• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
cause any other method is infinitely more practical, reliable and durable

Yeeeeeep.

I mean, I get the appeal of physical( i go physical as much as possible on consoles), but on PC it already has very few advantages at all even if it's a actual official physical game(assuming steamworks game), but at least it's understandable to get those. But going out of your way to print and burn dvds for games you bought digitally.... it just sounds hella weird. It's just a lot of work and cost for no benefit. The money you would waste on printing a cover and burning dvds would be way more than enough to get HDDs that would hold all the games you wanted to back up, while being 100 times more practical to use for actual backup purposes, wasting a 1/100th of the physical space discs would, with the added bonus of not working your dvd drive to death, while also being several times more reliable(disc backups can often go quite wrong and unreliable)

L.O.R.D

Yeah, but I don't backup all of my games. Selected RPG titles only.
Having a discs showcase in my room is also nice.
Good luck back up FF xiii
i still remember how people imagined how many discs for the Xbox360 version

Final-Fantasy-XIII-box-set-618x554-e1265144126334.jpg

Even though this PC masterrace shit is going on, we still have some fanboyism when it comes to PS4-Xbox One and last generation PS3-Xbox 360...
I always find it hilarious when console fans get mad when someone says that they like to play the "best" version on PC, then go on and laugh when the Xbox One runs worse or has lower resolution...

Discs are still the cheapest physical media, though, right? I'm sure everyone would love the saved space if games came on USB sticks, but that would probably be way too expensive to do.

Had no clue I was supposed to use certain weapons as a certain class in Killing Floor 2 for max XP boni.
Was commando but used medic smg all the time. Ended up being level 2 on both now lol
Changed my class to medic proper now. Flashlight + larger mag sizes are too good.

W2ckdct.gif

9fnYCQb.gif

Salsa

yeah need to give KF2 another try eventually

didnt run that well actually but it felt like texture streaming and such so it might be my HDD

need to move it to the SSD once im done with The Witcher 3

Salsa

Running from HDD here. No troubles whatsoever with loading/pop-up/-in. Maybe it got patched.

oh, my hard drive is kinda shot to shit. That's what I meant

been giving me issues for a while and its a 5400rpm drive anyway

all bigger games seem to run noticeably worse on it, and I dont mean just the loading so its not just an HDD to SSD situation

Salsa

any drive heatlh software tells me its a-ok. it just seems to have gotten slower

no click of death sound or anything so its not like incoming doom, just need to get a proper 7200rpm one for gaming already. cant afford another SSD where I live

When I got my SSD new, I installed games there. Tried out on my HDD a while after and didn't notice anything. Not worth it for me. Gaming wise.
Anything else though... :eek:

When I got my SSD new, I installed games there. Tried out on my HDD a while after and didn't notice anything. Not worth it for me. Gaming wise.
Anything else though... :eek:

It's great for games that are constantly streaming off the HD. Once I put SWTOR on the same SSD as windows, the difference was night and day. For other games the difference is minimal.

Salsa

biggest difference on SSD for me was definetly stuff like Battlefield 3 / 4 and online shooters

just loads the map and connects to the game way way faster. always the first one waiting for the others

specially since it used battlelog and had to relaunch the game to get in the match

iosefe

Actually logged or just tried to? I saw somebody else in my activity feed complaining about someone in Ukraine trying to login on his account as well.

it got as far as needing a steamguard number.

i got two sets of those emails 3 hours apart

needless to say, passwords be changed

Salsa

how good does it feel when you go to beard papa's for some creampuffs and when you get back you have idled 30 cards...

PXc4R0w.jpg

been thinkin about going against my gut and get into idling again

I already fucked my gameplay tracking once (what made me stop in the first place) sooo..

I still really wish Valve will let us reset game stats in the future. some crazy folk would probably like to re-do achievements and it would fix the gameplay stats track issues. dont see any downside as for them to not implement it

phantom pain dried me up even tho I got it cheap. dont think ill have real money for games for a while

30 cards at once sure sounds good enough to go back

I reset my in-game stats for TF2 a long time ago and regretted it ever since. (My top kill stats were messed up due to an instant respawn CTB map and it was killing me to see such impossible records in the stats.)

Stat resets: not even once.
how good does it feel when you go to beard papa's for some creampuffs and when you get back you have idled 30 cards...

PXc4R0w.jpg

Do you idle people actually break even on card profits? Unless you're paying less than a dollar per game you'll be losing money for the most part.

And, of course, anime cards are an aberration.

MUnited83

For you.
6 players all-time peak
Players in the last two weeks: 0 - 0 (0.00%)
Needs moar Salsa

However decided to release this thing at 19.99$ made a terrible, terrible decision. Had they priced it at like 5 dollars with trading cards I think it would have sold decently (decently for this kind of game that is)

MUnited83

For you.
I reset my in-game stats for TF2 a long time ago and regretted it ever since. (My top kill stats were messed up due to an instant respawn CTB map and it was killing me to see such impossible records in the stats.)

Stat resets: not even once.

Do you idle people actually break even on card profits? Unless you're paying less than a dollar per game you'll be losing money for the most part.

And, of course, anime cards are an aberration.
With some Indie Gala bundles I'm paying like 9 cents per game thanks to Happy Hour lol. Not only I break even on those, I even make profit! Not that I necessarily need to, I just think of it has a bonus to fund future purchase even if it doesn't make the money back.My whole summer sale was funded only by the sale of only the duplicate cards I had. Got around 50-60 games with that.
And even without IndieGala Happy Hour ridiculousness, the great majority of bundles still put the games at less than 1$ each.

Salsa

I swear I gave every possible REJECT WARREN dialogue option on this game except going to the cinema with him cause fuck it we're friends

yet everyone in this game acts as if we are a couple or hooking up or going on a date

fuck this game

warren inevitable dating sim

you already know who im romancin

gonna break warren's little heart ralph wiggum style the first chance I get

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

PXc4R0w.jpg

moKU9In.gif

I was thinking of adding an "automatically sell idled cards on the market" feature to Idle Master. Would more or less automate the whole process of turning your unplayed games into Gaben Dollars

zkylon

zkylewd
I swear I gave every possible REJECT WARREN dialogue option on this game except going to the cinema with him cause fuck it we're friends

yet everyone in this game acts as if we are a couple or hooking up or going on a date

fuck this game

warren inevitable dating sim

you already know who im romancin

gonna break warren's little heart ralph wiggum style the first chance I get

it's so sad seeing you use english simpsons names just to fit in

have some dignity ffs

I've read your tumblr.
This is true.
well that's fancy zky writing

this is lazy zky writing

Salsa

moKU9In.gif

I was thinking of adding an "automatically sell idled cards on the market" feature to Idle Master. Would more or less automate the whole process of turning your unplayed games into Gaben Dollars

dude wtf do this yesterday

automatically sell at lowest buy ticket price

im theeeereee

it's so sad seeing you use english simpsons names just to fit in

have some dignity ffs

well that's fancy zky writing

this is lazy zky writing

it aint trying to fit in dude its not making this thread a page longer cause of people askin who the heck is RAFA GORGORI

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
dude wtf do this yesterday

automatically sell at lowest buy ticket price

im theeeereee

Well right now I'm focusing on the next release of Enhanced Steam (should be this weekend hopefully) and that will simplify that experience a bit - selling cards will only take two clicks.

After that's done I'm planning on putting some time in with Idle Master and adding a few new features.

Oh. Carry on, then.

I suppose with Steam's unprecedented release schedule bundle culture makes more sense than ever nowadays.

It's a bit of a worry really. I deliberately didn't buy games on my wishlist like The Silent Age as I thought it was going to be bundled, same with Fotonica, Neverending Nightmares, Hook, Steam Marines etc...

There's also plenty of stuff on my wishlist I'm pretty sure will be bundled like Monocroma, Please Don't Touch Anything, Reverse Side, Highlands, Habitat, Roundabout and the like. At some point the bundle market is going to completely saturate and implode, but until it does I'm happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom