with Steam Achievements. Hopefully the lunatics are running the asylum regards to who has the Steam Partners login credentials (which judging by some of the silly things gone on over the years with Ubi I'm not surprised).

So yeah, FF type-0 closes instantly on startup.
wonder what the problem is...

Meanwhile in the land of third world internet...

Also according to a Community thread, outside of resolution there are no other graphical options so my prophecy came to pass.

Edit: Or not...

for those who bought FFT0 (i have it but am working):

please tell me it doesn't require you press ESC to quit the game. that shit was fucked up in FFXIII when using a controller

for those who bought FFT0 (i have it but am working):

please tell me it doesn't require you press ESC to quit the game. that shit was fucked up in FFXIII when using a controller

It seems no one can get into it right now. The game crashes on startup (probably because it still has files to load later?).

MUnited83

For you.
I hadn't planned on picking up the DLC, but after it was discounted to an oh-so-slightly greater degree when the series was made a featured deal during the Summer Sale, I figured, given its age, 40% off could very well be the last sale -- or at least the most generous sale -- before licences begin to go "Pop!". If I were you, and I'm not just saying this because "lolz game count amirite guys", I'd do the same come the Autumn/Winter Sale.

And speaking of Rocksmith, here's a rare sight: a gaming-side thread with zero replies.

Yeah, I'm trying to wait for the magical 50% but I might binge on them dlcs come winter sale because surely there are some licenses close to go kaput

60% off and a separate game? Don't mind if I do.
66% :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom