• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crimsonland as cool as 10 years ago

also still wish the movement was faster

also zky goty:

T5dfG5n.jpg

I also wished the movement was faster -- but the core gameplay is still good...

Also, before someone else jumps on you for it: spoiler that image. :p

Momentary

Banned
No, not really -- there's some serious PCMR elitism up in here today.
Get your pitchforks and torches, folks, cause we got another game that runs at 1080p30 and we're not going to take it.

I'm tired of being mad about this shit. I'm just going to shut the fuck up and play the game. I know people are going to say I'm the problem, but I got other things in life to lose sleep over than some specs on games now. If the resolution is locked at 1080 and the FPS locked at 30, I think I'll survive. I'd rather just be positive and praise developers who actually put in an effort to make quality ports.

I will say that Idea Factory are the kings right now at porting JRPGs over to the PC platfrom. They do good work and get better with every release.

Of course I had to fucking buy Zombi when it went up and not wait for Nuuvem. Sigh.

Oh well, at least I supported the game.

And Square Enix promised resolution options for Type 0. It is LITERALLY A BULLET POINT ON THE STEAM PAGE. People who have TVs and monitors that aren't ten years old should be able to play at their desired resolutions.

Chariot

Front Wars was refunded from my account, the review stayed untouched with the time I played. So, reviews are safe, even after refunding.

Nzyme32

Hmm, kind of wish the soundtrack for MGSV was available on Steam. I seem to have got into the habit of grabbing the ones that I like there. Although I haven't heard this one (obviously), I always like the vocal tracks and compositions in there over everything else in the soundtracks.

Front Wars was refunded from my account, the review stayed untouched with the time I played. So, reviews are safe, even after refunding.

Oh that's cool.

Hmm, kind of wish the soundtrack for MGSV was available on Steam. I seem to have got into the habit of grabbing the ones that I like there. Although I haven't heard this one (obviously), I always like the vocal tracks and compositions in there over everything else in the soundtracks.

Might cost more than half of what the game costs :v

Of course I had to fucking buy Zombi when it went up and not wait for Nuuvem. SIGH

Oh well, at least I supported the game.

Why would you want uPlay only?
Unless for some reason Nuuvem is selling a steam key?
And in that case, just do a refund and order it from nuuvem.

Edit for your edit:
Unless the Type-0 store page said "arbitrary resolution support", then they delivered on the bullet point... you have two options: 720p or 1080p.

I'm tired of being mad about this shit. I'm just going to shut the fuck up and play the game. I know people are going to say I'm the problem, but I got other things in life to lose sleep over than some specs on games now. If the resolution is locked at 1080 and the FPS locked at 30, I think I'll survive. I'd rather just be positive and praise developers who actually put in an effort to make quality ports.

I will say that Idea Factory are the kings right now at porting JRPGs over to the PC platfrom. They do good work and get better with every release.

1411179141806.gif

I agree. The part that always pisses me off is that the "community" begs for these games to come to PC because they don't want to buy a PS3/PS4/x360/x1/etc. Then the port gets here and people get mad because it's not got any of the trimmings they think they're entitled to because their PC is more powerful than the platform it was ported from. In this case, don't fucking buy it... and then when it doesn't sell well, the execs will turn and say "huh, I guess the demand wasn't there." And before you paint it as "well if they made a better port, it would be", it's irrelevant in this conversation. Which then leaves everyone who wants game X that's arbitrarily on platform Y to come to PC in a situation where they can go buy the console it's on AND settle for 1080p30 or worse.

At the end of the day, if you're stupid enough to not play a game because it doesn't support 1440p or 60fps, it's your loss and nobody else's.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
You being betrothed?

What I'm getting from Type 0 is it's a bad PC port, but not necessarily bad port. Bad port is AK, bad PC port is Dark Souls vanilla. Will fiddle around with it when I get home.

If your country use doesn't use "." for decimals the game crashes on startup so you'll have to change it to "." before, just so you know.

Ruruja

Type-0 runs fine for me, though I'm a 1080p gamer so I'm not gonna smash shit up because it doesn't have 4k support.

Seems to make my GPU work more than most games though, so probably not the most optimised.

Mivey

I think at this point Square has to botch the ports for Lightning Returns and (eventually) XV. Having anyone of them with proper resolution options and 60 FPS would just feel weird.

pahamrick

suttering issues were figured out though. turn off Screen Space Shadows. at least it worked for one person

I installed the latest nvidia drivers, now I only get stutters if I have the in-game Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Don't ask why updating the drivers changed anything, but as long as I can play stutter free I'll tolerate the rest.

iosefe

I installed the latest nvidia drivers, now I only get stutters if I have the in-game Anti-Aliasing enabled.

Don't ask why updating the drivers changed anything, but as long as I can play stutter free I'll tolerate the rest.

i wonder what it would be like for an AMD user

Parsnip

Basically, Type-0 has two resolution options, your desktop mouse cursor is always on the screen, and the thing about decimal is ridiculous.
I didn't get any stuttering, but I also turned AA off immediately since it looks like shit anyway. Injecting SMAA with reshade or something is a better option.

def sim

Ah, dang, it's too bad to hear Type-0 is the about the same quality port as the XIII games. I was hoping to see some progress there.

Ah the Meat Circus. Shame the game is really good but the last part of that game is some of the biggest bullshit I have ever dealt with. I would say keep working with it but, I don't know.
and they patched the PC version to make it easier.

the last level of JSRF and Psychonauts are almost the same level of frustrations in my head. just tarnishing a great experience

Basically, Type-0 has two resolution options, your desktop mouse cursor is always on the screen, and the thing about decimal is ridiculous.
I didn't get any stuttering, but I also turned AA off immediately since it looks like shit anyway. Injecting SMAA with reshade or something is a better option.

The mouse cursor issue is prevalent in DMC4SE as well, though i'm not worried about resolution. 1080P is fine for me.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Top Ten Crowdfunded Games on Steam by Unit Sales (sales data: SteamSpy)

chivalry 3.02 million
ftl 2.2 million
orion prelude: 1.62 million
7 days to die: 1.17 mil
guns of icarus online 1.15 mil (KSed twice)
risk of rain 1.13 mil
divinity os 858k
shadowrun returns 810k
planetary annihilation: 789k
thomas was alone 782k (finished funds from IndieGoGo)

As always, KS data in my spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lFW2sjShHriYRsyuVZx4Se8Qxjw38VJk4g-7cls8cpg/

Top Ten Crowdfunded Games on Steam by Unit Sales (sales data: SteamSpy)

chivalry 3.02 million
ftl 2.2 million
orion prelude: 1.62 million
7 days to die: 1.17 mil
guns of icarus online 1.15 mil (KSed twice)
risk of rain 1.13 mil
divinity os 858k
shadowrun returns 810k
planetary annihilation: 789k
thomas was alone 782k (finished funds from IndieGoGo)

As always, KS data in my spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lFW2sjShHriYRsyuVZx4Se8Qxjw38VJk4g-7cls8cpg/

half of those have inflated figures through humble bundles though, especially Risk of Rain as they were giving four packs away in one bundle. But i guess a sale is a sale.

and they patched the PC version to make it easier.

the last level of JSRF and Psychonauts are almost the same level of frustrations in my head. just tarnishing a great experience

Ah I didn't know that. Only ever played the PS2 version of Psychonauts. Yeah the last level of JSRF is pretty annoying too.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
half of those have inflated figures through humble bundles though, especially Risk of Rain as they were giving four packs away in one bundle. But i guess a sale is a sale.

chivalry: released in 2012, 1 bundle (trivial unit sales), sales as low as 90% off
ftl: released in 2012, 3 bundles (~800,000 bundles total, FTL was BTA in all bundles), sales as low as 75% off
orion: can't calculate number of bundles because of name changes, but prices as low as 95% below original launch price, and it's been in a bunch of turd bundles
7 days to die: no bundles, never been more than 60% off
guns of icarus online: 6 bundles, sales as low as 85% off,not sure how many bundle sales
risk of rain: 3 bundles, price as low as 75% off (200k+ bundles?)
divinity: 0 bundles, 40% maximum discount
shadowrun returns: 75%+ sales, 2 bundles (200k? sales?)
planetary annihilation: can't figure out what's going on with this to check price or bundle data
thomas was alone: 6 bundles, 75%+ off, many hundred thousand sales from bundles

i would say in light of that, 7 days to die and divinity are both quite impressive.

Messiah

Well I'm sure by the time I return Type-0 will be patched, right? Guys, why are you laughing?
At least I have MGSV to look forward to.

Salsa

I like Fingered. It's harder at first cause you kinda gotta learn the game's rules and what it means by each description (they are kinda vague and the drawings arent that clear, but there's definetly a system to figure out there).

it's snappy too so you just go by it efficently

definetly worth the $1.87 if you expect something fair in content for that price

I guess one "complaint" is that not knowing how long the game is, the first few witnesses are sorta boring and having to repeat through them before getting to the ones with "hurdles" (will not repeat himself, will only describe in negatives, etc) is a bit silly in a progression sense but since the game is made for such quick play session it's not like it really matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom