• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
IIRC wasn't it's lifetime PS3 sales like 1 million copies sold?
Nope, that's just regurgitated VG Chartz numbers, which have no base on reality at all. There's no right numbers except for the Japanese market.

VG Chartz says it sold almost 600 000 copies on the US, yet you can see the game bombed terribly on release ( http://web.archive.org/web/20120523...e.com/news/valkyria-largely-ignored-us-gamers ) and I really doubt any resurgence of interest would put sales on the US even remotely close to 600 000

Nzyme32

Sounds about like a typical dense JRPG fan, amiright?

pls dont kill me, twas a joke.

I mean, everyone seems to have missed the point of the tweet and thinks it won't happen.

He is basically saying they don't know what will happen in terms of PC support, basically asking the original poster (asking if a PC version was impossible) if he had a device that would go through all the possibilities and tell them where they will end up

Here is a simple explanation of the Infinite Improbability Drive and what it does

Tizoc

Nope, that's just regurgitated VG Chartz numbers, which have no base on reality at all. There's no right numbers except for the Japanese market.

VG Chartz says it sold almost 600 000 copies on the US, yet you can see the game bombed terribly on release ( http://web.archive.org/web/20120523...e.com/news/valkyria-largely-ignored-us-gamers ) and I really doubt any resurgence of interest would put sales on the US even remotely close to 600 000

What were the total japanese sales so far then please?

In the Persona 5 thread - - does no one actually know of the Hitchhickers Guide and what an Infinite Improbability Drive is?

I really need tor ead that book someday...how are the comic book adaptations?

I mean, everyone seems to have missed the point of the tweet and thinks it won't happen.

He is basically saying they don't know what will happen in terms of PC support, basically asking the original poster (asking if a PC version was impossible) if he had a device that would go through all the possibilities and tell them where they will end up

Here is a simple explanation of the Infinite Improbability Drive and what it does

That's a cool video, I knew enough about Hitchhikers from osmosis to sort know what an infinite improbability drive was, now I more. I should really read the book.

Arthea

It's really hard for me to believe that there are people that never heard even about 42!
it's like IDK... worldview shattering realisation, dividing by zero and all that stuff. I'm not sure I'll ever recover from this.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175815216&postcount=819

Not the first or last indie dev who botches the marketing aspect, I fear Volume will suffer the same fate. As I mentioned above this game market is maybe the harshest it's ever been and if you fuck one thing up that's it. And if you don't you'll probably still fail without some luck and excellent timing, even newgen consoles with their limited libraries have reached the point where only being on there isn't enough anymore.

Eh, I think Metanet's problem is that it's been nearly a decade (or more?) of N so some people have "N/N+" burnout plus only being on one platform when the original/N+ was ported nearly everywhere last generation kinda killed it.

Ozium

Are you L.O.R.D?

dude , why would you say that ?
i know it is joke...
i think, but if not !

little+kid+happy.png

So for decent performance with FFT0 we shouldn't max out AA, right? I have it on High but not on highest.

Also, i felt for that chocobo when it went down. I felt more connected to it than to any character in FFXIII

derExperte

Letting know what you want and feeling entitled are two different matters.

Some seem to consider not buying a game for any technical reason and then talking about that decision entitlement so there's that. But is it even wrong being an entitled gamer? Sure, some games I want to play no matter what but the more choice I have, the fewer they become. Fact is even if you play 10hrs a day every day you'll miss great stuff so yes, I feel entitled to some extent. Devs and pubs can ignore all that pesky noise but I wish them good look in the future because the competition certainly won't get smaller.

Eh, I think Metanet's problem is that it's been nearly a decade (or more?) of N so some people have "N/N+" burnout plus only being on one platform when the original/N+ was ported nearly everywhere last generation kinda killed it.

That too, N+ was a big thing a few years ago but it doesn't have a huge fanbase that was waiting for more. And as mentioned in the thread the game might actually have too much content which can be intimidating and led to a price beyond what most are willing to pay for this kind of game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That too, N+ was a big thing a few year but it doesn't have a huge fanbase that was waiting for more. And as mentioned in the thread the game might actually have too much content which can be intimidating and led to a price beyond what most are willing to pay for this kind of game.

I don't think the amount of content is the problem. The problem is they chose one platform (which is good for them but bad for playerbase) and that platform despite "needing" games isn't really indie focused (maybe them shooting for Sony's portable would've done a bit better?) and most of the playerbase already has N+ somewhere to where asking for... $5? 10? more than the original/N+ price is a bit crazy for some of them.

Arthea

Some seem to consider not buying a game for any technical reason and then talking about that decision entitlement so there's that. But is it even wrong being an entitled gamer? Sure, some games I want to play no matter what but the more choice I have, the fewer they become. Fact is even if you play 10hrs a day every day you'll miss great stuff so yes, I feel entitled to some extent. Devs and pubs can ignore all that pesky noise but I wish them good look in the future because the competition certainly won't get smaller.

It is kinda wrong... entitlement goes both ways, if you feel entitled to get the game exactly the way you want it, devs are entitled to do with it the hell they want, even release without options at all.
Only discussion solves problems, entitlement creates them, as we often see people feel entitled to things that are not even possible in some cases or close to impossible.

I understand what you mean about competition, which is severe in gaming industry and should create higher standards, because every dev or publisher wanna sell their games, but it's not always viable, as, for example, you have to invest too much into type of a game (or port) you are trying to sell, so much so that it can't be profitable even if it sells on quality of port alone, which I don't believe for a second, I mean that graphic options sell games, lack of those might reduce sales, but they don't sell games.

Parsnip

I saw that the FF type-0 thread got locked, did anyone make a performance thread or anything?

So for decent performance with FFT0 we shouldn't max out AA, right? I have it on High but not on highest.

Also, i felt for that chocobo when it went down. I felt more connected to it than to any character in FFXIII

The AA options are basically downsampling (+ post processing AA on top it seems). Highest AA is actually rendering at 4K, so it will kill performance very easily. High is 2880×1620.

I wish I could turn off the post processing AA part of it, it looks like butt.

Ozium

I'm reminded of your posts about Ferguson, Mo.

I think you are misremembering or remembering something that you inferred but didn't actually occur. I posted one post about people in that thread assuming things and not once said anything regarding being pro-police or even defending them. And then you came into the steam thread saying I couldn't wait for Battlefield: Hardline and acting as if I am racist and/or love the police. Neither could be further from the truth but if you wish to assume such things based on emotions rather than logic then go right ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom