• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

so.... have you played Higurashi, it has 100% positive reviews or Hatoful Boyfriend which has very positive (98%) reviews?

I will never play Higurashi because those balloon-heads make want to punch them until my fists are drenched in their mushed brains and I'll get to Hatoful soon, maybe I'll install it right now so thanks for reminding me. But I don't see what that has to do with the bundle.

What about a quick game session with a more short notice? Also remember reading that Asian folks have it tough with our usual game times since it is too late for them.
Would help to see interest so please post if you're planning to join.

Let's go with Chivalry this time. Anyone wanting to join is free to do so.
Since it's not several days ahead there likely won't be a lot of players. I'll try to host but we can change to those with better pings or just go to an empty server.

dd3488ae69593cedf5e73b818ae98e6737aa956c.jpg

t1438610400z0.png

Of course we can play another game like Sonic Kart. Just post.

derExperte

Thank goodness they changed them though.

I'm talking about the re-design. Those things you posted there are beyond words.

What about a quick game session with a more short notice? Also remember reading that Asian folks have it tough with our usual game times since it is too late for them.

I would but I gotta leave soon and help a friend install W10, don't know how long that'll take but probably no Chivalry for me today.

I would but I gotta leave soon and help a friend install W10, don't know how long that'll take but probably no Chivalry for me today.
Yep. I assumed many regulars won't be able to join since it's so early. Hope asia-gaf and unemployed-eu-gaf and early-bird-us-gaf will be there
:p

Likely gonna be a short session, one hour.

gar3

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (gar3, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Crystals of Time -- MB-8472B76EF0477E4A - Taken by gurm3n

Since it's not several days ahead there likely won't be a lot of players. I'll try to host but we can change to those with better pings or just go to an empty server.
I'm downloading now, so I won't join right away. Will you post server info here?

Arthea

I will never play Higurashi because those balloon-heads make want to punch them until my fists are drenched in their mushed brains and I'll get to Hatoful soon, maybe I'll install it right now so thanks for reminding me. But I don't see what that has to do with the bundle.

I was just making deeply sarcasmlite post about your point about positive reviews of bundled games.

t1438610400z0.png

I would play, but I need to work :\

gurm3n

Neo Member

t1438610400z0.png

I might join to see how it goes. Most likely I'll get a lot of ping and quit, but who knows, maybe it's bearable.

Tenrius

Her Story cards take a really long time to drop. It took two hours to get the first one (and I didn't even realize the game had cards before that).

Arthea

Her Story cards take a really long time to drop. It took two hours to get the first one (and I didn't even realize the game had cards before that).

how can you still not know that all games now have 2 hours cardless time? Because this development has happened during summer sale... that was almost two months ago.

edited: talking about "new" cards drop policy, no cards drop at all now, if two games are running together.

Dsyndrome

Wish the Gears: Ultimate Edition was coming to Steam now. Apparently you get all the other games via backward compatibility now. Might be the one and only game I eventually get for Windows 10 store.

Vuze

http://www.polygon.com/2015/7/29/9066901/allison-road-pt-starting-point

I really want this game now. It looks sooo good. Are there any comparable games like that on Steam besides Amnesia and Outlast? I mean really atmospheric.

"P.T., the pulled playable teaser for Hideo Kojima's now canceled title Silent Hills." Konamis latest achievements in one sentence haha.

Allison Road looks really good though, haven't even heard of it until now. Then again, I'm not too much into horror games.

If I use this, will I be banned form the game somehow?
Only use it in Singleplayer / Offline mode and you'll be fine.

Annubis

Hmmmm... I took the DLC for Vanguard Princess because I don't remember having any but apparently I have both. I don't even remember how that happened...

Anyway, sorry and quote to see code if you want it.

09D46-5IT9C-0GB0G

Thank Chairmanchuck, not me.

derExperte

I was just making deeply sarcasmlite post about your point about positive reviews of bundled games.

Well if a game looks like trash a ton of positive reviews could still bring me to reconsider if there isn't something so very wrong like with Higurashi. But if I see 'User reviews: Mostly Positive (4 reviews) Release Date: 26 Aug, 2014' I'm assuming it's a game I can afford to miss. And if a bundle is filled with those it's getting my stamp of disapproval.

Megauap

Wow, that Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition is pretty sweet.
May pick it up, even if I don't have a PS4 yet.

Never played the main series, just Golden Abyss on my Vita.

Grief.exe

Wish the Gears: Ultimate Edition was coming to Steam now. Apparently you get all the other games via backward compatibility now. Might be the one and only game I eventually get for Windows 10 store.

Was there a new preview released?

I'm interested in Gears as well but I will probably wait for a sale or the outside chance it does come to Steam. That type of migration has happened in the past, so Microsoft has set precedent for that scenario.

I also try to disable as many of these extraneous 'services' as possible, which may include the Microsoft and Xbox apps.

Wow, that Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection Special Edition is pretty sweet.
May pick it up, even if I don't have a PS4 yet.

Never played the main series, just Golden Abyss on my Vita.

Wrong thread?

t1438610400z0.png

freshVeggie
Atraveller
gurm3n

New page.

t1438610400z0.png

freshVeggie
Atraveller
gurm3n
I'm joining.
lol I mixed you up :S

Arthea

Well if a game looks like trash a ton of positive reviews could still bring me to reconsider if there isn't something so very wrong like with Higurashi. But if I see 'User reviews: Mostly Positive (4 reviews) Release Date: 26 Aug, 2014' I'm assuming it's a game I can afford to miss. And if a bundle is filled with those it's getting my stamp of disapproval.

wait, so you are saying that if nobody have played a game, it can't be good? because c'mon, you know that's not true.
As much as we joked couple of years ago about that one game on steam that was years old and nobody played it at all, now there are a lot of such games and some I've played and they are good! It's no longer any indication of anything, except maybe some advertising campaign was successful and more people know about a game.

still, I was just making a joke that it's has little to do with reviews, some can have amazing reviews and you still won't play them, no?

Knurek

I don't see how this changes anything for the PC version, which have no Gears 2-3-Judgement releases.
I highly doubt MS will release a working X360 emulator for Windows.
(Also, who on PC would like to play these games in <720p30?)

L.O.R.D

Of course not. Maybe they'll give you those games for 360 to PC owners too, but doing a PC port is out of question.

i thought they already announced the remastered version for the first game for PC
so i guess windows 10 is also getting all the 4 games ? or maybe after one year at least ?

Dsyndrome

I don't see how this changes anything for the PC version, which have no Gears 2-3-Judgement releases.
I highly doubt MS will release a working X360 emulator for Windows.
(Also, who on PC would like to play these games in <720p30?)

Thought it might be possible via whatever "Play Xbox on PC" paradigm they're saying exists. Never had any of the originals since I never had a 360, so I guess it'll be at least one new game for me. :/

Hektor

i thought they already announced the remastered version for the first game for PC
so i guess windows 10 is also getting all the 4 games ? or maybe after one year at least ?

No, lol. They wouldnt port over 4 games to pc just to give them away as pre-order bonus for another game. They just give people who buy the remaster for the xbone download keys for 4 xbox 360 games since thats backwards compatible now. Nothing more and nothing less.

MUnited83

For you.
They already announced the remastered version, yeah. Thats like what he already said. This bonus is Xbox one exclusive.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom