• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until Dawn. The threads usually disappear quickly from the front page so the usual suspects start a new one a few hours later when they find a new article or video.
Ah. Looks interesting but not like a big release to me. Can't see it become a huge seller. People like to talk about the littlest of things sometimes. Kind of forgot how gaming side feels like tbh. A lot of posts are shallow and try-hard witty ones. Got tired of them real quick.

Jawmuncher

Until Dawn is the game that interests me the least on the console. Not only is it not my kinda thing but, it feels almost too cheesy.

Complete opposite, I need more of that sort of thing. These "cinematic " games are basically the equivalent of FMV games now. You know when those aren't around, but thankfully some still linger.

Maniac

Banned
Hey AssCreed is just a misunderstood series is all and I'll have you know Dead Space is the most import IP from last gen. Granted it got dragged through the ringer for the third instalment but if Visceral survive then I'm sure the 4th instalment will be glorious!

Well to be fair they do trade them in for the next iteration where as pretty much every Steam user is stuck with their purchases like a big old tower of shame.

They made a BF game.

THEY'RE ALREADY DEAD!

Ozium

$60 to pre-order a fucking GEARBOX game?

GN1dagR.gif

Looks better than the Order at least.
I guess so.

Complete opposite, I need more of that sort of thing. These "cinematic " games are basically the equivalent of FMV games now. You know when those aren't around, but thankfully some still linger.

I feel that those have a different charm though. I don't mind the FMV games like Contradiction that came out recently. Until Dawn just doesn't seem the same to me. I know I say the cinematic thing usually isn't my thing but LiS and D4 look more interesting than Until Dawn. Could be the slasher movie thing. I seen it too many times.

derExperte

Ah. Looks interesting but not like a big release to me. Can't see it become a huge seller. People like to talk about the littlest of things sometimes. Kind of forgot how gaming side feels like tbh. A lot of posts are shallow and try-hard witty ones. Got tired of them real quick.

Should be fun and a good fit for a cozy weekend around Halloween and I'll buy it then, I'm not complaining about the game itself. But you're right about it most likely not selling well, too much other big stuff coming up and despite their efforts the marketing doesn't seem to grab enough people.

Maniac

Banned
I don't know why they port CPU-centric PC games to consoles, and construction games to boot which would seem like a pain in the boohey to play on a controller..

is nothing sacred?

The only thing sacred is motherfucking green dosh dosh moolah holla holla get a dolla.
$60 to pre-order a fucking GEARBOX game?

GN1dagR.gif

Money for a fucking Gearbox game?

Actually, playing a fucking Gearbox game?

Hey ya'll, remember that one time where Randy Pitchf
ucker
made up an elaborate story during an interview about how the studio got the name? You know, how he bested Gabe Newell for it?

Remember that one time where DNF and Alien Colon Marines were all amazing games with incredible graphics that hadn't in any way been downgraded, and which were the most perfect games ever made?

Cause I love me some Gearbox schtick.

Grief.exe

You know there's a PS4 exclusive coming when every single trailer and news article gets a lazy and shill-y thread over in Gaming. It's almost like bots a parsing the PS Blog and posting everything over there. Guess we now know why threads like this got moved, gotta make room for the important stuff.

One of my huge pet peeves on gaming side is the PS Blog. People will just post a thread with information featured on the PS Blog, which obviously removes pertinent information from other platforms.

This is very disingenuous to both the developer of the game and the consumer. Frustrating.

I think the game will meet if not exceed a little in expectations when it comes to sales. Halloween is later this year and I'm sure Sony would do more marketing for this game or perhaps some planned DLC.

I think the game will meet if not exceed a little in expectations when it comes to sales. Halloween is later this year and I'm sure Sony would do more marketing for this game or perhaps some planned DLC.
I am just waiting for some... lewd I think, shots of Hayden in a towel. Models look good. And as Jaw said, these kind of games are like modern FMV games. Nice to see some diversity. Even if a little passive gameplay-wise. Expert also has right. Should be a fun game to play with friends (female preferred).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Alright so I've got these people down for write-ups for next month's OP:
  • Act of Aggression - Uzzy
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Dr Dogg
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection - jshackles
If anyone else is interested in writing about stuff that's releasing next month, please feel free to PM me.

On a personal note: went to the doctor's today for a "routine" checkup and found out I need emergency surgery which they have scheduled for the end of next week :(

• Act of Aggression - Uzzy
  • Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Dr Dogg
  • Mega Man Legacy Collection - jshackles
If anyone else is interested in writing about stuff that's releasing next month, please feel free to PM me.

On a personal note: went to the doctor's today for a "routine" checkup and found out I need emergency surgery which they have scheduled for the end of next week :(

Good luck man!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Chivalry and Killing Floor 2 will have crossover weapons

Two dismemberment-focused multiplayer games on PC, Chivalry and Killing Floor 2, are joining forces to release new content for those who own both titles. I already talked about the Knight character and his Zweihander weapon earlier today in my Killing Floor 2 preview, but Tripwire Interactive will be providing Zed-slaying weapons in everyone's favorite knight-slaying game.

Owners of Killing Floor 2 will have the following weapons in Chivalry: a Hedge Trimmer Blade replacing the throwing knife, the Gorefast Longsword which has a gross hilt made of hands, the Maulverizer (which I imagine will replace the Maul with a sledgehammer), and the Fleshpound Quarterstaff, which has big chunky Fleshpound arms attached to either end. There's also two variations of a Plague Doctor Gas Mask and a Horzine emblem for customization.

I have a feeling this will be the first Killing Floor crossover out of many. I look forward to more. Not sure when the content will be available, but with the Incinerate 'N Detonate update coming soon, it's possible that the releases will coincide.

Best of success and easy recovery friend. Hope nothing too serious.
So good. The gift that keeps on giving, more so literally for me :)
Unpopular Steam GAF opinion since you guys love Ubisoft games:

Mad Max looks terrible.
Can't be worse than the garbage movie. What a waste of time.

It's still listed as 'owned', but for some reason it disappears from your actual library when uninstalled, so you have to install it from the store. :|

Save money? Brother I know people who have spent thousands on Dota 2.

Dota 2 is very different from most other F2P games though, in that a huge amount of people buy a reasonable amount of microtransactions, instead of the game relying solely on whales.

I may or may not be a whale since I've probably spent somewhere in the range of $300 on the game throughout the years.

Anyway, 700 hours isn't necessarily that much either. At that point you're simply above average at the game, and not necessarily any good. I've 1642 hours clocked (atleast 200 of those spent watching tournaments, mind you) and I'm somewhere above 4000 MMR, which puts me in the top 5% (last time I checked the stats, I haven't in a while, mind.) yet... I'm not exactly great at the game. I'm probably outright "good", but not great or anything.

Dota is a weird beast.

Edit: Yeah, two of the guys I usually play with have over 2800 hours played, one is about a dozen away from 4900 hours and another Steam friend of mine is at a sky-high 12585 hours. Although to be fair, he lives off of making dota cosmetics, so I'd imagine half those hours are ones spent on that.
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW thats insane, I'm jelly of your friend that makes a living off making cosmetics for a game he fucking adores, that is so awesome.
There came a point where I realized that I didn't have enough time in my life to play anything else and that's why I quit cold turkey.

They still keep trying to get me back in -_-

ah man i know that feeling, i had that feeling back in middle school with MapleStory, mind you its not a great mmo but it was my first online game as a kid and while the game wasn't fun I had a blast communicating with people in it. I still got some casual friends on facebook from my maplestory days, we tried the game again a few years back (i think in 2012), we played it for like 6 or so months before we were finally able to go: I'm finally done with this game, I can move on now. What a nice feeling that was :p

Parsnip

Outside of MGS5, I'm looking forward to the next HoMM game. Well, looking forward is maybe not the right phrase, more like, somewhat optimistic and curious how it turns out.

Can't be worse than the garbage movie. What a waste of time.
What what. Did you just say that Fury Road was garbage? I don't have an adequate reaction gif.

Skii

I know this isn't entirely relevant but does anyone know how to increase sensitivity on the DS4 using DS4Windows? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Maniac

Banned
WOOOOOOOOOOOOW thats insane, I'm jelly of your friend that makes a living off making cosmetics for a game he fucking adores, that is so awesome.

Several of my steam mates to! The guy with 12k hours is probably top-5 highest grossing dota 2 contributors. I'm probably friends with all of the top-5 if not top 10 lol.

Dem connections. :p

They make maaaaaaaaad moolah too, the bastards.

Meanwhile I'm broke, unemployed and have $170~ per month. ;_;

I should make hats.

Sch1sm

Er. I wouldn't do it.

Several of my steam mates to! The guy with 12k hours is probably top-5 highest grossing dota 2 contributors. I'm probably friends with all of the top-5 if not top 10 lol.

I should make hats.

Knit me a solid toque or slouch beanie and I'll throw money at you.

---

Super Time Force Ultra at 5.60 is really, really tempting. But I've already spent my Steam money for the month, and I can't idle on this God damn Macbook, not effectively.

My final reaction to Her Story after 100%ing it:

Too clever. Too ambiguous. For those who have completed it,
twins or DID
? I say the latter. Man. I loved it. Haven't put myself into a game that much in ages.

I should make hats.

we can get into the business together, 2 heads are better than 1! :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

I should make hats.

Prostitution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom