• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

tumblr_mvr4nt2ZI31t05hx5o1_500.gif

Fuck yea

Reading is hard! :p

I was trying to post it earlier but i had to wait for the cooldown from my last post to expire : /

regardless, only Konami could make me feel like a sucker for buying GZ on two different platforms when they eventually made it free. That's what i get for supporting things.

Now i just need Nuuvem to give me that <$30 price point and i'm there on day one.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's not all good news, though.

Finally,METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN also features the dedicated squad-based competitive multiplayer component, METAL GEAR ONLINE. Newly redesigned with the familiar gameplay and aesthetic styling of the acclaimed series, METAL GEAR ONLINE introduces Tactical Team Operations and features a &#8216;class system&#8217; that more uniquely defines the strengths and abilities of player characters on the battlefield. As a result of the updated timing, console versions of METAL GEAR ONLINE will go live on October 6th, with the PC version set to release in January 2016.

Haunted

oh shiiit, I completely forgot that I bought Sky Rogue on itch.io for 1€ a while back, just got an email that I could redeem my Steam key now. Awesome surprise, I had already put it on my Steam wishlist and everything. :lol

yuraya

With rumors of Kojima leaving and Kojima productions disbanding soon I can't really be excited for MGO. I am sure it will be good but I will gladly take a delayed MGO over the 2 week delay for singleplayer. So I personally don't care. Sucks tho for those who care.

Momentary

Banned
Street Fighter III Third Strike secretly had the best Street Fighter roster just sadly quite a few don't know it. Half the peeps who pine after II characters were just little sperms and eggs when it was first released, christ I was only 10 when it was first out in arcades and I'm ancient now.

Really wish they would stop with the World Warriors bullcrap. I had my fill of them back in 1991. It was awesome to have such a fresh roster with 3. People try to say the roster is what cause SFIII to fail, but they don't realize 2D fighters in general were suffering back then. Really hate that they are playing it safe with this game.

Also... If we get Alex, there are going to be a ton of blonde characters in this game. I just think it's weird for a 16 character fighting game to already have 5 blondes. Third Strike had 3. 4 if you count Urien pre-transformation. Hell, I almost don't want to see Alex on the roster now.

Dr Dogg

Well I guess my preordering is done for the year now then.
Just a bit of waiting now :(

Also MGO III wont be able to live up to the awesomness that was MGO I. Plus KJP LA pretty much being doomed doesn't give me that much confidence that it will arrive in good shape. Also who's willing to bet it uses Konami ID?

Really wish they would stop with the World Warriors bullcrap. I had my fill of them back in 1991. It was awesome to have such a fresh roster with 3. People try to say the roster is what cause SFIII to fail, but they don't realize 2D fighters in general were suffering back then. Really hate that they are playing it safe with this game.

Also... If we get Alex, there are going to be a ton of blonde characters in this game. I just think it's weird for a 16 character fighting game to already have 5 blondes. Third Strike had 3. 4 if you count Urien pre-transformation. Hell, I almost don't want to see Alex on the roster now.

Yeah it was a weird time for 2D fighters but when you look at their 3D cousins and only a few were as technically proficient while there were quite a few janky games of note.

I think the arcade slump and the Dreamcast getting ignored didn't help either. A mate of mine who was bang into fighters at the time said he didn't want to buy a Dreamcast just for one game regards to SF III. This gave me an instant headache. You had MvC 1 & 2, SF III and all it's variants, Capcom vs SNK 1 & 2, Power Stone 1 & 2, Soul Calibur, Jo Jo, Virtua Fighter 3, Fighting Vipers 2, various KoF and Fatal Fury's and loads more I can't even think of right now. Man that's mad me sad now.

Jawmuncher

The real news from MGSV

-For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

All that begging wasn't for naught. We're finally getting cards!

Anteater

Also MGO III wont be able to live up to the awesomness that was MGO I. Plus KJP LA pretty much being doomed doesn't give me that much confidence that it will arrive in good shape. Also who's willing to bet it uses Konami ID?

all those preorders

The real news from MGSV

-For our Steam community, we can confirm the creation of Steam Trading Card support when playing Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

let's hope they're smart enough to have Quiet cards and Quiet wallpapers for maximum profit

Tizoc

How bad is Soul Reaver 1 to play on PC?
It never got controller support right? Someone should do a kickstarter for a mod or some such :V

Tenrius

how can you still not know that all games now have 2 hours cardless time? Because this development has happened during summer sale... that was almost two months ago.

edited: talking about "new" cards drop policy, no cards drop at all now, if two games are running together.

Well, I haven't been really following the news or playing any new Steam games lately, so I guess I'm kinda late to the party.

zkylon

zkylewd
pssh so hard to please
i mean, maybe the game looks good but u took pretty bad screenies :p

So I finished Her Story. It's a nice game and I can recommend it to anyone who likes the concept.

The actual story was decent, although I didn't like a few things (heavy spoilers below):

1. The general premise was all but implausible. A girl sneaking inside the house and living in the attic for years? It's just really really hard to believe when you consider the logistics of the whole process (food, toilet, shower, bedsheets etc). They had to fuck up at some point. Not to mention that an identical girl living across the road hardly couldn't have been noticed by the parents. All of that left a sort of "Scooby-Doo villain" sort of aftertaste, the conclusion was not as satisfying as it could be. A murder mystery is only as good as the logic piecing it all together, so you can have a big "a-ha" moment when all the pieces finally fit together, but here it was a bit spoiled by the implausibility of the whole affair. I would even appreciate it more if there was a supernatural element of some kind, it would make it more logical and thus more coherent.

2. Lack of explanation for several important story points. I mean, I appreciate in media res and all that (and I actually for some reason suspected that we're playing as Sarah from the very first mention of her as a baby), but it would still be nicer to know, for example, why did they interview Hannah the first few times around and where she went after that (Eve says "she's gone", but where?) and also how did they get hold of Eve and what ultimately happened to her (I'm guessing she went to jail?). It's also not clear why Eve is impersonating Hannah at first.

Just to be clear, I understand that it was probably meant this way and what they were going for, but I don't agree with that. I think that explaining those few things, maybe replacing some of the excessive filler bits with clips doing just that, would greatly benefit the story.
yea i think being stuck on those things is kind of missing the point

it's less of a murder mystery and more of a psychological thriller

also
a running theory (at least the conclusion i got and some other ppl shared) is that it's a classic case of split personality. i duno as a result of what, but considering how far fetched the secret twins thing is and how there are many recounts of the murder and lots of weird inconsistencies and random bursts into song, that's what i was got from the game.

still leaves lots of questions unanswered but i found it mostly satisfying, tho the tattoo thing still throws me off since i can never remember if it's still there after the date (which could rule the whole schizo theory off)

Footage from last night's Quiplash fun night is up.

Some parts got cut off, but nothing too major. Next time I'll record using OBS instead of using Hitbox's recordings.
all my well earned victories are there i hope

Quiet cards can go either way depending on the Chico theory. some people are probably gonna have a hard time accepting her as a waifu if she isn't your typical waifu.

Grief.exe

GsxMvKK.png

So many good games still to come out, off the top of my head there is

Cuphead
Galak-Z
Below
No Man's Sky

The real news from MGSV

You can finally rest easy.

How bad is Soul Reaver 1 to play on PC?
It never got controller support right? Someone should do a kickstarter for a mod or some such :V

Hopefully we can get some impressions and work a rounds, I would like to play this game one day.

Jawmuncher

Quiet cards can go either way depending on the Chico theory. some people are probably gonna have a hard time accepting her as a waifu if she isn't your typical waifu.

Nothing wrong wtih a little sausage. Farewell or not.
But in all seriousness it will probably just follow the typical down spiral most games have. Though I expect the game to hold at around the 18 to 20 cent price for a fair bit.

i was going to 100% GZ in time for TPP but i fear that im going to have MGS fatigue right before TPP and, well, it's also easy to just find a 100% save and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom