• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
chivalry: released in 2012, 1 bundle (trivial unit sales), sales as low as 90% off
ftl: released in 2012, 3 bundles (~800,000 bundles total, FTL was BTA in all bundles), sales as low as 75% off
orion: can't calculate number of bundles because of name changes, but prices as low as 95% below original launch price, and it's been in a bunch of turd bundles
7 days to die: no bundles, never been more than 60% off
guns of icarus online: 6 bundles, sales as low as 85% off,not sure how many bundle sales
risk of rain: 3 bundles, price as low as 75% off (200k+ bundles?)
divinity: 0 bundles, 40% maximum discount
shadowrun returns: 75%+ sales, 2 bundles (200k? sales?)
planetary annihilation: can't figure out what's going on with this to check price or bundle data
thomas was alone: 6 bundles, 75%+ off, many hundred thousand sales from bundles

i would say in light of that, 7 days to die and divinity are both quite impressive.

Divinity OS is definitely a huge success outside of its KS.

Like i said, when RoR was in a bundle it came with 4 copies total so it was as close to free as it could get for a while. You couldn't find a taker in this thread after a while because everyone had it lol. But the rest are probably only somewhat affected by being bundled.

Salsa

and finding devs is fun

CMtl-m3WcAUqqMx.png:large

Purkake4

Banned
chivalry: released in 2012, 1 bundle (trivial unit sales), sales as low as 90% off
ftl: released in 2012, 3 bundles (~800,000 bundles total, FTL was BTA in all bundles), sales as low as 75% off
orion: can't calculate number of bundles because of name changes, but prices as low as 95% below original launch price, and it's been in a bunch of turd bundles
7 days to die: no bundles, never been more than 60% off
guns of icarus online: 6 bundles, sales as low as 85% off,not sure how many bundle sales
risk of rain: 3 bundles, price as low as 75% off (200k+ bundles?)
divinity: 0 bundles, 40% maximum discount
shadowrun returns: 75%+ sales, 2 bundles (200k? sales?)
planetary annihilation: can't figure out what's going on with this to check price or bundle data
thomas was alone: 6 bundles, 75%+ off, many hundred thousand sales from bundles

i would say in light of that, 7 days to die and divinity are both quite impressive.
Don't forget that Risk of Rain came in a 4-pack bundle, there were pages of copies here that no one wanted.

Ruruja

Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssss tastes bad.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7DB3193C6395D0A9 - Taken by Anastasia

extroid
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zero-Crescent, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-95FBF80F4AB6D2B0 - Taken by texhnolyze

iosefe

middle of first mission, game is running flawlessly as can be expected

only thing i really wrestled with were the button controls trying to find that noe that fits me best

keep in mind, i unticked Screen Space Shadows and i think i turned of AA

i have the Min required card, but with 2GB, and a 2nd gen AMD A10-5700 APU

overall, from a low-to-mid end spectrum, this port is great for me. it may be 30, but it is a VERY SMOOTH 30 for me, and thats fine by me.

we shall see what heavy load does though, as i haven't reached one of those yet

Vuze

Why is Nuuvem giving Relic Hunters keys if it's already free on Steam? Is it something different?
I think you get a +1 by activating through a key, no? No idea why they'd offer keys, maybe just a promotion thing (I didn't know it was free on steam until after I activated the key :p).

Eila

I think you get a +1 by activating through a key, no? No idea why they'd offer keys, maybe just a promotion thing (I didn't know it was free on steam until after I activated the key :p).

Yeah, it's a +1. Just remove the free license if you got it via steam store before, and then activate the key.

ArjanN

and they patched the PC version to make it easier.

the last level of JSRF and Psychonauts are almost the same level of frustrations in my head. just tarnishing a great experience

I recently replayed Psychonauts when they added Steam achievements, and honestly Meat Circus wasn't even all that hard in the earlier version in the game before they made it easier. Sure, it's a bit of a difficulty spike, but the rest of the game barely has any platforming challenge at all.

Ruruja

Since when do they release the weekend deal on Thursday?

Today is Tuesday you know... but they release them on Thursdays all the time.

The page for the games says Midweek Madness, so I guess they just labelled the part on the front page incorrectly.

Salsa

Today is Tuesday you know...

you sure? pretty sure today's the day you and your bullies were driven back with pitchforks, the day in which my father saved his village at the cost of his own life and you had him shot as he ran away, a hero at a thousand paces

Stuff:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Kurt Russell:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Indie Assault -- MB-5E55526CC2BA4B3E - Taken by Kifimbo
AVENGING ANGEL -- MB-45978BB57C0F89B4 - Taken by chronomac
xheRJRF.gif
DAMNATION -- MB-B17B8AB474424BFB - Taken by Eila

Dr Dogg

How on earth is Zombi, a game that was 6.8gigglybites on WiiU, ballooned to just over 21 when brought over to PC? Oh yeah I bought Zombi because that's what happens when you go down the pub to watch the footy and don't get served for 20 mins.

By the way, how was Hotline Miami 2? It seems to have been discussed a lot less than 1, in my experience.

I feel it is most likely because it isn't 'original' anymore.
thinking.gif

Salsa

By the way, how was Hotline Miami 2? It seems to have been discussed a lot less than 1, in my experience.

I feel it is most likely because it isn't 'original' anymore.
thinking.gif

A lot harder, story a lot more jumbled and tryhard in a way

I really enjoyed it, but a lot of people felt the difficulty was unfair and cheap at points

pretty mixed as far as reception goes so I guess it's on a "try it" basis

biggest complaint i'd agree with is the much, much bigger reliance on guns

So, people that buy TYPE-0 from GMG got their DOTA item?

The Dota 2 items will be sent "soon" (people on the Steam forums are saying Thursday)

if your account shows the Type-0 license as "Pre Purchase" then you'll get the items and if it doesn't then you won't (again, that's from the Steam forums)

Uzzy

How on earth is Zombi, a game that was 6.8gigglybites on WiiU, ballooned to just over 21 when brought over to PC? Oh yeah I bought Zombi because that's what happens when you go down the pub to watch the footy and don't get served for 20 mins.

Shocking stuff that. At least you got to see Memphis turn on the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom