• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
xLK1HkV.gif

Thanks for the chance!

I like to finger creepy criminals when I'm bored. One of these days, I'll even finger Edmund McMillen or Phil Fish.

Decided to play Type 0 for a few minutes, realized I forgot to enroll in my technical drafting class(only added it to cart), went back and all the spots were gone.

Fuck. That was the only one.

Backlogger

Extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EC3882791C3F79BB
NAMARIEL LEGENDS: IRON LORD PREMIUM EDITION -- MB-045E47131BE5A402 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
xheRJRF.gif
DAMNATION -- MB-001AA16A86F6CCFF - Taken by Henry Swanson

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Teslagrad made the Steampunk bundle from Groupees worth the pre-order. These are games I already had. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Avenging Angel -- MB-DE0F887C2A0709EE - Taken by bobnowhere
xheRJRF.gif
Damnation -- MB-A15F559B81584A2F - Taken by Stumpokapow

Jawmuncher

I wonder if it would be possible to get Tender Loving Care on PC. Though they would have to work around with the DVD version since the original PC version has bad video compression. The DVD version has already been reworked on mobile so I suppose something could be done. If you don't know what i'm talking about I bring it up because of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5wT-kIauE
Sounds interesting, and seeing stuff like Tesla Effect and Contradiciton has me wanting more FMV games. Especially more forgotten gems.

I wonder if it would be possible to get Tender Loving Care on PC. Though they would have to work around with the DVD version since the original PC version has bad video compression. Though that version has already been reworked on mobile so I suppose something could be done. If you don't know what i'm talking about I bring it up because of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr5wT-kIauE
Sounds interesting, and seeing stuff like Tesla Effect and Contradiciton has me wanting more FMV games. Especially more forgotten gems.

I want Silent Steel to make a comeback.

Momentary

Banned
Still find her popularity odd with the lack of appearances. Hell most people have never even played as her. Guess it's just a loud group.

Only reason people want her in the game is because she's some stupid immortal goddess with a 15 year old's body, so people want her in the game. It's that damn simple. They don't give a shit what her back story is and most people probably don't even know she's an overpowered goddess

What a horrible addition to the cast if she gets added. If they redesign her and make her look like she's at least seen some shit then sure. But not like this.

Tenrius

So I played through the first third of The Charnell House Trilogy and it's pretty great, some scenes were ingenious. Also loved all the gaming references

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for the poop, jshackles.

I'm having game choice anxiety trying to decide between buying Fingered or getting Contradiction - Spot The Liar. Both look totally awesome. If I can crank out cards fast enough maybe I'll get both.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I'm having game choice anxiety trying to decide between buying Fingered or getting Contradiction - Spot The Liar. Both look totally awesome. If I can crank out cards fast enough maybe I'll get both.

Any time man. I'm sad to say that I actually purchased this poop in a non-bundle, hence the extra key. Enjoy
the +1
!

Sch1sm

Started Her Story today and quickly went through about 2 hours, after initially begin convinced that I probably wouldn't like it. Changed my mind within the first 15, when I started noticing some discrepancies in Hannah's retellings. Effectively hooked. I love it. First game in a couple weeks I haven't just closed within 20 minutes because I was quickly bored.

Only real annoyance is only being able to see 5 videos to a tag at once, but Cheese already told me that changes after your first end game. Seems so far off, still. *shakes fist*

Lain

At the end of the day, if you're stupid enough to not play a game because it doesn't support 1440p or 60fps, it's your loss and nobody else's.

1411179141806.gif

I reserve the right to dislike FF Type-0 because of the gameplay or the story or it being a bad port (slowdowns and crashes) after it's done downloading.

Diedac

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

NORTHMARK HOUR OF THE WOLF -- MB-5DAECAC7CE5559E9 - Taken by Belgarion
Boid -- MB-293DB775D82CBA7B - Taken by Teppic

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-B82293E93FB6334A - Taken by NightmareTrigger

Anastasia

Would you rather be Fingered, or would you rather be Jenked? Ask yourself that important question.

You know the feeling of searching for game gifs and end up watching an hour documentary-interview of serial killer Richard Kuklinski? Yeah that happened to me. What a note to go to sleep to.

It was so satisfying in Dishonored to grab the rune from the top of Dunwall tower leap off and quickly creep all the way down checking for a boat in the water along the way. I had objective arrows off so there was no certain idea where to go. Took the final plunge down the water lock and found Samuel waiting quietly at the bottom. That was really satisfying and heartwarming.

Sch1sm

I think you got Beat Buddy confused with Neverending Nightmares...

Oh, Frost.

I feel like Neverending Nightmares is something I'll hate simply because of its pacing, since the main character is basically an asthmatic, zero endurance panic runner. But it's been on my wishlist so long, at a $1 I couldn't pass attempting to play it. Beat Buddy I'd never even heard of before today.

Asgaro

To be fair most of those complaining don't post here anymore. Some of them I've not seen in here for months. Eventually this thread will just be nonsensical gif posts one after the other.

Come on now, every gif has a meaning. Even the silliest ones.

Just, to give an example: the origination of chicken. #truefact

2I5Knlf.gif

Jawmuncher

It was so satisfying in Dishonored to grab the rune from the top of Dunwall tower leap off and quickly creep all the way down checking for a boat in the water along the way. I had objective arrows off so there was no certain idea where to go. Took the final plunge down the water lock and found Samuel waiting quietly at the bottom. That was really satisfying and heartwarming.

Still wondering what the definitive version will be on PC. They said that was coming, but we already have a GOTY edition. I can't imagine the models being that much better.

Oh, Frost.

I feel like Neverending Nightmares is something I'll hate simply because of its pacing, since the main character is basically an asthmatic, zero endurance panic runner. But it's been on my wishlist so long, at a $1 I couldn't pass attempting to play it. Beat Buddy I'd never even heard of before today.

Neverending Nightmares is one of the worst games I have ever played (in the last 10 years or so).
And I don't have any "disappointment" factoring in here, like I do when it comes to Strider 2014. I applaud the developer for putting himself out there and making something different, expressing himself through this medium. But the gameplay is very repetitive and basic. There's a lot of walking from A to B, walking into empty rooms, and trying to dodge instant death things where the hitboxes are wonky... it's just really not a good game.

Sch1sm

No.

Neverending Nightmares is one of the worst games I have ever played (in the last 10 years).
And I don't have any "disappointment" factoring in here, like I do when it comes to Strider 2014. I applaud the developer for putting himself out there and making something different, expressing himself through this medium. But the gameplay is very repetitive and basic. There's a lot of walking from A to B, walking into empty rooms, and trying to dodge instant death things where the hitboxes are wonky... it's just really not a good game.

Last 10 years. That's steep, considering the amount you do play. I haven't heard many good reviews for it, so I can believe what you say. I'll try it after Her Story, then play Shadow Warrior to get the probably bad taste out of my mouth. Only thing that ever stuck out about this game to me is the art style. Just looked into what you said about the dev and his "medium," and... That's interesting.

$1 lost, $1 gained. I'll share my impressions whether or not I get through it, within the week.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I will never understand Japanese developers'/publishers' continued ignorance of the platform and audience potential it has for them. The support shown for even the smallest of releases should be putting dollar signs in some eyeballs... and yet, they'd rather leave that all on the table because...?

Damn, my Type-0 is 156mb only lmao.
It seems that the problem is my 32bit office laptop. I'm planning to install it here and backup it to my home PC as usual. I never had this issue with 64bit only games previously.
Should I just download the scene release (cracked) instead? Will it be possible?

I will never understand Japanese developers'/publishers' continued ignorance of the platform and audience potential it has for them. The support shown for even the smallest of releases should be putting dollar signs in some eyeballs... and yet, they'd rather leave that all on the table because...?

Japan.

(It also depends on the price though. Look at Koei-Tecmos games. I think they really just sell during sales. Why should I buy Toukiden or OP for 60$, when things like Way of the Samurai 4, the IF-games or even XSeed games can be had for cheaper?)

I think if Persona 5 releases for 60$ on PC not many people would actually buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom