• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

The Dota 2 items will be sent "soon" (people on the Steam forums are saying Thursday)

if your account shows the Type-0 license as "Pre Purchase" then you'll get the items and if it doesn't then you won't (again, that's from the Steam forums)

I don't redeem the key yet.. so I messed up or what lol

Judging by situation its unclear that's bad or good tho

nobody got my street fighter the movie reference

anime has taken over

Street Fighter is anime too.

Ingf83C.png

I don't redeem the key yet.. so I messed up or what lol

Judging by situation its unclear that's bad or good tho

I personally haven't had any issues at all so far with the game as far as how it's running for me

My guess would be that if it's a pre-purchase key it would give the items no matter when it's redeemed but I'm sure someone else here could give you a better answer.

Dr Dogg

Yeah you're not fooling me Konami with your hybrid Pro Evo shenanigans. Maybe, just maybe if you had Steam Achievements and a better online infrastructure then I might be temped but your preorder incentives are weak.

Shocking stuff that. At least you got to see Memphis turn on the class.

2 blinders from him. Quite chuffed as I've got him in my Dreamteam but then so has half of work.

There's a technique to getting served at a bar and clearly Dr Dogg does not know it.

Bit hard in a busy boozer with only one ditzy member of staff behind the bar. Doesn't help my spontaneous, compulsive phone browsing habits!

Anyone wacky enough to use a comma as a decimal point doesn't deserve to play the game anyways.

Truthbomb!

You can see the text change to 'God hates you'. Guess that's what happens when you miss a few frames.

That's how the original works anyway -- it changes for one frame -- apparently my artist decided to leave that frame in tact.

He certainly loves games that are locked at 1080p30. Time to start a counter-group warning people of ports that are just too good?

Hey now, don't tell me what I love.
I love good games and as long as I can enjoy the game, I'm not going to throw a temper tantrum because it's not a certain resolution or framerate.

The actual scene does the same thing. :p

Yes. Yes it does.

from the Type-0 thread on the Gaming side...

Newsflash:
The game stutters on some systems if you turn everything to the maximum because then it renders at 3840x2160, in HDR, with quite a few expensive post-processing effects and temporal AA done on the full 4k HDR FP framebuffer.
It's not really a performance issue in that sense -- it's like the TW2 Ubersampling option in a way.

Also, it's ridiculous to have the option to do the full rendering at 4k in the game and then only allow output at 1920x1080 :/

It's not really an "issue" at all in my opinion -- perhaps you could call the labeling of the setting an issue. In TW2, CDPR put a fat red warning on the "Ubersampling" switch, and perhaps they should do that for "Highest" AA.

The biggest issue I have with the port right now is the locked output resolution. Especially since they are already rendering internally at a different res.

Dr Dogg

Hahaha apparently smashing the settings to highest on Type-0 (guessing AA to highest is the culprit) it actually renders at 3840x2160 but presents at 1920x1080.

Newsflash:
The game stutters on some systems if you turn everything to the maximum because then it renders at 3840x2160, in HDR, with quite a few expensive post-processing effects and temporal AA done on the full 4k HDR FP framebuffer.
It's not really a performance issue in that sense -- it's like the TW2 Ubersampling option in a way.

Also, it's ridiculous to have the option to do the full rendering at 4k in the game and then only allow output at 1920x1080 :/

Can imagine that looks like shit on an actual 3840x2160 display being rendered at one res, resampled to another and then resampled from a quarter of your display resolution via what method your tv/monitor uses.

Edit: Well late but some musing above.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The best way to enjoy The Witcher 3 is with trainers. :3
*waits for the disgusting, pitch fork, Looking bad at my direction gifs , etc*

Hinomura

Hmmm, want to buy Darkest Dungeon but lots of recent reviews are saying the devs ruined the game by making it unreasonably hard.

I'm in the same boat. I'm checking a bit the discussions on Steam and it's even more puzzling: it goes from: "get better, before it was just a cakewalk once understood the mechanics" to the likes of: "it's just plain impossible".

Today the devs released a big update: http://steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/61149626065351897

... I think I'll bite. I'll share my opinion later, but I don't know if I'll manage to put in enough hours to give back useful info.

Ruruja

I'm pretty certain I should have gotten two achievements for FF Type-0 HD. I noticed the achievements didn't show up in my Library, they have now that I've restarted Steam. Is this a known bug with installing newly released games and not restarting steam, that achievements don't work until you do?

Dr Dogg

Remember when you guys were complaining the thread got moved to the community ghetto?

To be fair most of those complaining don't post here anymore. Some of them I've not seen in here for months. Eventually this thread will just be nonsensical gif posts one after the other.

derExperte

Don't we have a birthday? We didn't have a birthday in almost half a day, can't be. Happy birthday somebody, I know you're out there!

I'm in the same boat. I'm checking a bit the discussions on Steam and it's even more puzzling: it goes from: "get better, before it was just a cakewalk once understood the mechanics" to the likes of: "it's just plain impossible".

Today the devs released a big update: http://steamcommunity.com/games/262060/announcements/detail/61149626065351897

... I think I'll bite. I'll share my opinion later, but I don't know if I'll manage to put in enough hours to give back useful info.

People who play the game seem happy about the changes so yay, I guess? Don't understand anything like why the corpses are/were terrible. Also I fear the game will destroy me no matter what. Maybe I'll wait for more patches and a bigger discount.

By the way, how was Hotline Miami 2? It seems to have been discussed a lot less than 1, in my experience.

I feel it is most likely because it isn't 'original' anymore.
thinking.gif

Very good and a must for fans of HM1. But everyone knew what they were getting so the discussions were around what was worse (=some of the levels), a bit about the story and then everyone moved on.

Sch1sm

Remember when you guys were complaining the thread got moved to the community ghetto?

Welcome to the New-Age Game
+

-----

I started playing Crypt of the Necrodancer and I learned my rhythm for it is terrible, because I didn't manage to get a single coin multiplayer. I'll learn. One day. I need to get a game done to get myself out of this rut.

I'm pretty certain I should have gotten two achievements for FF Type-0 HD. I noticed the achievements didn't show up in my Library, they have now that I've restarted Steam. Is this a known bug with installing newly released games and not restarting steam, that achievements don't work until you do?
No, hasn't happened to me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom