• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

hmm, just start playing the game , and because i am on laptop its automatically switched the game on the intel 4000HD card
and all settings to max and 30 FPS

also , i am not sure about Japanese sound , i will try the English voice

Parsnip

Regarding the dota 2 item bundle, I shouldn't unpack it, right? Sell it as a bundle after the restriction ends?

Also, while I was at it I installed TF2 as well since I figured I might have some new items in there too, and I was right. Filling up steam wallet, one €uro at a time.

Zia

This was N++'s only issue gaining traction:

Sadly we were all-hands-on-deck trying to finish the game right up until launch (we cut the launch trailer literally the day before launch) which means we didn't have any time to contact press.

Completely self-inflicted and fucking infuriating. This keeps happening where devs think that they're going to coast along based on their name or previous work and it doesn't work like that in 2015. It's inexcusable with access to things like presskit() and the fact that most pubs' contact emails are easily accessible on the consumer-facing websites.

Grr.

Sony helped fund it from what I understand so probably not? I'm not sure if they had a hand in development like Everybody's Gone to the Rapture.

Metanet are allowed to publish on PC however they've stated that their ability to produce a Steam port hinged on the success of the PS4 ver.

Jawmuncher

This was N++'s only issue gaining traction:

Completely self-inflicted and fucking infuriating. This keeps happening where devs think that they're going to coast along based on their name or previous work and it doesn't work like that in 2015. It's inexcusable with access to things like presskit() and the fact that most pubs' contact emails are easily accessible on the consumer-facing websites.

Grr.

Metanet are allowed to publish on PC however they've stated that their ability to produce a Steam port hinged on the success of the PS4 ver.

Makes you wonder why they couldn't ask like a one other person to just do the press stuff. "Hey man can you send out these emails for us"

I think you are misremembering or remembering something that you inferred but didn't actually occur. I posted one post about people in that thread assuming things and not once said anything regarding being pro-police or even defending them. And then you came into the steam thread saying I couldn't wait for Battlefield: Hardline and acting as if I am racist and/or love the police. Neither could be further from the truth but if you wish to assume such things based on emotions rather than logic then go right ahead

Should've said "I'm reminded of your posts in one of those Ferguson threads." And it's true

Did you ever play Hardline?

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
hmm, just start playing the game , and because i am on laptop its automatically switched the game on the intel 4000HD card

You sometimes have to go to the nvidia control panel and add the game to force the nvidia card.

AHA-Lambda

#LaraCroftGO will launch on the @AppStore, @GooglePlay, @windowsstore and Windows Phone for $4.99 on August 27!

This won't come as a surprise to anyone who has paid attention to this series. Hitman GO on the PC was also a Windows store exclusive. I just can't understand why Square Enix would not want these games to be on Steam. For what it's worth, I've heard Hitman GO was a fairly decent game and a friend who played Lara Croft GO for review said it was even better.

Hmm >_>

I can wait Squeenix....

Zia

Makes you wonder why they couldn't ask like a one other person to just do the press stuff. "Hey man can you send out these emails for us"

There are probably a couple dozen really smart people that follow them on Twitter that'd be willing to whip up something, have them vet it and then reach out to publications for the low cost of a game code.

Indie game with a limited marketing and media budget?

I would have argued for the other way around.

It's a problem I've seen with a lot of Pub Fund games unfortunately. Including Dyad, by Shawn McGrath, programmer on N++!

You can force your Graphics card to take priority.

If it's a Nvidia card, then go to Nvidia control panel -> manage 3D settings -> preferred graphics processor -> Choose your card

fertygo

the AA rendering at 4k at high setting said durante, not sure you want force your lappie

#LaraCroftGO will launch on the @AppStore, @GooglePlay, @windowsstore and Windows Phone for $4.99 on August 27!

This won't come as a surprise to anyone who has paid attention to this series. Hitman GO on the PC was also a Windows store exclusive. I just can't understand why Square Enix would not want these games to be on Steam. For what it's worth, I've heard Hitman GO was a fairly decent game and a friend who played Lara Croft GO for review said it was even better.

Probably because they view theses as targeting Tablets like Surface and have no interest and pushing them towards the desktop even though they do work.

derExperte

Any potential for a PC port on this one?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175844985&postcount=845

We will hopefully be on PC at some point. My main concern is that so many people dismiss the graphics as simple, when in fact they require a fairly modern GPU.. which I'm guessing is going to make a lot of PC gamers really angry.

I appreciate the devs being so open btw, GAF used to have more of that in the past. And reading some of their comments like the ones about Super Meat Boy points towards them completely missing that the market has moved on from hard platformers, no one is waiting for another one of those anymore (I'm not sure a PC version would do much better to be honest). Combine that with no demo, no launch discount and a summer release and you got a problem.

Knurek

So, we know that NVIDIA isn't (and shouldn't be) afraid of AMD.

But what about Intel?
I mean, pretty much everyone has an Intel GPU. Most of people don't use, sure, but given the amount of TLC each new generation of Intel CPUs receive specifically for GPUs they are bound to reach Curgen consoles level of power sooner or later.
What then?
How many people would be okay with 1080p60 on Med/High without the need for an additional hardware?

L.O.R.D

But what about Intel?
I mean, pretty much everyone has an Intel GPU. Most of people don't use, sure, but given the amount of TLC each new generation of Intel CPUs receive specifically for GPUs they are bound to reach Curgen consoles level of power sooner or later.
What then?
How many people would be okay with 1080p60 on Med/High without the need for an additional hardware?
The people with tablets low budget laptop?

Dr Dogg

But what about Intel?
What then?

Sooner or later? You should check out some of the Broadwell 5675 and 5775 reviews as they're equipped with an Iris Pro 6200 and they're about a whisker away from you beloved 750Ti.

Goddammit, I don't think I've ever raged so much and many times on such a shitty support as Steams CS before.
Their reading comprehension must be below of those in first grade.

*rant over*

On a podcast I listen to, somebody said that the PC version of Valkyria Chronicles had a glitch where playing it at 60fps would cause enemies to attack twice as often. Was that patched out?

Can't be louder than mine. I use a headset, so I don't care.

http://youtu.be/DQgCb5EpW5o

g-120805-cvr-mars-11p.grid-6x2.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
What's this?
it's the sequel to always sometimes monsters, sometimes always monsters!

i really liked the first game a lot and if u haven't played it you should!

Zky is wording everything strange.
im not :T

Oh, so it IS a sequel. Man, this title is really dickish >:O
it's actually kind of clever because of spoilerish reasons :>

I was enjoying ASM until I lost my save. It's one of those games that don't have steamcloud and don't have the saves in the steamapps folder.
um, it does have steamcloud

like, i downloaded the game yesterday and it came with all my old saves and everything

My Always Sometimes Monsters playthrough took an incredibly dark turn towards the end so I'm interested to see how the sequel handles it.
mine was always pretty dark haha

You know who to ask...

Not that it means much since whether Arkham Knight runs acceptably can be pretty random. My 980m and 32GB RAM just crashed to desktop when trying to start a new game.
about as useful as that canyourunit site

Lain

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=175844985&postcount=845

I appreciate the devs being so open btw, GAF used to have more of that in the past. And reading some of their comments like the ones about Super Meat Boy points towards them completely missing that the market has moved on from hard platformers, no one is waiting for another one of those anymore (I'm not sure a PC version would do much better to be honest). Combine that with no demo, no launch discount and a summer release and you got a problem.

That was the main reason I started reading this board: the developers posting on GAF and the insightful discussions.

chronomac

An extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (chronomac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pid -- MB-E216BF6195D32074 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom