• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
In terms of Gwent difficulty I do think it's dependant on your desks for the most part with most of the random players you bump into. When I got to Novigrad and popped in the blacksmiths to gets some repairs done I noticed I could challenge him. Wiped the floor with me pretty much instantly where I had be rolling everyone over beforehand. This was because I had only been getting cards from shops and missing the uniques from quests and specific players. So after 10 or more failed attempts I went and did the Gwent focused quests and he was a piece of cake now that my Northern Realms deck was awesome. Then I bumped into my first Monster deck player... Things didn't go so well. CDPR really need to make a much bigger standalone game of Gwent with tournaments, online play and all that jazz.
so far i've destroyed everyone but that guy. i beat the "invicible" bloody baron on my first try and i'm really bad at gwent lol

i really like the game tho, i swear i'm gonna have my vengeance on that vizima nobleman guy if it's the last thing i do

M.D

A little too big for its own good if you're one to explore every inch of the map and fight your way through every dungeon, I think, which can make playing the game feel more like a chore at times. It's like Titan Quest in that regard, but not quite as extreme. I'd play with a friend to reduce the possibility of burnout.

There is no such thing as TOO BIG when it comes to the glory of Rick & Morty.

Define "good".

No
Yes

I don't think it is bad, but I don't feel it is good either.
I found it to be kinda boring, both during the beta as well as after release.

The positives are that you don't need to be online to play it in single-player, the cartoony look and the modding ability.

The cons are that the gameplay (and the feedback to your actions) isn't as nice as even the first Van Helsing, let alone something like Diablo 3 and exploring feels more like a chore, or so it did for me.

Hmm.. I'll wait for a sale! Thanks!

Sober

Torchlight is not considered good now? disgusting
Torchlight 2 was only good by the virtue of Diablo 3 vanilla being the biggest turd and fuckup. But Blizzard fixed it along with RoS, so now Torchlight 2 is just kinda there. It's not a bad game by any comparison, but it has stretches of boring and honestly the whole D2 gameplay clone is worn out compared to how D3 plays which is just flat out better.

You're better off with Diablo 3 + RoS

fertygo

Torchlight 2 was only good by the virtue of Diablo 3 vanilla being the biggest turd and fuckup. But Blizzard fixed it along with RoS, so now Torchlight 2 is just kinda there. It's not a bad game by any comparison, but it has stretches of boring and honestly the whole D2 gameplay clone is worn out compared to how D3 plays which is just flat out better.

I just wish I can buy D3

Blizzard refuse my money because I don't have credit card, screw them

Is Torchlight 2 any good?

Someone go try it and tell us.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Torchlight 2 -- MB-7952509576FA4FC4 - Taken by M.D. 5 entrants total.

t1440155457z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
some more witcher. i think hard difficulty was a mistake heh, but it's also kind of fun to see some lvl 14 knights kick the shit out of me and chase me away from saving whatshisnameinacage. i'm really confused by how poor and underleveled i feel considering that i haven't been having much trouble doing missions that are higher level than me and fighting lvl 10 enemies pretty easily even when i was like lvl 4. but those lvl 14 knights, they're fucking me up lol

the game just continues to feel weird to me, i just feel kind of tired of it being super open world already. there's a ton of systems and crafting and stuff but all you do is run around and kill stuff. there's no stealth and horseriding isn't particularly fun, dialogue is strictly limited to quest givers, and while the bigger quests are pretty good, the smaller ones just feel like filler. gwent is really fun but so far i've only found two difficulty levels: that random crazy card master random nobleman at vizima's castle that always revives his heroes and then all the other scrubs in the game lol

i can't say i don't find the game totally addicting and fun to play and whatever but also i keep getting the feeling i'd rather the game wasn't open world and was just big open areas with tons of quests but still very focused like witcha 1 and 2

If you haven't already, I'd totally recommend turning off all the "Points of Interest" markers on the map. Having everything highlighted like that really makes them feel more like obligations rather than neat stuff to stumble across.

The noblemen in Vizima is basically infamous for being too hard at this point--but you can always come back to him.

Leveling in Witcher 3 is sorta weird. I'd say it only really serves as a gate to using better swords, which will goes a long way in determining whether you can practically win a fight. More so than skills, or armor. I'd also say large groups of trash mobs are way more troublesome than single high level critters--you can patiently wear down something that can't hit you, but a bunch of nekkers will stunlock you to death no problem.

M.D

I put an unhealthy amount of hours into Diablo 3 and was recently looking to get RoS, but I missed a sale and am now waiting for another one to pop up

I would like to give Torchlight 2 a chance in the meantime tho

Someone go try it and tell us.

Someone on B&S trade have it on his humble storage, you probably can get it for 1-2 bucks if its still available,

fake edit, here's the dude

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=127143

Well, lets see if I have any luck ;p

Arthea

Pix the cat is one of those games that looked like it will be fun to play but in fact it isn't, I probably should stick with pacman champ and all he can eat anyway.
*sadness and woe*

Tizoc

Pix the cat is one of those games that looked like it will be fun to play but in fact it isn't, I probably should stick with pacman champ and all he can eat anyway.
*sadness and woe*

I enjoyed it and I played on my cute and small OLED screen :p

Arthea

I enjoyed it and I played on my cute and small OLED screen :p

but controls are kinda bad, with all that jerkiness, I assume it should be even worse on Vita, isn't it?

I tried controller too, plain unplayable with it if you ask me, keyboard at least makes it playable.

Tizoc

but controls are kinda bad, with all that jerkiness, I assume it should be even worse on Vita, isn't it?

I tried controller too, plain unplayable with it if you ask me, keyboard at least makes it playable.

I honestly didn't have problems with controls it's all timing your inputs :p

Lain

Clicker Heroes got patched and added Clans. Who's making the NeoGAF Clan?! Or the SteamGAF Clan. Or the GAF Academy Clan. Or the Clan of the Psychotic Clicker Addicts.

Deques

Apparently Trine 3 is quite short, like 3-4 hours short.

weren't the previous games also short? I remember them having around 15 levels each

Edit: Looks like I played 16 hours and 19 hours on these games. But I also 100% finished the first game while the second isn't quite 100%ed yet

Dr Dogg

Blizzard doesn't want PC folks getting to comfy on the sofa so they're not tethered to their desks 24/7 and not actively subbing to WoW.

Oh goodie time to add half the internet to my hosts file. Or just not go looking for spoilers I guess.

Good to see Destructoid are at the bleeding edge of games reporting.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1090227

Edit: Oh I see it's actually a regurgitated articled based on an IGN article from yesterday.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/08/...posts-job-opening-for-pc-compatibility-tester

The 'reporting' on this industry really needs a kick up the arse for most outlets.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Risen 3: Enhanced Edition Update coming tomorrow (out right now!)

Apparently, the Risen 3: Enhanced Edition (originally announced as the PS4 release of the game) will also be released as a free update for all those who already own the game.

On of the devs linked this (German) article on the World-of-Risen fanforums earlier today: http://www.chip.de/downloads/Risen-3-Titan-Lords-64-Bit-Upgrade_82340354.html

The update includes 64-bit support, higher quality textures and new (supposedly improved) postfx. I assume it also includes the volumetric clouds (the devs talked about this being a feature of the EE earlier, before it was announced for PC).

Obviously the Steam version of the game will update automatically; if you bought the retail release (which has no Steam integration; or any online-DRM, for that matter), you'll have to download the update manually. Apparently, the download is ~ 8 GBs big.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Wait is it out tomorrow or out right now? I'm confused :(

Regardless the PS4 'Exclusive' Enhanced Edition has been in the DB for 3 months+

Is it as another entry in the library? Or is the old version updated to the new version?

Risen 3: Titan Lords: The graphical fidelity has Risen

...now that we have your attention with our terrible pun, today we'd like to announce that, courtesy of a free automatic update for those who already have the game in their library, we're bringing a slew of visual enhancements to Risen 3: Titan Lords for players running the game on a 64-bit Operating System -

- Improved texture resolution for items, objects, foliage, terrain, particle effects, characters, monsters and other in-game models.
- Improved draw distance & viewing ranges
- Larger caches leading to smoother frame-rates & less LOD streaming
- The introduction of new state of the art post-process effects such as bokeh depth of field and HDR bloom
- Addition of a new physically based, more visually realistic cloud rendering technique that adds even more spectacular skies and sunsets to the dynamic day-night cycles.

For those of you yet to own Risen 3: Titan Lords, fear not: if you're running on a 64-bit OS then you'll automatically receive the 64-bit version of the game upon purchase. Due to the fact that the above improvements are only possible through the extra bandwidth switching to 64-bit affords us, those of you running on a 32-bit OS & purchasing the game will receive the original 32-bit version, which will of course update automatically should you ever move to a 64-bit OS at a future point.

In addition any DLCs that you have previously purchased (or may purchase in future) will obviously also function in the 64-bit version and all save games & previously obtained Steam achievements will also transfer from the 32-bit version to 64-bit version.

All the best!
The Risen 3: Titan Lords Team

Deques

For those of you yet to own Risen 3: Titan Lords, fear not: if you're running on a 64-bit OS then you'll automatically receive the 64-bit version of the game upon purchase. Due to the fact that the above improvements are only possible through the extra bandwidth switching to 64-bit affords us, those of you running on a 32-bit OS & purchasing the game will receive the original 32-bit version, which will of course update automatically should you ever move to a 64-bit OS at a future point.

So when installing the game on a 64-bit system will only get the new version while installing on a 32-bit still only get the old version?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So when installing the game on a 64-bit system will only get the new version while installing on a 32-bit still only get the old version?

Yeah. Publishers can flag depots to apply only to a 32-bit or 64-bit OS, not unlike how OS-specific and language-specific depots are handled.

derExperte

*sadness and woe*

Yep, didn't take me long to hit a wall (figuratively and literally) and I stopped making progress so forgot about it. Will try again on Steam when in bundle but for me something was missing.

Apparently Trine 3 is quite short, like 3-4 hours short.

I was about to say that sounds like T1/2 but according to HLTB they were much longer. Question is if it feels unfinished, could be that they ran out of money and EA didn't work out for them. No way they'll reach the old numbers, especially for 20€.

Arthea

Yep, didn't take me long to hit a wall (figuratively and literally) and I stopped making progress aber forgot about it. Will try again on Steam when in bundle but for me something was missing.

yeah, the game is ruined by their wall jerk and controls being not responsive enough for higher speeds, not to mention those tiny maps when screen shows maps already passed for no reason.
But I thought you have it on steam already!

Talking about cat games, how come devs ruin all of them. Pushcat would be a great little game if it wasn't ruined by devs with that Ghost of theirs, there is actually achievement for being scared by it shitload of times, whatever made devs think that failing puzzle many times over for no reason (as in many levels there is no real way to run from it and solve a puzzle at the same time) is what a puzzle game needs is beyond my understanding.

Combat Cats it's probably the best of three but then again, why there are waiting times while shit happens is hard to comprehend.

*end of rant*

abracadaver

Risen 3 is still on sale -80%

Buy the PC version now for 5,99 or the PS4 version for 39,99?

Some spares:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overture -- MB-EFE0D7E888D209CD - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.
Sudeki -- MB-CFBF768733BB8909 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Of Guards and Thieves -- MB-DB9431386E542C89 - Taken by Se7enSword. 1 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-A157313E893A9202 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.

t1440152158z1.png

derExperte

Aqua Kitty is the best cat game on Steam that I've played. Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora and Catlateral Damage are on my wishlist and look good too.

Risen 3 is still on sale -80%

Buy the PC version now for 5,99€ or the PS4 version for 39,99€?

If you have a high end PC get the PS4 version for comfy convenience.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Torchlight 2 -- MB-7952509576FA4FC4 - Taken by M.D. 5 entrants total.

t1440155457z1.png

Arthea

Aqua Kitty is the best cat game on Steam that I've played. Hot Tin Roof: The Cat That Wore A Fedora and Catlateral Damage are on my wishlist and look good too.

If you have a high end PC get the PS4 version for comfy convenience.

Aqua Kitty you say? I don't remember have I tried to play it or not.
I'm not sure about Catlateral Damage, it doesn't look that fun to me. otoh a fedora cat could be fun, true.

Dr Dogg

Yet Destiny has 28 OTs and has sucked many people in. It's a real Marmite game it seems. Then again I loath lootwhoring games but oddly find myself spending 100's of hours playing them. Semi intrigued about The Division but Uplay is probably going to put the kibosh on that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Nice, I'm glad they just updated the existing Risen 3 and did it for free rather than making it a paid second version. I held off on playing it when I grabbed it during the last sale when someone posted the Enhanced Edition stuff from the registry in here.

AHA-Lambda

God damn it Zombi! I'm nearing the end of the game and just for once Ubi can't reisist putting in a mandatory fetch quest for me to continue the game. Jesus argh! >_<

Yet Destiny has 28 OTs and has sucked many people in. It's a real Marmite game it seems. Then again I loath lootwhoring games but oddly find myself spending 100's of hours playing them. Semi intrigued about The Division but Uplay is probably going to put the kibosh on that.

I can't think of anything worse than Destiny + Ubisoft D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom