• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.O.R.D

my friend tried to troll me that he have MGSV on Xbox

CMjCoy5UAAAHZuA.jpg

this is totally fake , MGSV is not Xbox exclusive

Backlogger

I love how theHunter Primal has a test post in their launcher from at least 2 months ago.

Very professional!

Edit: This game is terrible. You can't even jump and the controls are awful in general. Not even Dinosaurs can save this game.

MRORANGE

I fucked up.

The good news is that all the components fit which is the good news, I'm really tempted to not paint it, I like the wooden toy style of the cabinet. buttons have been wired in and work like a charm, have to glue it somehow or add a hinge to easy-swap panels/buttons.

K3qDke0.jpg

The bad news is that I was rewiring the driveboard of the LCD and it manged to touch some live wires :( the board shortciruited and smoke started coming out. I've orderd a new driveboard which is similar but I doubt it will work, if all else fails I'll have to order a new LCD screen :(

x23AQEZ.jpg

To be honest the whole internals was a complete after-thought, for instance I measured spaces for the devices but forgot to measure thtat a HDMI cable will be extending out it slightly, oh well.

Salsa

fucking LMAO at Life is Strange Ep 3 turning the game exactly into
the shitty butterfly effect movie

how can you be this blatant

Sch1sm

You still have better internet than me. :/

I'm changing ISPs soon, so it may even be better
at 100 down and 10 up.
. Fingers crossed. Mine is throttled down to the same as yours, either way! Considering where you're currently at, though, is it too shocking? :p

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
fucking LMAO at Life is Strange Ep 3 turning the game exactly into
the shitty butterfly effect movie

how can you be this blatant

The game take stuff from Twin Peaks, Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect and some other stuff. It was mentioned by the developers as well. If you didnt research the game instead of just following the gaf hype I guess you shouldnt have followed the hype.

LiS = GOTY2015

Salsa

The game take stuff from Twin Peaks, Donnie Darko, Butterfly Effect and some other stuff. It was mentioned by the developers as well. If you didnt research the game instead of just following the gaf hype I guess you shouldnt have followed the hype.

LiS = GOTY2015

lololol

dude what

it's one thing to take inspiration, it's another thing to follow the exact same part of the plot beat by beat and introduce it in the last fuckin 15 minutes of the episode out of the blue. the same exact thing that happens in the movie happens here, and it tried to play it off as serious / original

I called the "reveal" before it happened cause I already thought it was taking way too much "inspiration" and then bwahah

I also don't get your point. I don't hate the game, im just critizicing what I dont like, like anyone does. I didnt follow anything and I just got it before ep 2 came out cause it seemed interesting. Idk how reading what the devs say about the game should have any impact on my experience with it

L.O.R.D

Because it would be a pain to download the games all over again if I want to play them in the future. And hardisks are expensive.
That's why. :/

actually , external HDD are cheaper , for $90 you can get 2 TB external HDD

but getting discs that can hold 2 TB of data will cost more , and that without printing and cases

Vazra

I also don't get your point. I don't hate the game, im just critizicing what I dont like, like anyone does. I didnt follow anything and I just got it before ep 2 came out cause it seemed interesting. Idk how reading what the devs say about the game should have any impact on my experience with it

You would know what to expect of the game than just following the hype. Nothing more to get about it.

actually , external HDD are cheaper , for $90 you can get 2 TB external HDD

but getting discs that can hold 2 TB of data will cost more , and that without printing and cases

Yeah, but I don't backup all of my games. Selected RPG titles only.
Having a discs showcase in my room is also nice.

Salsa

You would know what to expect of the game than just following the hype. Nothing more to get about it.

if a game says it takes inspiration from Star Wars should I just assume / expect the antagonist to be the main character's father?

and again; I didnt follow any hype. I got it a few days after it came out.

I know LiS has some relentless defense force that would even defend the worst dialogue but don't be silly. I thought this bit was hilarious and unoriginal and that's that.

gonna play ep 4

Dsyndrome

Speaking of LiS and spoilerificness musings for Eps 1-4, does Chloe
die or have the potential to die in every episode? I'm almost thinking it's fate that she's supposed to die, like Final Destination or something. Is Death remaking his grand design despite Max's incessant intrusion?

Vazra

Speaking of LiS and spoilerificness musings for Eps 1-4, does Chloe
die or have the potential to die in every episode? I'm almost thinking it's fate that she's supposed to die, like Final Destination or something. Is Death remaking his grand design despite Max's incessant intrusion?

Lots of people think that actually.

MUnited83

For you.
Because it would be a pain to download the games all over again if I want to play them in the future. And hardisks are expensive.
That's why. :/

I don't know man... i'd understand if they were drm-free copies. But Steam Backups? eeeeeehhhh
As someone who's burned hundreds of dvds in the past, it is much, much more of a pain than downloading. Good lord I do not miss the days of burning dvds in the slightest.
Probably a few would get messed up in the process.
Also, imagine wanting to install like 500 games or something like that. That would be hell with discs.

I guess prices will vary a lot by country, but HDDs are pretty cheap imo( 55 euros for a Terabyte) and is far, far more practical than discs.
Especially if you go out of your way to do like that a disc for each game, with covers and crap. Wasting a DVD for a less than 1GB game, printing covers, etc etc... That just looks like a huge waste of money and space for something that has hardly any benefits. And this is coming from the guy who gets every single +1 he can

Salsa

fuck discs right in the middle hole

"lets just occupy my house with useless hundreds of jewel cases for games I have installed digitally"

you guys are nuts and just making trash to display

no one is doing that for backups

Wanting something physical is understandable as it is more tangible than bits and bytes. Usefulness does vary but I'd wager many who do that don't need to do that because of bad internet.

fertygo

I'm from lameass country with 4MBps speed, but I don't like the idea of back-up your steam game. the digital platform already doing it for me.

Just re-download your thing again if you have urge to play, simple. Also If you download 30+ gig of data, you better play the damn thing.

Ozium

Just played a little bit of TheHunter: PRIMAL and it's surprisingly not that bad...

perhaps the best DINO game on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom