• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to refund Type-0, since the port seems to be a mess. Kinda wanted the DOTA 2 skins to make some money back, but if the game plays like shit there's no point.
I'll just use that money to buy Grandia 2. Launches in a week, I should have my money back by then.
It's fine unless you want to play above 1080P. Which hopefully will be fixed soon given it was a PROMISED FEATURE

Grief.exe

Going to refund Type-0, since the port seems to be a mess. Kinda wanted the DOTA 2 skins to make some money back, but if the game plays like shit there's no point.
I'll just use that money to buy Grandia 2. Launches in a week, I should have my money back by then.

Send them a message.

IzyW492.gif

Sch1sm

I have no regrets this once.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sch1sm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-BB33EA62AB93252D - Taken by Teppic. 1 entrants total.

t1439924089z1.png

i'm holding onto FFT0 because i'm okay with 1080p in the interim and the pressing ESC thing to leave the game -while stupid as fuck and not really full controller support- isn't a dealbreaker

but really it's because the more people put in refund requests the less will have DOTATO 2 items so that means i'll make even more money once i sell them

SSPssp

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beatbuddy -- MB-32EE090B50A0C360 - Taken by gurm3n
Crimsonland -- MB-B179CFFFEDF57C58 - Taken by Purkake4

I find this hilarious

and it explains so much about humans

not saying that diplomacy in Civ5 isn't a failure or in Civs in general, but that has nothing to do with above reasoning.

In Civ I would happily create a 3-5 city empire and try to focus on science, culture or diplomacy but every other game there's always some warmonger AI as my immediate neighbour. If I have to fend them off for multiple wars, I drop freedom bombs and bring peace through forced unity because I don't want to be subjected to wars throughout an entire game. I don't start shit, I just end it.

pahamrick

From the Type-0 thread.

This port is pretty shit so far. Ugh. It was a gift from a friend who bought it from GMG, so I can't even get him to refund it.

At first it was a locked 30fps, but soon as you get to the first fight in the beginning the FPS just randomly flicks from 15fps to 30fps. Everytime that happens everything freezes for about half a second, and this happens about every 4-5 seconds.

So far not even turning anti-aliasing off fixes that fps stutter.

Sch1sm

In Civ I would happily create a 3-5 city empire and try to focus on science, culture or diplomacy but every other game there's always some warmonger AI as my immediate neighbour. If I have to fend them off for multiple wars, I drop freedom bombs and bring peace through forced unity because I don't want to be subjected to wars throughout an entire game. I don't start shit, I just end it.

This was actually one of my major issues with my Civ V playthroughs. No matter which way I play it, I'll eventually be hated by (near) all the Civs by the end of the imperial era/start of the modern era, even if my military expansion was weak because my focuses were winning in ways other than domination.

I still haven't won in any way other than time running out or domination.

chronomac

Fotonica's a lot of fun.
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-45C4369BF68CBC19 - Taken by Nzyme32. 2 entrants total.
Fotonica -- MB-EB1B819E0B0722FA - Taken by Kuroyume. 11 entrants total.

t1439924569z1.png

Well, Crimsonland seemed really sluggish after years of playing the old version. I assume they needed to slow the movement down for some reason but it felt like very spongy. But it is still a good game for that price.

Dr Dogg

And yet Zombi has arbitrary resolution support and can roar up to 200fps. Who's you god now?! When I get Type-0 downloaded I might give it a wizz for a bit and see how it fares but I get the feeling I might be refunding this and buying a Ubisoft game afterwards!

Yes, yes those who nag me I will finish The Witcher III. You know who you are!

Reading through the Type-0 forums in amusement. Lots of salty kids complaining they didn't get their DOTA items and/or that they missed the preorder.

pahamrick

Tried setting everything to the 'normal' spec and I still get the freezing stutter, just not as severe. It drops to 22fps then jumps right back to 30 which causes it to freeze/stutter, but it still happens every 10 or so seconds on normal spec.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Just wait. Isn't the refund policy "either less than two weeks or less than two hours played?"

If you're under the two hours played, get the DotA2 items, sell them and then refund. I don't think you'll get in trouble for going that route.

Either way, glad I didn't fall on the Type-0 sword and (rightly) am waiting for it to hit Steam winter sales.

pahamrick

Okay.

Turning off Screen Space Shadows fixed the stutter and FPS drops in Type-0 for me. So, a heads up for anyone else having that problem.

Salsa

Crimsonland as cool as 10 years ago

also still wish the movement was faster

also zky goty:

T5dfG5n.jpg

I just put impressions on the last page

yeah it being hard is what i've gotten so far

im just waitin a bit since I can sell cards for it rather than pay real money probably

MUnited83

For you.
Just wait. Isn't the refund policy "either less than two weeks or less than two hours played?"

If you're under the two hours played, get the DotA2 items, sell them and then refund. I don't think you'll get in trouble for going that route.

Either way, glad I didn't fall on the Type-0 sword and (rightly) am waiting for it to hit Steam winter sales.
It doesn't work that way. The Dota2 items will not be marketable until way, way ,way after the refund period ends, and items get revoked when you refund anyways.

AHA-Lambda

yeah it being hard is what i've gotten so far

im just waitin a bit since I can sell cards for it rather than pay real money probably

It's definitely hard, but also addictive in a bite size logic puzzle sort of way.

However, I'm near the 2 hour mark now and contemplating the refund anyway (as much as I like Edmund's stuff and it's cheap) cos one thing I do not like is I do not think the game plays fair.

So I just played Psychonauts for my first time ever after avoiding it for so many years because of my dislike for collectathons. Surprisingly enough the game proved decent enough for me to continue playing it, mainly because of the neat ideas with the story, characters and leveldesign and due to the fact that I don't really need to bother with any of the collectibles in order to progress (with some exceptions). However now that I have reached the part where I'm chasing Raz's Dad in the meat circus the game suddenly shows a really terrible side because all of a sudden controls and camera movement have gone to shit. I simply cant make the last jump in that burning spiral thing because the camera makes a sudden move that always leads to me dropping into the water. Its the first time this game is actually giving me any trouble and its almost causing enough frustration for me to ragequit this game for good ... too bad.

Ah the Meat Circus. Shame the game is really good but the last part of that game is some of the biggest bullshit I have ever dealt with. I would say keep working with it but, I don't know.

Dsyndrome

I love how everyone says today is all about you but it's really about other people making inescapable plans for you.

You being betrothed?

What I'm getting from Type 0 is it's a bad PC port, but not necessarily bad port. Bad port is AK, bad PC port is Dark Souls vanilla. Will fiddle around with it when I get home.

Salsa

i'd be buyin Zombi on nuuvem if I hadnt just gotten Punished Snake™

seems to be not as bad as most claimed the port to be and the brazilian price seems alright for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom