• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Denis Dyack going mental is the reason I came here to lurk. Boy is this place different now.

That reminds me I started lurking around the time everyone started wearing an eyepatch on their avatars, so I guess the same year as the mgs4 release.

I was planning to wear one too but by the time I got in it was like 3 years too late

That reminds me I started lurking around the time everyone started wearing an eyepatch on their avatars, so I guess the same year as the mgs4 release.

I was planning to wear one too but by the time I got in it was like 3 years too late

Heh, I joined so I could post a picture in one of those "Recreate your favorite scene from a game in MS Paint" threads, but then it took me about 8 years to get my account approved and they don't do those threads anymore (and I also don't know where that file is anymore). :(

Dsyndrome

The madness of 2013 console reveals and E3 gifs brought me lurking to GAF. Made being stuck in Yokosuka for six months better (not that it was ever bad there to begin with, but home is home).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I appreciate the devs being so open btw, GAF used to have more of that in the past. And reading some of their comments like the ones about Super Meat Boy points towards them completely missing that the market has moved on from hard platformers, no one is waiting for another one of those anymore (I'm not sure a PC version would do much better to be honest). Combine that with no demo, no launch discount and a summer release and you got a problem.

I wouldn't say N is a "hard platformer" it's just a little bullshit with like two of the enemies (the ground robot moves wayyy too fast and the homing rockets are a bit bullshit)

Belgarion

But the oposite
someone rverse the gif please xD

wgwOMn5.gif

Saty

Telepath Tactics sales article: http://gamasutra.com/blogs/CraigSte...epath_Tactics_brass_tacks_and_sales_stats.php
Initial sales numbers

With that in mind, how is Telepath Tactics doing so far? Three months after release, I have sold approximately 3,000 copies total across all platforms, with gross sales revenue upwards of $36,660.

Net sales revenue, which accounts for the cut taken by the various distribution platforms, is a good deal lower than the gross–note that net is the amount I actually receive. Valve prohibits developers from disclosing data regarding sales made on Steam, so I cannot reveal my net revenue or otherwise break down my total sales by distribution channel
Do they really?

Since we're always telling developers that they should get with the times, maybe we should start doing the same to people with those kind of monitors. Time to upgrade to 1080p duders!

Haha, I like you.

I jumped from a CRT with a max resolution of 1600x1200 to a 1920x1080 LCD. If I didn't have a 1080p monitor I'd be quite pissed myself at the locked games.

If you didn't have a 1080p monitor: you'd act like every other person who pulls their "i bought this, so you should support it" entitled bullshit.
However, that should probably be "I'd be quite pissed at myself for not upgrading to the 1080p monitor". ;)

Yes, it's gonna run like shit though.

Are you L.O.R.D?

And that's different than any other graphics card how? ;)

Nice -- 5 I didn't own and a few on my wishlist. $1 per new game is a-ok for me.

Never heard of Gaf before. The Kaz gifs lead here from a Gaemspot article.
lol Ozium is pleased.
  • theHunter: Primal
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Godus
  • Overture
  • Sudeki
  • Of Guards And Thieves
  • Lemma
  • The Silent Age
  • Hero of the Kingdom II
  • The Sun and Moon
Not bad of a bundle.How is theHunter Jaw? Just read your post. Cool.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm going to throw out there Of Guards and Thieves is stupidly fun with friends. The game when I last played had no music yet (early access), but has a lot of content, game modes, and a lot of them are fun, ranging from other-game inspired modes (Counter-Strike mode, Tron-inspired mode, Slender-inspired mode, and more), and some unique and fun modes (including the initial Guards & Thieves Mode, the laser-tag esque modes, and more). I haven't played since they added the sandbox/survival mode with the huge map, but it's a really fun multiplayer game.

Sini

ModBot said:

Sudeki -- MB-79032AD36BA4C40F - Taken by Anteater

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-1AE7F0EF34CACB18 - Taken by cyba89
Overture -- MB-16066C8796152947 - Taken by Belgarion
Lemma -- MB-3C90C5CF4B7BC38A - Taken by Saty
The Sun and Moon -- MB-6BC77C81548E9E4F - Taken by chronomac
Godus -- MB-BBA3CCCFADDDAED7 - Taken by iosefe
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-12B35746C36A79CE - Taken by madjoki
theHunter: Primal -- MB-8403FE34FB6379FC - Taken by Dusk Golem
abx

Belgarion

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Rainbow Six Siege Beta -- MB-DAC192E870A4FDD2 - Taken by chronomac
Rainbow Six Siege Beta #3 -- MB-38ED1FE7705C56CB - Taken by Bayonetta
Rainbow Six Siege Beta #2 -- MB-220FF4FBEA321D21 - Taken by dave is ok

Redeem: http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/beta/index.aspx
You can choose your platform (PS4 - XBOX ONE - PC)

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I like what I had played earlier on. The new patch should have hit by now.
It's more of a legitimate hunting game. Never tried with others, but a group gunning down a Trex sounds good to me.

Just wanted to ask if this one was the hunting game... cool, I often play those dumb Cabella hunting games with my brother, so this will be a nice change :p

And I didn't even new it has Multiplayer

Late, but I actually came to GAF back when I was building my PC a few years back (the Build A PC thread...). Then Summer Seal happened and I wound up at SteamGAF.

And never looked back.

Sch1sm

So, we know that NVIDIA isn't (and shouldn't be) afraid of AMD.

But what about Intel?
I mean, pretty much everyone has an Intel GPU. Most of people don't use, sure, but given the amount of TLC each new generation of Intel CPUs receive specifically for GPUs they are bound to reach Curgen consoles level of power sooner or later.
What then?
How many people would be okay with 1080p60 on Med/High without the need for an additional hardware?

This is a day I wait for. It's ideal. I'd sell whatever NVIDIA chipset I'm on and live at high settings, I welcome it. There was a point I just lived on Intel even with it being entirely shit when it comes to the bigger titles, when I was short on cash to replace my 680, and the thought of an Intel card that will let me actually play the games decently is probably too exciting.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hero of the Kingdom II in a bundle. Finally - my wait has paid off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom