• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

I don't even know who Ingrid is. :lol
A character that was unfortunately introduced in Capcom Fighting Jam and was also in the PSP version of Alpha 3.
Still find her popularity odd with the lack of appearances. Hell most people have never even played as her. Guess it's just a loud group.
I certainly hope so. While I don't want to see another SF2 character come in, I'd take em over Ingrid!

Also, have you seen this Juri Han art print? Looks fantastic, think I might order one.
Now that's a nice print. Really hope she is part of the first batch of characters.

Still find her popularity odd with the lack of appearances. Hell most people have never even played as her. Guess it's just a loud group.

Now that's a nice print. Really hope she is part of the first batch of characters.

*something something waifus something anime something nerds*

disappear.gif

Steam's handling of going offline is still utter nonsense. Internet went out earlier while I playing Type 0 so there is an hour's worth of gameplay where I didn't unlock achievements, several of which will require restarting the game to get(ie, beat chapter 1)

Lain

Stupid licensed music bs.
I'd instantly buy that on a platform I owned. I've heard it was a pretty solid game.

I found it to be a big disappointment. The only saving grace (for me) was the music. I'd say the CGs were nice too but they had compression artifacts and those kinda ruin the "wow, cool!" factor.

Soulflarz

Banned
I found it to be a big disappointment. The only saving grace (for me) was the music. I'd say the CGs were nice too but they had compression artifacts and those kinda ruin the "wow, cool!" factor.

Eh, Cisis Core has some good gameplay and the game expands on the FF7 universe. I know square says Type-0 is the evolution of CCs combat, but I found CC to play a mile better than Type-0.

Jawmuncher

It was easily the best thing to come out of that FF7 revival during that time.

---------

For type-0 players Carter is like the best character to play as. So easy to use since she's a gun user and powerful to boot. She was my main the entire game.

Lain

Eh, Cisis Core has some good gameplay and the game expands on the FF7 universe. I know square says Type-0 is the evolution of CCs combat, but I found CC to play a mile better than Type-0.

I disliked the gameplay itself. I'm completely not a fan of the reel. Add to that the high re-use of environments for missions and the game just didn't do much for me.
At least I'm going into Type-0 with pretty low expectations.

It was easily the best thing to come out of that FF7 revival during that time.

That mostly says how bad the rest of the FF7 revival games were though!

Can we discuss waifus yet? Mine's Sice.

What are these names. My last knowledge of Type-0 was from 2010 with the Japanese version where everyone's name was either a number or a a playing card symbol.

Unless those were horrible translations at the time, I don't know.

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel like Ace and whoever the Katana user is were the best characters in Type 0. Both pull off criticals like it's nothing.

Jacks the best by a mile and it's really noticeable. My clip of the fourth chapter boss fight when I did it my first time. Needless to say, spoilers of sorts, not really plot, but yeah. And yes, I solely uploaded this for when the topic would come up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccSDxbrB9Ws

Lol, using the Type 0 exp glitch to get my characters up to snuff so I can do the expert missions the first time through as I've already played the game and steam is saying I've played the 60,000 hours and so on. Is there a way to manually change that once I'm done?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Lol, using the Type 0 exp glitch to get my characters up to snuff so I can do the expert missions the first time through as I've already played the game and steam is saying I've played the 60,000 hours and so on. Is there a way to manually change that once I'm done?

Wait, what?

Salsa

oh

so you're tellin me they're Rocket Leaguin my already favorite multiplayer fps?

RED and BLU face off in an epic battle to score more goals than their opponents. Coordinated passing, aerial shots, interceptions, team-based formations and plays, defensive lines and the like make for strategically chaotic play.

jfrnco.gif

Wait, what?
That's an exploit in the game via the secret training where you get exp for taking a break and coming back to playing the game. So by setting the clock ahead a year for example you get up to a max of four levels per return. You do this with the system clock on the consoles or Window's time settings. By doing this with the PC version though steam seems to be thinking I've been playing all of that time.

It fixes itself when you close the game though. Went from 200,000 hours to 99 minutes.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
That's an exploit in the game via the secret training where you get exp for taking a break and coming back to playing the game. So by setting the clock ahead a year for example you get up to a max of four levels per return. You do this with the system clock on the consoles or Window's time settings. By doing this with the PC version though steam seems to be thinking I've been playing all of that time.

It fixes itself when you close the game though. Went from 200,000 hours to 99 minutes.

That's really interesting - it's got to be a bug in the offline time tracking for that game.

I've tested similar situations with other games on Steam, looking for a way to "trick" Idle Master into dropping cards without actually waiting for the 2 hour playtime mark. Being able to add arbitrary amounts of playtime to any game without actually waiting that long would be extremely useful in that regard which is why I was curious.

This looks interesting. Hopefully nothing horror. So much of that lately.
Crimsonland as cool as 10 years ago

also still wish the movement was faster

also zky goty:

T5dfG5n.jpg
Look like mechanical cyborg wasps.
But that link shows you will not see a performance increase in gaming, even when using 40-60% of memory. Money could be better spent elsewhere.
Haha, yeah I know. But I like to multitask, keep many tabs and programs open, even while gaming. It's a gut feeling since all other stuff on me is pretty high-end.

Jawmuncher

That's really interesting - it's got to be a bug in the offline time tracking for that game.

I've tested similar situations with other games on Steam, looking for a way to "trick" Idle Master into dropping cards without actually waiting for the 2 hour playtime mark. Being able to add arbitrary amounts of playtime to any game without actually waiting that long would be extremely useful in that regard which is why I was curious.

Its been in all versions of the game. I did it on Xbox One myself just so that I didn't have to level the rest of my team.

Everyone just needs to get Fingered.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fingered -- MB-8588ECA7B6803BC4 - Taken by Last Baron. 36 entrants total.

t1439954390z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom