• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha. FF32bit with 20 tabs at 600MB. I'm surprised.
Told you it's good.
seems FFT0 only has options for 720 and 1080p. If that's true then what the living fuck SE

also someone confirmed that you need to hit ESC to quit the game. Does SE not know how full controller support works?
Japanese devs yada yada, seriously why couldn't they have their western counterparts do the porting?

Volimar

Just got my Alienware 13 that I won from the Vault. The Fed Ex guy didn't even knock, just set it on the porch next to my door. WTF man?

....and it won't start up correctly. Great.

No support for resolutions above 1080P in Type 0 despite literally being one of the bullet points.
Tsk
Tsk
TSK

Crimsonland is incredible, although I already have it on the Vita.

Game is pretty good. Gets super grindy if you want to finish the story.

Nah, it's only really grindy if you want to get all the achievements.

Humble PC & android 13 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Crimsonland
  • Neverending Nightmares
  • Beatbuddy
  • Fotonica
TIER 2: BTA
  • TinyKeep
  • Crowntakers
  • Monster Loves You

Yuk. Some great stuff in there (Crimsonland for $1?) but you have to say you purchased Neverending Nightmares to get it. Not sure if it's worth that price.

Hektor

Neverending nightmehs.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Hektor:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beat Buddy -- MB-41A55EAC47A6789C - Taken by Belgarion. 2 entrants total.

t1439922169z1.png

MUnited83

For you.
Hint:keep two tabs open in the Humble Bundle page
keep refreshing the tab that has the higher price and keep the one with the lower price open

inm8num2

well the best games are in the $1 tier.

I don't really know anything about the BTA games, but for < $3 along with a nice bonus or two I might take the plunge.

Hint:keep two tabs open in the Humble Bundle page
keep refreshing the tab that has the higher price and keep the one with the lower price open

Hah, yea I do the same thing. That way I can lock in a low average then decide later if I want those games (plus, you have 30 days after the bundle ends to increase your payment).

derExperte

While Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe for 1$ shits on Tier 1 from great height that's still pretty great, liked Beatbuddy a whole lot last month. Tier 2 has Monster Loves You!, cool too but they should've changed some of the games around.

MadGear

So I just played Psychonauts for my first time ever after avoiding it for so many years because of my dislike for collectathons. Surprisingly enough the game proved decent enough for me to continue playing it, mainly because of the neat ideas with the story, characters and leveldesign and due to the fact that I don't really need to bother with any of the collectibles in order to progress (with some exceptions). However now that I have reached the part where I'm chasing Raz's Dad in the meat circus the game suddenly shows a really terrible side because all of a sudden controls and camera movement have gone to shit. I simply cant make the last jump in that burning spiral thing because the camera makes a sudden move that always leads to me dropping into the water. Its the first time this game is actually giving me any trouble and its almost causing enough frustration for me to ragequit this game for good ... too bad.

kept crimsonland and Neverending Nightmares. have at the rest

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-756288DFA41C0F4C - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.
FOTONICA -- MB-4B67CF5C2A781717 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 7 entrants total.

t1439922529z1.png

Grief.exe

So according to pahamrick, Type-0 is res locked to 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Also looking at the store page it might be a DX11 title as well which will be a right kick in the teeth for a easy solution. Not that I think it's going to look much better at a higher rendering res mind but when one of your selling points is "Upgraded graphics resolution options for high end pc’s" that's kind of taking the piss.

seems FFT0 only has options for 720 and 1080p. If that's true then what the living fuck SE

also someone confirmed that you need to hit ESC to quit the game. Does SE not know how full controller support works?

Rev up those refunds.

Have 8GB but somehow think it will become first thing to upgrade for me.

But that link shows you will not see a performance increase in gaming, even when using 40-60% of memory. Money could be better spent elsewhere.

mfp7ts8.gif

Type 0 is weird in that character models of the main crew are top notch and there's some great lighting, effects, and ground textures in places but then you come across a model in a cutscene completely unchanged from the psp release and the contrast is very jarring.

Still think it's crazy it's locked to 1080P. It's flat out lying given resolution options was a bullet point. Has to be a weird mistake.

AHA-Lambda

Ugh, Fingered is frustratingly addicting, but it's got quickly gotten annoying now.

Obviously the whole point of it is that the clues you are given are deliberately vague but even with that said after doing your best to eliminate suspects with the info on hand, it can still come down to total guesswork between about 3 other suspects >_<
I've seen the suspect be someone who just (as far as I could tell) did not fit the description, multiple times!

It wouldn't be so bad but you only have room for one wrong guess after that it's a game over.

derExperte

Too bad the Devastated Dreams Kickstarter bombed hard because the demo was promising, basically Neverending Nightmare with more 'real' gameplay elements. Couldn't bring myself to back it myself though (well, I don't back any games anymore).

Kyougar

that's...I have no idea on that

Ok, Solution for that issue on type-0:

- click tab until you are in the black field at the top and then use the left or right keys to switch between the options. You still dont see them (the buttons in the black field), but you have the normal options.

Eila

Going to refund Type-0, since the port seems to be a mess. Kinda wanted the DOTA 2 skins to make some money back, but if the game plays like shit there's no point.
I'll just use that money to buy Grandia 2. Launches in a week, I should have my money back by then.

Game!
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Mavromatis, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-E6AB829C27947582 - Taken by A Fish Aficionado. 1 entrants total.

t1439923849z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom