• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khronico

I don't know how I would do that. I'm working with a pre-paid debit card I got my hands on.

Someone is selling MGSV for 35 bucks in amazon gift cards/paypal in the BST thread, I bought from him just this morning. You could use the debit card to buy the gift card.

Haunted

do it.

img_left_guineapig.jpg

RedSwirl

You don't have a PayPal account at all? Should get on that. It's what we work with here mainly. Some like Amazon credit, but it's mainly PayPal gifts.

I do. I just haven't used it often because I'm stuck having to wait 3-5 days to put money in it.

chronomac

Anyone else having trouble accessing their inventory? All I see is this:

TOK3ejy.png

Tried logging out and back in, and tried deleting cookies and what not.

derExperte

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208650/announcements/detail/145592751466193037

Dear Batman: Arkham Knight PC community,

The teams have been working hard to address the issues with the PC version of the game. We are happy to confirm that we are now putting the first interim patch into testing. If all goes well, we expect to issue the patch in the next few weeks. We’ll be sure to report back in the next two weeks on how the testing is coming along.

Below are some of the major fixes and improvements you can expect in the upcoming patch:

• Reduced frame rate hitches
• Optimized system memory and VRAM usage
• Improved performance on all GPUs (requires the latest drivers)
o Min Spec AMD GPU is once again the Radeon HD 7870 2GB

• More Robust In-Game Settings, including:
o Added the ability to change settings for Max FPS to 30/60/90
o Added toggles for Motion Blur, Chromatic Aberration, and Film Grain
o Added a “High” Texture Resolution value
o Added Texture Filtering option
o Added an Adaptive V-Sync option (NVIDIA only)
o Added VRAM Usage Meter
o Added Mouse Sensitivity Slider & Mouse Smoothing Option

• Fixed low resolution texture bugs
• Fixed hitches when running on mechanical hard drives (HDD)

While our first priority is fixing the issues listed above, the team is continuing to work on the following:

• Skipping the boot up splash screens
• DLC/Season Pass content
• Additional updates such as Photo Mode

We again thank you for your continued patience as we work on these issues. As always, we are continuing to monitor and listen for any additional issues.

- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

I can tell you.

My grandma worked at Haribo. One of the only two factories of Haribo in Germany is located in my hometown Solingen. 100g of everything Haribo cost 48cent IIRC.

Best Haribo are still Cola-Kracher:

After that the cola bottles and then the sour stuff.

The worst are the new "fruit" gummibears.

Vlad

I can tell you.

My grandma worked at Haribo. One of the only two factories of Haribo in Germany is located in my hometown Solingen. 100g of everything Haribo cost 48cent IIRC.

Are those just cola flavored jellybeans? If so, color me jealous.

Grief.exe

I can tell you.

7001013-1253796405-ColaKracher5C.jpg

The worst are the new "fruit" gummibears.

yup!

I liked this the most

haribo-primavera-fraise-500-pcs.jpg

Obvious

haribo-gummi-dinosaurs-bags.jpg

----

steam related

so im the only one who hasn't heard of Haribo here?

nah the OG ones...

also if my grandma worked at Haribo I would have developed Type-II Diabetes before turning 18 lol

"Stronk"? Even Google's failing me on that one.

The signal to noise is getting ludicrous, try to clean it up.

"Stronk"? Even Google's failing me on that one.

Strong. Like they are a bit harder than Jellybeans.

nah the OG ones...

also if my grandma worked at Haribo I would have developed Type-II Diabetes before turning 18 lol

The good thing is that it seems every employee who worked there doesnt need to pay VAT if they buy something at the outlet shop in my hometown. So even if I buy something for 10€, I actually, when she is with me, only have to pay about 8.

But yeah. We got a lot of things as kids, but I think if Haribo sweets are kinda a normal thing in Germany, we dont eat as much. Right now when I am in China I have strong urges to eat as much as I can.

Corpekata

Banned
Why is there a 90 FPS lock option? Who on earth is that for? If you're capping it above 60, go to 120 or 144.

I mean, it's nice it's there, I guess.

Ozium

I didnt know what I was doing and I clicked the plant and it deleted it it so then I was like wtf and decided to trash my whole plant and start anew with the knowledge I had gained.

Then it said I had to pay for seeds but I got one free...

poor Ralph :(

(that was his name)

Owning eidolon (which i think i got in some bundle) gave me the $4.99 extra succulent pot FREE in Viridi. Now that's VALUE

how did you get it? Does a notice pop up or do you have to do something? I own that game as well but didn't see anything...

edit: I went to the left in the menu and it gave me the "Map to the Grove" for free..

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
SEGA Interview: PC Support, Dengeki Bunko, Localization

Nyoro: SEGA’s own Valkyria Chronicles, though not a fighting game, has achieved great success on Steam. Has the fantastic success of that title created any imperative for similar anime-styled games like Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax to come to PC?

Sam: We are aware that Steam and PC is definitely a growing platform. That’s basically all I can really say on that front.

Nyoro: SEGA already has incredibly good PC support with their teams like Creative Assembly. However, it feels like there is a divide between what SEGA of America does with the PC platform and what SEGA of Japan does with the PC platform.

Sam: Yes, absolutely. The reality is that PC isn’t as big in Japan, and often when we go to localize our titles we’re picking up what Japan has already done and taking it on. Adding a platform after the fact can add heavy delays to a project.

Nyoro: That is true… unless a platform is designated from the very beginning before development starts it can be quite a time addition to do a port. So then, for titles that are developed by SEGA of Japan, how much say does SEGA of America have for what platforms games like DFC come to?

Sam: It really does depend on the situation. Some games, we have a lot of input, and some we don’t. It ultimately depends on how invested the different territories are on each platform. [Fighting Climax] was developed first and foremost for the Japanese audience, so when it comes to our end we look at the game and discuss how much does the local fan-base want us to alter for a foreign release and make the decisions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom