• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

ffs

I told yes to Warren about goin to the movies before I had any idea he was gonna go with another girl

now im all trapped in fuckin WARREN ROMANCE or something

seriously game was real bad at this

let me text him "fuck you go with asian chick stop wasting your time"

other girl keeps being shitty to me about going with Warren instead of her

YOU CAN HAVE HIM gimme a fucking dialogue option ughhhh

talk about player disconnect

Do you idle people actually break even on card profits? Unless you're paying less than a dollar per game you'll be losing money for the most part.

And, of course, anime cards are an aberration.

I bought Nekopara Vol. 0 for 2,99$ and sold the cards for about 1,80$. So the game was actually just 1,20$ or so.

ffs

I told yes to Warren about goin to the movies before I had any idea he was gonna go with another girl

now im all trapped in fuckin WARREN ROMANCE or something

seriously game was real bad at this

let me text him "fuck you go with asian chick stop wasting your time"

other girl keeps being shitty to me about going with Warren instead of her

YOU CAN HAVE HIM gimme a fucking dialogue option ughhhh

talk about player disconnect

That's what you get for choosing Warren... Tsk tsk

moKU9In.gif

I was thinking of adding an "automatically sell idled cards on the market" feature to Idle Master. Would more or less automate the whole process of turning your unplayed games into Gaben Dollars

Isn't that against the TOS cause it's basically automated bot behaviour of sorts?
If it's not, I'm in thurrrr....

Warren is life.

No one bought my FFT0 foil for 75 dollars now it's down to 10ish :( Not that I expected it to go for 75 but hey.

You'll probably see it go for less than $5 depending on how aggressive the other seller(s) is(are) -- not sure what the demand is, but considering the base game cards were going for 0.28+ or so, you have a good shot at getting a few bucks off of it, I'd say.

Kanokare

Isn't that against the TOS cause it's basically automated bot behaviour of sorts?
If it's not, I'm in thurrrr....

You'll probably see it go for less than $5 depending on how aggressive the other seller(s) is(are) -- not sure what the demand is, but considering the base game cards were going for 0.28+ or so, you have a good shot at getting a few bucks off of it, I'd say.

Yeah. It's dropping every time I check XD

iosefe

and now for something completely different

Final Fantasy Portal app is now availabel on android. act now to get a free download of the Original Final Fantasy, but the real draw of the app is...

TRIPLE TRIAD

on your phone. uses a stamina system tho, 5 crystals, on a 30 minute refresh.

ANYWAY.

pick my 4 warriors of light. their job, and their names, limit 6 characters

Soulflarz

Banned
it's sold a million copies in 50 days, it ain't getting discounted any time soon

I've seen it go for like $16.50 in BST, had to ask >_>

*buys a steam copy for college*
aandd back to the grind of neverending rocket league- now in college! (Also yeah enjoy watching me break down in college guys, whoops)

Kanokare

and now for something completely different

Final Fantasy Portal app is now availabel on android. act now to get a free download of the Original Final Fantasy, but the real draw of the app is...

TRIPLE TRIAD

on your phone. uses a stamina system tho, 5 crystals, on a 30 minute refresh.

ANYWAY.

pick my 4 warriors of light. their job, and their names, limit 6 characters

Triple Triad? Downloaddownlaodloaandload.

So I bought Beyond Earth with the sale this past weekend and well, it's alright, but I think Endless Legend is the better game still. Still on my first match though. I hope the expansion improves it.

And I'm definitely looking forward to Endless Space 2. Need to get Gal Civ III sometime as well when it's on sale.

That Shadowrun: Hong Kong OT remineded me to try again Shadowrun: Dragonfall Director's Cut. I didn't get the combat, but I watched some Let's play of the first chapter to get an idea.

Jim, 88% of the reviews are positive. That is not "absolutely filled" with negative reviews. Sure, Steam highlights most helpful reviews, but that is in no way representative of the mainstream opinion, merely the most vocal opinion.

But, yeah, the changes sound pretty bad, embracing a sort of disposability to the heroes that makes the whole campaign feel fruitless. There really should be a balance to keep heroes, rather than inevitably making them all fodder, to give the overall game a better feeling of progress and investment--XCOM would be a good exemplar of this. This is without going into the whole grindy runaround that the gameplay is devolving into. Hopefully the devs realise that the most vocal are not the majority.

Unfortunately I never got Darkest Dungeon exactly due to it being a strategy-leaning Early Access game. There's just so many variables and things that can go wrong, to the point that I'd rather wait for a full release before taking any chances.

Oh, and Jim's point on Early Access curations is a good one. They're but a snapshot in time, like all commentaries on Early Access titles. This is both a saving grace and the worst curse Early Access titles could have--condemned to uncertainty, and thus (for the most part) obscurity.

kevin1025

Banned
Some spare codes from bundles and such:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kevin1025, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Stanley Parable -- MB-95645FB771C17502 - Taken by Blu(e). 4 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II -- MB-E02FE6AE712520AD - Taken by Lolcomin. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Endless Space Emperor Edition -- MB-47AAB2A270C572F7 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-358C97DCD868E297 - Taken by dot. 3 entrants total.
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast -- MB-F93E4F1D8D17D4BE - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.

t1440047873z1.png

Salsa

finished ep 4

probably the best episode story-wise

...and the worst in game mechanics and logic

but ill post in the spoiler thread now that im up to date

So, how this thing works?

Apps idle 9 game before I shut down my computer, now its just 3

It will idle all the games that have less than 2 hours playtime at once (because the cards start to drop after the 2 hours since about 2 months or so) and after that it just idles each game one by one.

Sch1sm

So, yeah, remember when everyone was dissing on Neverending Nightmares?

Humble Bundle redeemed.
Game's still pretty bad, though.

We aren't all that lucky. I installed this today, but I couldn't bring myself to start because I know how slow it is and I'm not currently feeling it.

I'd be happy if it redeemed itself with a foil, though, so I could pick up a better game.

Salsa

k, first night using idle master. gonna leave it while I sleep

liked the "prioritize by card value" option

good job luv

Salsa

RPS on Hong Kong:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/08/20/shadowrun-hong-kong-review/

If this is your first time with the series, you’re in for a merry old time, although I’d still point to the tauter Dragonfall: Director’s Cut as a slightly superior Shadowrun experience. If you’ve been round the neon block a few times already, then Hong Kong’s going to feel pretty familiar despite having a wider and more ostentatious stage than ever before. This might well be what you want, of course, but I’m not entirely sure all those Kickstarter funbucks have been spent quite as effectively as they could have been.

boop boop

also why is jeff gerstmann on it

CMEZf2EXAAAG5RJ.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom