• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fingered -- MB-8588ECA7B6803BC4 - Taken by Last Baron. 36 entrants total.

t1439954390z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
any on the humble bundle bta worth it?

i'm probably gonna get it for neverending nightmares and fotonica but u know..

The interface is dogshit, and I lay the blame squarely at the feet of fucking consoles and controller wankers =p
It used to be even worse before 1.08
i mean, i think it's pretty unfriendly on a controller so i dunno if it's controller's fault

it was also pretty bad in witcha 2 and in witcha 1 it was manageable but only after they did the enhanced edition, so dunno if it's consoles that's cdpr's main problem

i wouldn't say it's that bad, it's just not great. sadly i don't think any rpg developer spends the time that interfaces actually deserve. these are games in which u spend hours and hours just looking at menus, it's not a minor thing

also someone just suggested to me to use alternative movement so geralt can feel a bit less clunky. watched a video and looks much better, really cool of cdpr to add that option

Crimsonland as cool as 10 years ago

also still wish the movement was faster

also zky goty:
i actually used to love crimsonland back when i was like 15

also it's pretty uncalled for to like have full blown pictures of things that scare me, please don't do that

MUnited83

For you.
Japan.

(It also depends on the price though. Look at Koei-Tecmos games. I think they really just sell during sales. Why should I buy Toukiden or OP for 60$, when things like Way of the Samurai 4, the IF-games or even XSeed games can be had for cheaper?)

I think if Persona 5 releases for 60$ on PC not many people would actually buy it.

If it released the same day as the PS4 version?

Not a single doubt in my mind that it would sell a crapload of copies.
Koei Tecmo don't sell much at release because they are bad ports of games released several months or even years ago in another platforms while having a very high price.
Way of the Samurai 4, IF games and Xseed games are also much more of a niche than Persona.

If it released the same day as the PS4 version?

Not a single doubt in my mind that it would sell a crapload of copies.
Koei Tecmo don't sell much at release because they are bad ports of games released several months or even years ago in another platforms while having a very high price.
Way of the Samurai 4, IF games and Xseed games are also much more of a niche than Persona.

But those are selling well, the latter ones. And they actually have a good price point. Toukiden and Bladestorm are sitting at like 3.000-6.000 copies and I am sure the price point is a big reason for that.

Is this game any good? I think I played the first one way back when it was released, but never played the sequels.

I thought it was decent. Piranha Bytes games are an acquired taste though. They craft janky games that trade ambition for a polished, bug free experience. To be fair, they've been getting better in the latter departments in their last few games but it's never been enough to hit the mainstream. Risen 3 is probably their most polished game to date but I don't think even that's enough to convert folks who aren't already used to their unique style of making games.

Now if you have enjoyed their stuff before, you will probably like this. The game is a pirate themed RPG with somewhat difficult (many call it unfair) combat that rewards exploration to every last corner of the world map. I'd say the map size is about twice of the total of the first Risen. The game has great atmosphere and exploration and I remember it had some interesting side quests. It has different factions that you can align with that will change some of the quests you get and your general combat style. It also looks really spectacular at times. The negatives are that it still suffers from a certain lack of polish. The animations aren't great and sometimes the camera will stuck in awkward places It lasted me about 50 hours in total.

I'd say it's easily worth it at this price.

I'm having game choice anxiety trying to decide between buying Fingered or getting Contradiction - Spot The Liar. Both look totally awesome. If I can crank out cards fast enough maybe I'll get both.

Contradiction! Although it is kind of short (5-6 hours) and has no replayability. It's a good attempt at making this kind of game though.

Maniac

Banned
The best way to enjoy The Witcher 3 is with trainers. :3
*waits for the disgusting, pitch fork, Looking bad at my direction gifs , etc*

I've definitely tweaked it better to my liking.

Although I am quite annoyed, but not surprised by the fact that a nude mod for Ciri is like in the top 10 on Nexusmods.

Pls no nuderino my sweet innocent ciri ;_;

MUnited83

For you.
I doubt it to be worth too much in the grand scheme of things.

Should be worth around 10-12$. Not bad at all.

But those are selling well, the latter ones. And they actually have a good price point. Toukiden and Bladestorm are sitting at like 3.000-6.000 copies and I am sure the price point is a big reason for that.
None of those released day and date with consoles, none of those have a fanbase even remotely comparable with persona.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Oh man, Zombi having Steam achievements is sooooo good. I hope Ubisoft adds achievements to the entire Ass Creed series, but also magically realizes no one plays multi and leaves all those achievements out. Also Far Cry 3/4 plz.

Ozium

is the bundle of the humble variety worth it for the purchase of the $1 tier requirement in order to access a steam key for the game titled "Neverending Nightmares?" Considering that I am owning the other three games I am not receiving the intended value. Also I do not use Android devices. So another incentive is destroyed so only alone the thing that remains to be seen is if that title alone is worrth one hundred american cents.

thank you

Salsa

speakin of achievements im kinda bummed Not A Hero surprisingly doesnt have them

im going through the game collecting / maxing everything before moving on and it'd seem really doable to just get them all

really weird to see a high profile indie game come out now without em

Ozium

speakin of achievements im kinda bummed Not A Hero surprisingly doesnt have them

im going through the game collecting / maxing everything before moving on and it'd seem really doable to just get them all

a game in this modern era in which the zeitgeist is to include achievements? or does the fact that achievements will do and indeed add to games preclude achievements? or is there a part of decision of intent from either or the one or the other of the game creators who think or are too lazy to put them in or that they detract from the game and so do they klei

Makes sense because of the refunds, etc...

BTW, how did you get it? Do you have to launch Dota or something?

I launched Dota 2 and there was a shining button in the right hand corner...clicked that and it said I had the bundle (I didn't click the Accept button that came up) and when I exited the game it was in my Steam inventory. I went back in the game just to make sure it was there and it was in my inventory (or whatever they call it in Dota)

No.

Last 10 years. That's steep, considering the amount you do play. I haven't heard many good reviews for it, so I can believe what you say. I'll try it after Her Story, then play Shadow Warrior to get the probably bad taste out of my mouth. Only thing that ever stuck out about this game to me is the art style. Just looked into what you said about the dev and his "medium," and... That's interesting.

$1 lost, $1 gained. I'll share my impressions whether or not I get through it, within the week.

At least you got Crimsonland as part of the $1.

I thought so too.
I even tweeted Roll7 to ask about adding them, but never received a reply.
I'm surprised the game isn't headed to PS4 or X1 and thus getting achievements/trophies designed for it anyway...

I launched Dota 2 and there was a shining button in the right hand corner...clicked that and it said I had the bundle (I didn't click the Accept button that came up) and when I exited the game it was in my Steam inventory. I went back in the game just to make sure it was there and it was in my inventory (or whatever they call it in Dota)

Makes sense, since it's true for TF2 promo items too.
Guess I'm off to d/l DOTA2.

GaussTek

Thanks! Downloading Dota 2 right now to check that out :)

Salsa

a game in this modern era in which the zeitgeist is to include achievements? or does the fact that achievements will do and indeed add to games preclude achievements? or is there a part of decision of intent from either or the one or the other of the game creators who think or are too lazy to put them in or that they detract from the game and so do they klei

they did say they were thinking of patching them in but that was months ago with no further news

fertygo

Giveaway from Banzai Bundle. buying pretty much for the 2 VN >_>
Hopefully its worth the buy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for fertygo:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fertygo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alpha Kimori: Great Doubt - Episode 1 -- MB-C7446AF97BC638FD - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Final Dusk -- MB-B3412B6AC3DD2269 - Taken by Lobogris. 3 entrants total.
Cubicle Quest -- MB-E8746C0AB4B01D60 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.

t1439954810z1.png

Thanks! Downloading Dota 2 right now to check that out :)

At least you got Crimsonland as part of the $1.

I thought so too.
I even tweeted Roll7 to ask about adding them, but never received a reply.
I'm surprised the game isn't headed to PS4 or X1 and thus getting achievements/trophies designed for it anyway...

Makes sense, since it's true for TF2 promo items too.
Guess I'm off to d/l DOTA2.

just remember to not click the Accept button that comes up...I have no idea if that makes a difference but I didn't want to accidentally open the bundle or anything since I have no idea how anything in Dota works

just remember to not click the Accept button that comes up...I have no idea if that makes a difference but I didn't want to accidentally open the bundle or anything since I have no idea how anything in Dota works

I see, thanks. It's annoys me that I'll have to add DOTA 2 to my library now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom