• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

I think. I caught on to Her Story too early.

I didn't even get through 50% of the db before getting to the ending. Probably because
I guessed really early in about her potentially having multiple personality disorder or dissociative identity disorder,
and focused so much on that aspect of the tags that it streamlined me.

Clever game. Like I'm pleasantly surprised by it, after not initially enjoying it so much.

Looks like MGSV won't have preload option on Steam. At least that is what people are saying in the steam discussion forums.

That is ridiculous and will hopefully probably change. Otherwise I'm requesting a refund from BernardoOne. Not sure the game size, but I'm probably fucked for playing the first few days. My speeds are shit.

Good news is I probably don't have to take time off now.

Awful design if it holds.

So I'm about 6 hours into the Last Dream expansion, World Unknown.

Just as good as the original game. Seems a bit more focused in terms of plot, even with a (seemingly) larger gameworld. I've already gone through several towns, battled through a couple optional paths and am really getting into the meat of the storyline. I've already come across a 10-level deep "superdungeon", and there's apparently an arena (one of my favorite parts of LD1) in the next city I'm visiting.

yuraya

buGh9KL.jpg

So looks like you can preload a little bit early (maybe) on launch day. What he wrote doesn't make sense?

Fucking modern day hipsters and their twitters. I don't get it.

Also there is a MGSV spoiler thread in gaming side...

Watch out SteamGAF >_>

Salsa

finished ep 2. warren fuckin sucks and no one ever mentioned how we didnt watch any planet of the apes movie marathon

go to hell Warren

also still sided with the majority on pretty much every decision according to the percentages so the game isnt really doing a good job with em

Pachimari

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Madridista, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

A Story About My Uncle -- MB-635164E700C9B1C3 - Taken by gurm3n. 7 entrants total.
Godus -- MB-14CDBFB1910C42F2 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.

t1440009292z1.png

Vuze

To clarify, once the game unlocks in New Zealand its general release state will change to preloadonly, so most people will be able to pre-load at least some of the game.
So that means we can 'preload' starting 9/1 midnight New Zealand time? Eh, I guess a few hours (I think it's 10 in my case) are better than none

L4D3 announcement at PAX; releasing this year; VR mode with Vive confirmed

What's fishy about this is, it would have a really short beta period or none at all. Considering this will be Valve's first proper game on Source 2, that sounds like a risk. And they do like their betas. Could be just a small experience with L4D3 releasing next year. We'll see.

Salsa

How come there's only ONE Kingdom Rush game on Steam.
sleeping.gif

theyre working on ports of the other ones. Im friends with the guys at ironhide

theyre just working on other cool stuff too

also gonna play against the studio on Rocket League soon and need a couple gaffers on my team to do 3v3

buGh9KL.jpg

So looks like you can preload a little bit early (maybe) on launch day. What he wrote doesn't make sense?

Fucking modern day hipsters and their twitters. I don't get it.

Also there is a MGSV spoiler thread in gaming side...

Watch out SteamGAF >_>

"No preload" is pretty common practice? Ok guy.

Chariot

finished ep 2. warren fuckin sucks and no one ever mentioned how we didnt watch any planet of the apes movie marathon

go to hell Warren

also still sided with the majority on pretty much every decision according to the percentages so the game isnt really doing a good job with em
Brother

Salsa

they really should have named their tragic character better and not make me think of her as a south park sibling

dont be so gloomy kate your dad is lorde yayaya

go to hell Warren

Dont speak to my waifu like that!

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
MGSV spoiler thread just started and journalists are doing their review event thing at Konami, look out for spoilers everyone!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I followed this certain...agitator...for privacy's sake let's call her...Saoirse R. No, that's too obvious...uuuh, let's say S. Ronan.

Warren does seem like a follower rather than a leader.

So that means we can 'preload' starting 9/1 midnight New Zealand time? Eh, I guess a few hours (I think it's 10 in my case) are better than none

I'll be able to pre-load for one whole hour! Which would actually be enough time if I were already on fibre.

Nzyme32

I'll be able to pre-load for one whole hour! Which would actually be enough time if I were already on fibre.

Just be glad they were smart enough (at least last time) to makes sure they didn't bundle the different language versions into the same download.

Kyougar

Warren does seem like a follower rather than a leader.

he will be the mastermind in the end. Max and Warren battle in the eye of the storm, flying like DBZ for the fate of the Universe.
Warren had the rewind option for a thousend years and he is still searching for a way to get out of the friendzone. these thousend years warrened, erh weren't kind to his psyche and he became the ultimate evil.

Lain

The story of your uncle Bob playing Sudoku.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sudeki -- MB-DF4D59BF5B135DB8 - Taken by yoshizzle. 4 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-1A0063E05D757865 - Taken by TheLight. 5 entrants total.

t1440010792z1.png

Velocity 2X available now http://store.steampowered.com/app/337180/

header.jpg

Not sure if making it more expensive on Steam than PSN is such a great idea.

This game will be perfect either 75% off or in a bundle.

Nzyme32

The 1% includes most of us.

Oh crap. What constitutes the 1%....

yea, aren't like 60% of all steam users inactive or whatever

There was a stat from the first Ars Technica crawl of data. As of April 2014 -

This universe of about 172 million Steam Community pages in our valid sampling range is significantly larger than the 75 million active Steam users Valve cites as of January. There are a number of potential reasons for such a discrepancy: old user pages that are no longer counted as “active” by Valve, accounts that are created then abandoned without buying a game, or users that create multiple accounts for instance. Whatever the reason, we’ve found that multiplying out our results across the entire sample space of 171,340,250 valid Steam Community IDs (as of March 30) generates more accurate sales estimates, as described below.

MUnited83

For you.
I know several people in real life with damn great expensive builds but only like 15 games on Steam lol(and mostly CS GO, CS:S Abd DayZ played the most)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom