• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Valve has more than 3 floors but there isn't one named the 3rd floor. Valve avoidance of the number 3 stopped being funny ages ago.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not surprised you received such requests :p

Seriously though, it really is amazing how stagnant Valve has been towards its Steam client and certain features. I've only been on Steam very recently, so learning about their inner workings amazes me how shambolic their priorities are.

I mentioned this on the Reddit thread about those images, but I've even sent Valve offers that I would be happy to volunteer my time to making changes to the client and website that were beneficial to the users. I mean hell - I do it anyway and only reach a small (2% or so) of their user base, so my time would obviously be better spent if I could "Enhance" Steam itself. I've yet to receive a response on that.

SteamGAF should give it a go.

Nobody reads Community.

I've often thought about trying to be like this guy, but instead of just hanging out and stealing lunch - actually getting some work done lol

before i started the HD version of type 0 , i decide to try the original psp version on emulator

tXmMqhd.jpg

rmGeV0w.jpg

its sad that i can't unlock the framerate in the emulator

Actually, there's a mod for that.
Apparently it still have few issues, I haven't tried it myself though.

Chariot

Valve has more than 3 floors but there isn't one named the 3rd floor. Valve avoidance of the number 3 stopped being funny ages ago.
Maybe it's the other way around. They tried develope something beyound games on the third floor, but it went bad. So bad they not only had to seal the third floor, but got a big 3 related trauma. Working on the second and the fourth floor is the worst when you they scratch and whisper your name, giggling and sing of your family.

Anteater

wow i have like 370 files in my witcher 3 screenshots folder, and I just went through probably a hundred of them earlier (to delete the bad looking ones), I must've been pressing the screenshot button like a mad man last night

I can't believe in a few weeks we're going to be playing the latest main line MGS game the same day as consoles. What a time to be alive.

Right, let's give this Fingered thing a go.

That's what....she said?

wow i have like 370 files in my witcher 3 screenshots folder, and I just went through probably a hundred of them earlier (to delete the bad looking ones), I must've been pressing the screenshot button like a mad man last night

I didn't think there were any sex scenes near the end of the game?

Probably. Steam Music is a huge annoyance to me right now. I would like to use Steam for music and podcasts while I play, or even while I have Steam open since it is far better than itunes, where my music is currently stuck. Yet they pretty much stopped developing the features around a month before they launched the player and library feature, and only for mp3 files. Since 2013 though they have been talking about our "favourite" Music, TV Shows and Movies being on Steam. Indeed during GDC they pushed that notion again as something yet to come on their Universe page:

Hope they are holding it off for a good reason. The more options the better as far as I am concerned, but they should at least try to keep development rolling than leave them dead

PAX Prime would be a good event to talk about those, or overall just start a final push for this whole thing before the Oct/Nov launch, but looking at the booths, it seems to be only VR stuff. Valve is certianly putting in more effort for SteamVR than their other HW. I wonder how long that will last :p

I also wonder if we're ever getting another SDD. Another one next January would make a lot of sense, given they could talk about Vulkan, Source 2 and their HW post launch.

Grief.exe

Bought, looking forward to the regret of a probably horrible port. Game was great though, want to support it.

One person in the main Zombi thread has reported that the port is solid.

200+ FPS at 1080p on 2600k and 970, no graphical options other than resolution, FOV, and vsync.

A Ubisoft deved game with Steam achievements? What a time to be alive!

Apparently Zombi has steam achievements, a new dawn approaches!

When I saw the achievements, my first thought was they dropped Uplay as well. Unfortunately, that doesn't hold true for the store page.

Jawmuncher

Commas are important.

------------

Was on mobile when I sent that. Wasn't even looking as I typed.

Full Post:

There is no Coop in Zombi, there never was even in the original game.
There was however a VS mode. Ubisoft however early on said that would not be coming over. Since it heavily relied on the second screen. It was pretty fun though so long as both players were the same skill level.

Vuze

Sometimes Steam hangs for a few seconds while opening the Key activation window. Is it just me or is there a way around this (some config tweak)? Pretty annoying when activating a bunch of bundle keys :v

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
A Ubisoft deved game with Steam achievements? What a time to be alive!

Rocksmith 2014 has Steam achievements... and retail keys are Steam-friendly. One can only assume that Yves Guillemot had called in sick the day that decision was made.

- "Two weeks to go until launch and the PC version is done... now, is it a Uplay game or is it 'low-key' enough for Steamworks?"
- "Wait, what? Did nobody think to clear that when we entered development? Somebody get Yves on the horn!"
- "He's not picking up! What do we do?"
- "Well, nobody genuinely likes Uplay, and in the absence of orders... well...."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom