• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

Where's the best place to buy Mad Max? GMG has it at $36, but every time I've tried a payment, I get an "oh nooooo, can't do your payment," even when it's paypal.

L.O.R.D

Meanwhile in the land of third world internet...

fPd2wEO.jpg

and i am taking the full speed of my internet , i have to limit the download for the others

Dr Dogg

So according to pahamrick, Type-0 is res locked to 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Also looking at the store page it might be a DX11 title as well which will be a right kick in the teeth for a easy solution. Not that I think it's going to look much better at a higher rendering res mind but when one of your selling points is "Upgraded graphics resolution options for high end pc’s" that's kind of taking the piss.

Where's the best place to buy Mad Max? GMG has it at $36, but every time I've tried a payment, I get an "oh nooooo, can't do your payment," even when it's paypal.

FunStock Digital (yes they're legit) and use code AUG-COUPRED-PRE30 to get to just a bit less than $28

http://funstockdigital.co.uk/mad-max-steam-key-pc-download

Mad Max keys are probably going to be $15 before the year is over. It's going to get shafted by a lack of good marketing, the bad perception WB games currently have on PC, and launching against MGSV.

Which is great for me since I would love to pick that up for cheap

MUnited83

For you.
Mad Max keys are probably going to be $15 before the year is over. It's going to get shafted by a lack of good marketing, the bad perception WB games currently have on PC, and launching against MGSV.

Which is great for me since I would love to pick that up for cheap

Also, it's a WB game, which regardless of port quality hit the rock bottom of prices in about 5 minutes after launch :p

Uzzy

Planetary Annihilation was very disappointing. Game felt rather flat and bland, especially in the single player, and there were a number of annoying bugs that took a while to fix.

PC Gamer seems rather enthusiastic about Titans though, so I'm a little hopeful that Uber have improved the game and perhaps got it to the point where it can be mentioned in the same company as Supreme Commander and Total Annihilation, even if it's not as good as those classics.

JustLynx

How so? Its free for backers of the first game and 60% off if you previously bought the game on steam. This review seems to think its ok

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/18/planetary-annihilation-titans-review/

its the same game (which was really bad) with a few more units in it, and instead of fixing and patching the original game and maybe doing a DLC
they just released a new 'stand-alone' game...
read here and see what people are saying http://steamcommunity.com/app/386070/discussions/0/530649887220059679/

seems FFT0 only has options for 720 and 1080p. If that's true then what the living fuck SE

also someone confirmed that you need to hit ESC to quit the game. Does SE not know how full controller support works?

Arthea

why you guys talk about all kinds of irrelevant stuff?
absolutely can't afford Titans, even with 66% discount, it was very wrong month to release it, very very extremely wrong
when HB is about to hit, not taking bets how disappointing it will be and all that stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Chariot

YGZzYsD.gif

Before I forget it again: don't buy Front Wars. It's bad. This should be enough to show case a lot of it's faults - both as a game for itself and a AW clone.

its the same game (which was really bad) with a few more units in it, and instead of fixing and patching the original game and maybe doing a DLC
they just released a new 'stand-alone' game...
read here and see what people are saying http://steamcommunity.com/app/386070/discussions/0/530649887220059679/

Hmmm I don't agree with them and don't feel the original is a bad game. Whatever.

Also you can read from the developers its replacing the original in the store. So basically it is an upgrade and fix to the original.

Jawmuncher

When I played Metal Gear Rising I was oddly capped & locked at 50FPS. It felt like 60FPS so I didn't bother to figure out the reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom