• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little further into Antichamber and it's just not clicking for now. I appreciate what the game is trying to do, but not in the mood for obtuse puzzles. Might come back a little later.

Next up is Space Run. So far so good, but I wish I could pause during a run when shit goes south. Damn asteroids.

No one wants to play Chivalry?

Werk time.

Asgaro

Half Life 3 will release with Windows 13.

Because it has a 3 in it.

MS skipped Win 9 because people would call it "Windows NEIN".

Sadly, they will do the same with Win 13 because 13 is an unlucky number and there are cultures around the world that actually take the whole "13 = gtfo" thing serious.

Pachimari

Yeah, that's worth a lot more than $257 I'd think. Maybe consider selling off the games individually if no one's jumping on the 20 game bundle, and just sell the hardware/miscellanea together.

Yeah you really should sell them individually. At least half of those games should go for $20-25 each.

I now realize what a pain in the ass it is to sell used 3DS games. I haven't even used some of them once. Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and Fantasy Life are for example never used. But people think $20 is way too high a price. I did get an offer of $40 for Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter 4, Ocarina of Time and Fantasy Life. And another offer of $130 for the New Nintendo 3DS + Pokémon Y and Ocarina of Time.

milena87

I tried... I thought it's too boring.
I still don't understand all fuss around it.

I'm glad to find someone else bored with Gears.
Not even co-op could make me like the game. I refused to play 2 and 3; they're supposedly better than 1, but I don't believe it é_é

Spyware

A little further into Antichamber and it's just not clicking for now. I appreciate what the game is trying to do, but not in the mood for obtuse puzzles. Might come back a little later.
Good idea. When I first played it I really disliked it. Definitely didn't understand what people saw in it. Hid the game in my library, thinking I'd never come back. I dunno why I tried again but when I did it totally clicked with me. You really do have to be in the mood for it.

I finished this today and as my first hidden object game it did feel weird that you doing the same rooms multiple times. And yah some the rooms hid thing almost too well. Only mini game I didn't like was that stupid tile game In a cupboard

That cupboard one was a couple of rows too long, I think. It was simple, just time-consuming.

And as your first HOG, it is an exception that there are that many, but usually you will go to each scene twice during the game and only sometimes once. (In Artifex Mundi games, the items that you remove the first time stay gone, which makes sense. In most others, the scene is renewed entirely, because of reasons.)

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (woo and indeed hoo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Freedom Planet - L6P59-E9AYB-XNAV2
Screencheat -- MB-9C834B78FD5EAC95 - Taken by anastef

Dsyndrome

That cupboard one was a couple of rows too long, I think. It was simple, just time-consuming.

And as your first HOG, it is an exception that there are that many, but usually you will go to each scene twice during the game and only sometimes once. (In Artifex Mundi games, the items that you remove the first time stay gone, which makes sense. In most others, the scene is renewed entirely, because of reasons.)

How's the first Nightmares From the Deep compared to other HOG's? First HOG I've played, bought it since I got the bundle earlier, reminds me of mandatory training I have to do annually from the 10 minutes I've put in thus far.

No one wants to play Chivalry?
I'd play, but it's usually Euro time when it's going down / noon here on the West coast, ie work/school time.

Ruruja

All 3 codes are separated by a space.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vanguard Princess Plus Hilda Rize DLC Plus Lilith DLC -- MB-73D259DB03C05166 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 1 entrants total.

t1438614892z1.png

Chariot

Mhm, Regicide is clunky and I really don't like that this is basically the first thing that pops up once I started up the game.

You ain't getting that much data you shouldn't need for an EA game. Time for another refund.

We're still playing. Add me on steam (id in some previous post) or add freshVeggie or Atraveller
Tried to join, but kinda weird.

Server doesn't appear in friends section, can't click on join game either as it isn't highlighted. Given the server name and it doesn't show up on the server list.

Okay, I still have one more method, using the '~' key to input an IP address to join a game...

Steam says Atraveller and freshVeggie both aren't playing in any server and therefore I cannot see their IP address to force it to join.

:/

Dr Dogg

Well thank you very much UK folks for voting Amazon the UK's best etailer as I'll take Game of Thrones Season 4 for £20 no questions asked. And to make this a little bit Steam related to placate the OT Police, if you happen to be spending £50+ then use the voucher code BIGTHANKS to get £10 off (Amazon.co.uk purchases only so no Marketplace or .com, .de, .fr etc) and there's plenty of Steam redeemable games on there.

Get on my level (Hot tip: click the screenshot.)

http://orig05.deviantart.net/62de/f/2015/214/a/b/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_28_56_89_by_aloooo81-d93xlo3.jpg[IMG]

(It can actually stretch far enough to break the illusion. Look at the cut off wall of water rushing towards you!)

But seriously, the game is gorgeous and playing it on a real 21:9 monitor sounds sublime. Here are some old screenshots I have of it at super wide aspect ratios, cropped a bit.

[IMG]http://orig08.deviantart.net/30d2/f/2015/214/4/8/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_21_40_13_057_by_aloooo81-d93xlnl.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orig02.deviantart.net/70b5/f/2015/214/b/d/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_27_51_89_by_aloooo81-d93xlob.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orig06.deviantart.net/dbf6/f/2015/214/0/f/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_17_13_73_by_aloooo81-d93xlon.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orig10.deviantart.net/168d/f/2015/214/a/4/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_11_55_20_by_aloooo81-d93xlov.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://orig01.deviantart.net/4213/f/2015/214/3/5/rayman_legends_2013_09_14_04_24_54_92_by_aloooo81-d93xlof.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dammmnnnnn! I'm guessing that's some SRWE trickery going on there? I mean technically you could get 4 21:9 monitors and have almost that amount of the stage shown for real.

[quote="Anteater, post: 173906736"]I'd totally get a 21:9 monitor if more games were to support it, I sometimes use 21:9 resolutions on my 16:9 display just for the wider FOV (with black bars!), but it's such a hassle to tweak every game to work in that aspect ratio.[/QUOTE]

You'll be surprised just how many titles render at a 21:9 resolution hassle free. Seeing as you've got a Borderlands fix both 2 and The Pre-Sequel do to a certain extent with no faffing required. 2 does have a few issues with some post effects every no and then though but The Pre-Sequel has been peachy in my 5 hours of faffing (Claptrap is surprisingly fun to muck about with even if his action skill is random as you like).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Mhm, Regicide is clunky and I really don't like that this is basically the first thing that pops up once I started up the game.

You ain't getting that much data you shouldn't need for an EA game. Time for another refund.

... That doesn't seem that unreasonable. I'm not sure why it being an Early Access game would affect the amount of information they need either.

Hektor

Why not just use fake data?

MUnited83

For you.
what was wrong about this ks?
Terrible management all the way.
Keeping what console would get a port a secret(like WHAT THE FUCK).
79$ if you want the actual complete game, otherwise you just get a prologue
Releasing a crappy alpha build to drum interest was also a terrible move.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Windows 10 is used by more Steam gamers than Mac OS or Linux combined!

It’s not even a week old, but Microsoft’s new operating system is already making ripples in the Steam ecosystem. Small ripples, admittedly, but a disturbance all the same. The latest Steam hardware survey reveals that Windows 10 is used by more Steam users than Mac and Linux OSs combined.

The July hardware survey reveals that 2.3% of Steam users had Windows 10, with 2.21% of that being the 64-bit variant and 0.09% being the 32-bit version.

In comparison, Linux makes up just 0.02% of all Steam users’ OSs, and Mac’s OSX makes up 0.01% of the whole user base. So only a very tiny amount of PC players use Mac or Linux, although that’s hardly news.

Windows 7 64-bit still remains the biggest OS with 44.91% of the userbase, but Windows 10 has already overtaken the 32-bit versions of Windows 8.1, 8, and both variants of Vista. In some ways this isn't surprising considering the huge impact Windows 10 has had, having being installed on 14 million PCs in just 24 hours.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Tried to join, but kinda weird.

Server doesn't appear in friends section, can't click on join game either as it isn't highlighted. Given the server name and it doesn't show up on the server list.

Okay, I still have one more method, using the '~' key to input an IP address to join a game...

Steam says Atraveller and freshVeggie both aren't playing in any server and therefore I cannot see their IP address to force it to join.

:/

We just stopped, Atraveller left a few minutes ago and I just did. Me and Atraveller had some lag but I think we managed, it would be nice to prepare with more anticipation and gather more people.

Chariot

... That doesn't seem that unreasonable. I'm not sure why it being an Early Access game would affect the amount of information they need either.

Why not just use fake data?
I don't like it and the main point is really, that it's still janky and a bit slow and I am not sure if that is ever going to change. And for an useraccount you don't need more than a username, a password and an email. What do they need my country or my name? As you guys all know I am very shy when it comes to stating the country I'm living in.

zkylon

zkylewd
lol that's pretty bad

game was supposed to be like megaman legends right?

that's disappointing, it's the only megaman game i like

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
lol that's pretty bad

game was supposed to be like megaman legends right?

that's disappointing, it's the only megaman game i like

It's still coming. One of the other major shady moves people didn't like was the announcement that came last week - The game had been fully funded by a Chinese company called Fuze. The remaining Kickstarter funds, should it reach the goal, were then reallocated to a series of very disappointing stretch goals.

hohoXD123

Guessing that was in response to people complaining about there being nothing of substance behind their plans for the game outside of a few character concept arts, especially after what happened with MN9. But yeah, terribly managed overall, releasing an anime kickstarter alongside it was downright silly too.

Anteater

Urgh, Valdis Story is making me want to snap my controller >_<

It seems like one of these Metroidvania where if you don't spend a lot of time finding secrets you'll be quickly outmatched. Cos straight play is leaving me with most of the same equipment; why there isn't a cash shop and everything is done through traders idk.

I remember having a hard time when I first played it because I specced Reina the wrong way, she couldn't do much damage against a boss so I restarted and built her differently and it was a breeze, it was still a challenging game but nothing as bad as my first playthrough.

Is it the first or second? It does look really nice.

First game!

You'll be surprised just how many titles render at a 21:9 resolution hassle free. Seeing as you've got a Borderlands fix both 2 and The Pre-Sequel do to a certain extent with no faffing required. 2 does have a few issues with some post effects every no and then though but The Pre-Sequel has been peachy in my 5 hours of faffing (Claptrap is surprisingly fun to muck about with even if his action skill is random as you like).

Yeah, even Ghostbusters works in 21:9 that I tried recently, heck the fmv even fits because they all seem to be in 21:9 lol, but the hud and subtitles were kind of broken.

Getting a 21:9 display means I'll need to upgrade my gpu though seeing that they are probably in 2560x1080 resolution :p

that looks very dull to me actually :I

pssh so hard to please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom