• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Velocity 2X available now http://store.steampowered.com/app/337180/

header.jpg

Not sure if making it more expensive on Steam than PSN is such a great idea.

You can try to use SAM or appid trick to start "DOTA2". This works with TF2 promo items.

But if that doesn't work, yes you have to.

Doesn't work, I tried. You have to click on some blinking button inside the game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
giphy.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sudeki -- MB-EA5CCDBB9ECA2265 - Taken by dot
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-59593D6DCA97DD32 - Taken by Sch1sm

Newblade

ModBot said:
I am giving away 14 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Bloop -- MB-0BA443773830714E - Taken by titch
Pixel Puzzles: UndeadZ -- MB-C57C85AB4C637172 - Taken by EmergentFocus
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-502350F90521D040 - Taken by someguyinahat
Double Dragon: Neon -- MB-AF1AB38C8E70417E - Taken by chronomac
BANZAI PECAN: The Last Hope For the Young Century -- MB-6377B63FDB217C93 - Taken by Vuze
Z -- MB-ACE23EA3870B08D5 - Taken by anastef
DarkEnd -- MB-E66AB4F7B851104C - Taken by Purkake4
Vanguard Princess -- MB-66B9536F50F61C72 - Taken by Stronghammer22
Pier Solar and the Great Architects -- MB-6E0C067069A0D1D0 - Taken by Ruruja
Gunspell - Steam Edition -- MB-D316132B1BF7D531 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
The Journey Down: Chapter One -- MB-52D10D7E304103C4 - Taken by Darth Kupi
Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-F597C90528BFF1B6 - Taken by JustLynx
The Silent Age -- MB-CA0BCC035E23FD7B - Taken by Saty
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-B0340A773D93F455 - Taken by Spirited

Ruruja

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Sudeki -- MB-04A1C5B75BE330A3 - Taken by didamangi

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overture -- MB-A6C5D00407DFB427 - Taken by Purkake4. 4 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
theHunter: Primal -- MB-99466EFB4003BE6A - Taken by redlacs. 6 entrants total.
The Silent Age -- MB-AFBDF2BCF540DBFD - Taken by Zeeman. 11 entrants total.

t1440015472z1.png

Until the patch!
I've seen people with 2GB 680 that runs the game like a PowerPoint presentation, I doubt a patch would fix that much.
And that's different than any other graphics card how? ;)
Hey when I played it with my 4GB 770, the framerate is pretty stable (when locked ofc).980Ti also runs fine.

I doubt I'd return to it after the patches are out, game was such a disappointment.

im not :T
g r o s s
r
o
s
s

Hektor

Mmh, from whative played so far, i probably wont like Type-0.

Aside from the camera, its not neccessarly bad or anything, it just suffers the same downsides every handheld action game kinda suffers, like the small areas.

I didnt really liked peace walker HD for the same reason.

lol Ozium is pleased.
  • theHunter: Primal
  • A Story About My Uncle
  • Godus
  • Overture
  • Sudeki
  • Of Guards And Thieves
  • Lemma
  • The Silent Age
  • Hero of the Kingdom II
  • The Sun and Moon

Thats a pretty good bundle.

Still wondering what the definitive version will be on PC. They said that was coming, but we already have a GOTY edition. I can't imagine the models being that much better.

I imagine it will at most be like the ini tweaks already available. Upped texture resolution would be nice. The thing that pulls me out of it is Corvo not having a shadow. It'd be pretty cool if he had correct shadows as he ran around the rooftops. I really noticed it in the electric room at the Golden Cat - a huge spotlight with silhouettes on the wall and no change when I walk in front of the light.

Just finished Tales of the Borderlands episode 4. Good god, this episode's big action sequence was a goddamn riot.

Also, bought that bundle for theHunter, The Silent Age, and A Story About My Uncle.

L.O.R.D

to receive the dota items you have to open your armory in the game to get them
and you can't sell them now , you have to wait till 2nd September.

Dr Dogg

By the time I've downloaded Type-0 it will be the 2nd September. Can't imagine downloading the BLOPs III beta and MGS5 are going to pleasant experiences either.

By the time I've downloaded Type-0 it will be the 2nd September. Can't imagine downloading the BLOPs III beta and MGS5 are going to pleasant experiences either.

How big? Biggest I've downloaded was either Resident Evil 6 or Metal Gear Rising. They took days.

Final Fantasy XIII was like 60 GBs or some bullshit, so I didn't bother.

Vuze

Yeah, it sucks that there'll be no preload (for MGSV) :/
No idea what's the problem...

Dr Dogg

Well Left4Dead characters may be teased in Zombie Army Trilogy that Dusk posted a bit earlier. Coinkydink? Left4Dead 3 would be rad.

How big? Biggest I've downloaded was either Resident Evil 6 or Metal Gear Rising. They took days.

Final Fantasy XIII was like 60 GBs or some bullshit, so I didn't bother.

Hahaha nah my internet conmnection is really bad at the mo and is at some of the lowest speeds I've experienced in about 10 years. Started to download Type-0 about 26 hours ago and it's still saying 4 hours to go.

Yeah, it sucks that there'll be no preload :/
No idea what's the problem...

I'm going to have to hide for a week to avoid spoilers probably.

I
Hey when I played it with my 4GB 770, the framerate is pretty stable (when locked ofc).980Ti also runs fine.

I doubt I'd return to it after the patches are out, game was such a disappointment.

Salsashark said it just chugs for him -- I thought he had a reasonable videocard too...

it DOES include both DLC packs, new daily challenges, and an artbook tho

That would explain a price difference, though here in NA, I do not see a price or a buy button yet.

The DLC on PSN is $5.98, so I guess subtract that from the total and see if it's the same price on PSN -- though I'm sure there will be people who will go with the "oh, I didn't want the DLC, fuck you for forcing it on me, will wait for a bundle."

Hatoful ISP.

Well Left4Dead characters may be teased in Zombie Army Trilogy that Dusk posted a bit earlier. Coinkydink? Left4Dead 3 would be rad.

If by rad you mean "pretty much more of the same", then I don't think you'll be disappointed.

yuraya

Looks like MGSV won't have preload option on Steam. At least that is what people are saying in the steam discussion forums.

Almost want to make a thread about it, but really not in the mood for a "witty" first post and the inevitable amount of cynicism and snark usually found in Valve threads.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
how didfferent is the redux version of metro last light compared to original last light ? graphically and gameplay wise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom