• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... Like all the Souls games?

Sure, with some varied changes to core systems.
(Probably more core mechanics change between Souls games than changed between L4D and L4D2, but still a fair point.)

He was much worse after launch and it'll get easier when they introduce more heavy weapons and explosives.

The only thing I've found that does any sort of reliable damage to him is unloading the full support backed AA12 ammo count into him... that will usually bring him (with others chipping in) into the red glow on normal, but nowhere near that broken almost dead phase that follows... and then you're out of ammo.

I would guess that maybe the Berserker could do decent damage to him at higher levels, but in my limited low level experience the reward was not worth the risk in terms of damage to potential death -- where you could usually chain 3-4 alt attacks with the sledge hammer to drop a skrake or a pounder, they just seem to bounce right off Scary Terry.

Microsoft was one of the Big 3 that GOG was missing for a long time, as far as Classic publishers went. That would be a really good get for them.

With both MS and Konami on board, I wonder if that raises the chances for the PC version of Metal Gear Solid 1.

I'd buy it... if Konami puts it on Steam eventually.
I'm also still dying to see them put up Hard Corps. Uprising.
I'd also buy all the Silent Hill games they see fit to publish on Steam as well.

If, like the Star Wars Tie Fighter games, this is a first step, then I praise them getting on GMG.

Yeah. I thought it was pretty good. Could have gone on a bit longer, though.

No... just no...
It wore out its welcome for me long before the game was finished.

A story about my Uncle is a really nice experience so far.

It turns rather quickly for the worse, IMO... once you pass the village, it started showing major flaws -- finicky jumps/grapples, hard to decipher grapple points/directions, and just ridiculously "skilled" sections that were more a "I have to get lucky" than "I have to #gitgud".

I was very glad to see it end and I do not plan on going back to try any of the achievement challenges for it, at this point. It was a very pretty game in terms of the environments and the core mechanics had a lot of potential... I just thought they failed to executed as the game moved forward.

Adding a few new market features. I know this is a common frustration for a lot of people, so I'm sure it'll get some use.

You are a true mensch.

When you guys start up GODUS, and you will, you will smile.

0xOVAU4.gif

Dsyndrome

Holy shit, Konami games coming to GOG

Silent Hill 2-4 digital release tomorrow?
Also Microsoft (Age of Empires 1? Midtown Madness) and Bethesda (uhh, Terminator?)

Cross-post from GOG thread:

My thoughts:

- I could see Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth coming from Bethesda, fits with old game now owned by Bethesda.
- For Microsoft, I would say the Myth games by Bungie, but I know they don't own Bungie anymore, not sure about who owns the Myth games.
- For SSI, my hope is Veil of Darkness, an old isometric vampire adventure/RPG; most likely General games though.
- Konami: Shadow of Destiny, old licensed TMNT/Simpsons games? (probably not on the latter)
- Namco-Bandai: my only guess is Pacman.

So I got the Killer Bundle 4 today. I was about to play ASAMU no problem. I go to play Overture and whenever I open it, it shows a faded version of the start screen and the music plays, but I can't do anything. When I take a screen shot, it isn't faded. One time I pressed random buttons and suddenly got to class select, but I couldn't do anything there. I checked the forums and didn't see anything about a bug like this. I got a new laptop yesterday if that might be the problem if I don't have something installed that I need. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Ozium

They are saying that you can start playing it as soon as it is September 1st in New Zealand - which is August 31st 10am PT, or 18pm UK time

In theory, for those of us with an okay connection, we could be playing it earlier than the console releases. Bizarre way to do it

but then his latest tweet says "you can download it on 9/1"

even konami's tweets are confusing

zkylon

zkylewd
I really liked ASM on my first playthrough of the game, but I ended up not liking it as much after I had played through it for a second time. It became fairly obvious which choices mattered and which were completely meaningless, and it was easy to cheat the system to earn more money, at least around the game's launch. It was still an okay game, though.
yeah, maybe

the story turned out pretty perfect for me so i didn't feel like going through it again, it was one of the most personally relevant games i've ever played so "okay game" kind of offensive haha

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cross-post from GOG thread:

My thoughts:

- I could see Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth coming from Bethesda, fits with old game now owned by Bethesda.
- For Microsoft, I would say the Myth games by Bungie, but I know they don't own Bungie anymore, not sure about who owns the Myth games.
- For SSI, my hope is Veil of Darkness, an old isometric vampire adventure/RPG; most likely General games though.
- Konami: Shadow of Destiny, old licensed TMNT/Simpsons games? (probably not on the latter)
- Namco-Bandai: my only guess is Pacman.

Take-Two owns Myth. It had invested in Bungie prior to the company joining Microsoft's stable, so as part of the buyout deal it was given Myth and Oni. That's why the third game didn't involve Bungie at all.

Grief.exe

Silent Hill 2-4. The dream.

Take-Two owns Myth. It had invested in Bungie prior to the company becoming the property of Microsoft, so as part of buyout the deal it was given Myth and Oni. That's why the third game didn't involve Bungie at all.

I've never played either of those games, but I'd like to give them a try. Come on game preservation.

Salsa

still debating that bundle

only thing that really interests me is The Sun & the Moon

already have and played through A Story About My Uncle

I guess Lemma looks kinda cool..

iosefe

i'm in the middle of the [UNCLE SPOILERS]
ice caverns, after having started my way "out" but actually further in. just repaired my boots

i can understand the complaints

zkylon

zkylewd
story about my uncle isn't bad at all, it's just so short it kind of pulls you out right before it can even go somewhere

it's a harmless little game, not too boring but not too exciting either

Dsyndrome

Take-Two owns Myth. It had invested in Bungie prior to the company joining Microsoft's stable, so as part of the buyout deal it was given Myth and Oni. That's why the third game didn't involve Bungie at all.

Now I'm going to spend time this week trying to get the old disc games working on Win 10. I've got the Total Codex but never beat more than the first mission in The Fallen Lords.

If I've got any obsession with PC gaming, it's future compatibility and verification of said compatibility. I spend more time on that than actually playing the games.

So I got the Killer Bundle 4 today. I was about to play ASAMU no problem. I go to play Overture and whenever I open it, it shows a faded version of the start screen and the music plays, but I can't do anything. When I take a screen shot, it isn't faded. One time I pressed random buttons and suddenly got to class select, but I couldn't do anything there. I checked the forums and didn't see anything about a bug like this. I got a new laptop yesterday if that might be the problem if I don't have something installed that I need. Anyone know what could be causing this?

Adding to this post:

It seems I am able to do actions in the game, but I don't see them unless I alt-tab out and back in. So I slowly did this to get to the settings and made it windowed mode, and now it seems to be working. Anyone know why the game won't work in fullscreen mode?

Edit: Turning vertical sync on made it work. I don't know what that is, but whatever.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Viktor -- MB-CF9DC4C889EAD032 - Taken by rainking187

Salsa

off topic but it got talked about here so; Pac-Man 256 (by hipster whale, crossy road devs) is out on iphone/android

its pretty good

L.O.R.D

FF T0 run like shit on my laptop , i had to lower everything to normal to get 30 FPS
sometimes i get 26-28 FPS

i can run it in the emulator with render resolution 6X PSP and upscale 4X and anisotropic filter 16X and i wont see any single frame drop

FF T0 run like shit on my laptop , i had to lower everything to normal to get 30 FPS
sometimes i get 26-28 FPS

i can run it in the emulator with render resolution 6X PSP and upscale 4X and anisotropic filter 16X and i wont see any single frame drop
Yeah, I had that issue with turning some options to high.

Switching to normal makes everything run smoothly for me though.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I use Open Broadcaster Software. Free and works decently.

Funny story, I actually used OBS to record a final project video in a really roundabout way.

I wrote myself lines and sourced them, then found images for each relevant point. I highlighted each image-relevant section, then recorded the audio for the monologue in audacity. Any time I screwed up I stopped the recording and added another track. My gf helped me stitch the audio together. Exported the audio to a wav file, numbered the images and loaded them up in picasa. Started the recording on OBS via hotkey, swapped to the picasa slideshow, started the audio in another window (using a title screen image as the first slide to buy time and explain the silence), and manually switched images in the slideshow in time with the audio by referencing my color-highlighted script.

It was the least sensible way to avoid using a video editing software, but it was an interesting experience and I got high marks so I was happy.

Ozium

peter-molyneux-awkward.gif

GOAT-us

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ozium, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

GODUS -- MB-B59B5552ABC326B8 - Taken by Bayonetta. 6 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-C429368149CA8703 - Taken by Lolcomin. 1 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-C02D5EA3206A931E - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
Crimsonland -- MB-B9C19751C6223C20 - Taken by ExoSoul. 2 entrants total.

t1440028253z1.png

Marow

I just finished Neptunia Rebirth 1 and it was actually pretty fun. I'm surprised by how much flak this franchise gets. Is it just because of the supposedly awful debut game on PS3, or? The series seems to have evolved quite a lot since.

How's Rebirth 2?

Funny story, I actually used OBS to record a final project video in a really roundabout way.

I wrote myself lines and sourced them, then found images for each relevant point. I highlighted each image-relevant section, then recorded the audio for the monologue in audacity. Any time I screwed up I stopped the recording and added another track. My gf helped me stitch the audio together. Exported the audio to a wav file, numbered the images and loaded them up in picasa. Started the recording on OBS via hotkey, swapped to the picasa slideshow, started the audio in another window (using a title screen image as the first slide to buy time and explain the silence), and manually switched images in the slideshow in time with the audio by referencing my color-highlighted script.

It was the least sensible way to avoid using a video editing software, but it was an interesting experience and I got high marks so I was happy.

That's actually kind of impressive. I love OBS myself but I never thought of trying to do a project with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom