• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Yup, according to my stats you need ~180 games to be in top 1%.

Most steam users has less than 4 (paid) games.

Less than 500 users have 5000 or more.

Wait what? I'm the 1% ???
I don't even try. I only buy bundles when they have games I actually want to play and yet I have 239.

YOU TURNED ME INTO A MONSTER STEAMGAF!

Salsa

E8MKVto.png

Happy-Dean-supernatural-17876753-392-352.gif

kudos to JaseC for directing me to a very nice gaffer that lives in Korea that hooked me up with those :D

celebrating disease

if I told you that A Story About My Uncle gives me major Mind Path to Thalamus vibes would you call me crazy or agree with me? Mind you, I haven't touched ASAMU, just going off what ive seen

Lomax

Might as well just buy the bundle. It is, indeed, a killer one.

Eh, nothing else in the bundle that I don't have that I really want At 75% off Sudeki would only be $1.50. It's not like Sudeki is super high on my want list, it's just one of those "pick it up cheap eventually" games I'm curious about, but for some reason on Steam it only ever goes to 50% off.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
decided I might as well play ep 3 now

did max just seriously tell warren to "bubble hearth and youll be fine"

warren is playing WoW in 2015

ffs fuck warren even more

Life is Strange takes place in 2013. Also tons of the memes they use kinda also give it away.

EDIT: The peak of meme culture tbh.

donny2112

Life is Strange takes place in 2013. Also tons of the memes they use kinda also give it away.

EDIT: The peak of meme culture tbh.

Interesting. Haven't played it, yet, but that does mean that it would be a good idea to pick it up sooner rather than later when stuff still makes sense.

Jawmuncher

MGS games are the best because of their cutscenes. No matter how random and convoluted. Bring it on Kojima. This is your swan song. Unload your brand of cutscenes on me.

He already said that is taking a step back this time. So while they're probably still there. Don't expect crazy length cutscenes like MGS4.

As far as I know, only 12 users have 5,000 games or more.

I used to be in the top 100, but I stopped buying a lot of bundles and got pretty quickly overtaken. My measly 3,121 games puts me in 276th place now.
I'm 268th place apparently. Over 3,150 games in less than 4 years seems pretty good to me though. I remember a year or so ago when another list was being used I was higher up and once astats came along alot of people got bumped down a notch or two.

He already said that is taking a step back this time. So while they're probably still there. Don't expect crazy length cutscenes like MGS4.
I sadly read about that. MGS4's were really weird at the first hours of the game but man did the style grow on me and at the end I just loved every single minute.

L.O.R.D

CMy_BWxWwAAJ8mL.jpg

what about speed ?
i still remember having RIMM memory in my first PC in 2001
RIMM memory was new thing ( was there DDR memory back then ? )

Having a productive week.
Finished TW3 (only took 3 months) and Wolfenstein ToB (very fun ride just like TNO).
My brother bought Type 0 so that will be next, along with Metro LL Redux. Looking forward to playing it in Ranger mode.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

It wouldn't be too difficult to write a script that compares the "GetAppList" API (which returns every store AppID) with the "GetOwnedGames" API. That would give you a list of apps you were "missing" although I don't think the GetAppList API includes DLC.

Then you could scrape the store page or each for the relevant SubID for each game, then call the relevant XHR to add each one to your cart.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, but it's certainly possible. The end result would likely be your cart page throwing an error message.

Had some good fun with Expert and Soma in KF2. They are very high-level but I still feel I held my own at a measly Level 1 Commando. Might change class though.

DadG6uJ.gif

The slow-mo is so sweet for them precision headshots. Love the dismemberment. Bullet sounds are just audio-sex in slow-mo.

g4xVUhE.gif

Not sure but it felt like I gave terry the final blow. First ever match I survived through the boss. Boy is he a lame bulletsponge. They need to change that.

Holy shit, Konami games coming to GOG

Silent Hill 2-4 digital release tomorrow?
Also Microsoft (Age of Empires 1? Midtown Madness) and Bethesda (uhh, Terminator?)

Microsoft was one of the Big 3 that GOG was missing for a long time, as far as Classic publishers went. That would be a really good get for them.

With both MS and Konami on board, I wonder if that raises the chances for the PC version of Metal Gear Solid 1.

Really random question - what program do you recomend for PC recording stuff, whether that's the desktop, games or whatever?
Shadowplay if you have Nvidia card. Some drawbacks like full capture (overlay stuff) unlike Fraps game-only capture ability (cleaner). Love the feature that records the last 5mins immensely (adjustable length too!).

Backlogger

Had some good fun with Expert and Soma in KF2. They are very high-level but I still feel I held my own at a measly Level 1 Commando. Might change class though.

http://i.imgur.com/DadG6uJ.gif

The slow-mo is so sweet for them precision headshots. Love the dismemberment. Bullet sounds are just audio-sex in slow-mo.

http://i.imgur.com/g4xVUhE.gif

Not sure but it felt like I gave terry the final blow. First ever match I survived through the boss. Boy is he a lame bulletsponge. They need to change that.

I need to get this game. Maybe for my birthday

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It wouldn't be too difficult to write a script that compares the "GetAppList" API (which returns every store AppID) with the "GetOwnedGames" API. That would give you a list of apps you were "missing" although I don't think the GetAppList API includes DLC.

Then you could scrape the store page or each for the relevant SubID for each game, then call the relevant XHR to add each one to your cart.

I'm not sure why you'd want to do that, but it's certainly possible. The end result would likely be your cart page throwing an error message.

I discovered during the Summer Sale that my bank declines Steam transactions if the total exceeds AUD$100, anyway, meaning that even if such a script actually worked I'd have to split up the cart, which would be unlikely to save me time compared to just combing through the list of games myself. I don't know if the limit is set in stone (I would assume I could have it raised given some games on the AU store do exceed AUD$100 thanks to how awful the AUD has been for some time now), but it's no big issue at the moment since I've not needed to buy a single item that's >$100.

GaussTek

Just finished planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~, and... I cried ;_;

However, the first part was soo boring, but it got much better towards the end. Also, I think I was expecting something like a little more mind-blowing, but I guess that games like 999 and VLR have really spoiled me :p

Overall, a pretty nice kinetic VN.

Jawmuncher

Just finished planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~, and... I cried ;_;

However, the first part was soo boring, but it got much better towards the end. Also, I think I was expecting something like a little more mind-blowing, but I guess that games like 999 and VLR have really spoiled me :p

Overall, a pretty nice kinetic VN.

Yep it starts a little slow but really does grow on you by the end.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
i didn't have many issues with the game outside of rpgmaker annoyances, but it would be nice if it the story was a bit tighter

like, i'm not a fan at all of the
vegas section

but that's about it for me

I really liked ASM on my first playthrough of the game, but I ended up not liking it as much after I had played through it for a second time. It became fairly obvious which choices mattered and which were completely meaningless, and it was easy to cheat the system to earn more money, at least around the game's launch. It was still an okay game, though.

Holy shit, Konami games coming to GOG

Silent Hill 2-4 digital release tomorrow?
Also Microsoft (Age of Empires 1? Midtown Madness) and Bethesda (uhh, Terminator?)

Doesn't Bethesda own the rights to Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth? It would be nice to own a version of that game without having to put up with multiple game-breaking glitches.

Dr Dogg

Eh I'll take no preload (well for NZ anyways) and day and date with the consoles than a preload but releases 2 weeks later which was probably the case with MGS5.

Hatoful ISP.

And yet my ISP has only 2 payment bands (1 for ADSL, 1 for fibre) so while there are others in the country getting 10 times the bandwidth as me, we pay the same. Daylight bloody robbery.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Adding a few new market features. I know this is a common frustration for a lot of people, so I'm sure it'll get some use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom