• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
ViFUOYO.png

Here is one with a crappy scar

This is fucking art.

Also yesterday Jawmuncher, lashman, zkylon and I all pooped within 10 seconds of eachother.

... I named my two... Something dinosaurs (in ARK) Jawmuncher & lashman, and my Parasaur, which I rode (hard) zkylon.

zkylon died yesterday. RIP. :(

& my Pteranodon is named Ozium. Ozie & I be flyin' skyyyy hiiiiigh

AHA-Lambda

Holy hell the endgame for Zombi is dumb =/

Yes, let's disable the fast travel option for no reason and make you trudge across the whole map multiple times =/
Why??

Nzyme32

I must admit that it is darkly humorous to see the Brianna Wu thread and then the Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball thread and the comments it brings. Quite the juxtaposition

Jawmuncher

Remember snitches get bitches.
But I agree any spoilers in the steam thread not clearly marked will be terrible. That also means don't just spoiler text something with no indication of what it is.

-------

Me and Oizum have been talking about just how cool it would be if Running Man was in MGSV.

He can run really fast. I mean that's all he can do, but still I'm just imagining have to run after someone to catch them as a boss fight and it's amazing.

This is fucking art.

Also yesterday Jawmuncher, lashman, zkylon and I all pooped within 10 seconds of eachother.

... I named my two... Something dinosaurs (in ARK) Jawmuncher & lashman, and my Parasaur, which I rode (hard) zkylon.

zkylon died yesterday. RIP. :(

& my Pteranodon is named Ozium. Ozie & I be flyin' skyyyy hiiiiigh

Thank goodness I'm still alive.

yuraya

That spoiler thread is terrifying. So many views and so many posts wtf.

Why would so many people spoil a game for themselves? Game is releasing in 10 days.

I am glad they pushed the pc release for same day as consoles. Those 2 weeks would have been unbearable.

Jawmuncher

Why would so many people spoil a game for themselves? Game is releasing in 10 days.

I am glad they pushed the pc release for same day as consoles. Those 2 weeks would have been unbearable.

Yep the delay was the biggest issue why the PC version wasn't even on my radar. Was not going to wait that long. Was about to buy the Xbox One version.

Maniac

Banned

Turns out, zkylon is too. My game crashed last night, and apparently it'd saved just before zky died! So yay, lol.

It's zky's own fault either way. Fucker ran infront of my crossbow!

Anyway, you're like, the bestest Dilophosaur in the world!

And lashman pooped out an egg earlier. You dun knocked him up, lol
spoilers dont ruin your enjoyment of the story, especially in a game

Not sure if serious.

Most great stories are great because of unexpected twists and turns, and your favourite characters getting bloody murdered.

Dr Dogg

Bambi's mum dies.
There you go story ruined because now you're wondering how and all the light hearted moments leading up to that are ruined because you know something awful is going to happen.

@IntiCreatesEN 7:00 AM
Azure Striker #Gunvolt is coming to Steam on Aug 28, 2015, and it's packed with new features! Available for $14.99.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM6yfBC_gU

Awesome new... Hey hang on the 28th is the same day MegaMan Collection comes out. That's a big coincidence.

Kaleinc

Banned

They can't be bothered to play a ton of games they have already so in the meantime why not spoil stuff which isn't out yet? ;)

I knew who the killer was in P4 long before I played the game and still bought it and enjoyed how you get to that point. That isn't to say I try to avoid spoilers for games I am looking forward to.

But hey people take story seriously so I get where they are coming from. that and it depends on the game I guess.

That said though I think people take Metal Gear's storyline more seriously than Kojima ever did, sometimes.

Bambi's mum dies.
There you go story ruined because now you're wondering how and all the light hearted moments leading up to that are ruined because you know something awful is going to happen.

Awesome new... Hey hang on the 28th is the same day MegaMan Collection comes out. That's a big coincidence.

I didn't find Gunvolt all that great and got it on sale on eShop for 50% off. This is coming from someone who likes Mega Man Zero and ZX that it's mostly based off on. The Lightning mechanic is novel but, kinda clunky.

Lain

Remember snitches get bitches.
But I agree any spoilers in the steam thread not clearly marked will be terrible. That also means don't just spoiler text something with no indication of what it is.

-------

Me and Oizum have been talking about just how cool it would be if Running Man was in MGSV.

He can run really fast. I mean that's all he can do, but still I'm just imagining have to run after someone to catch them as a boss fight and it's amazing.

Are you trying to entice me to snitch about something?!

-

I could start the Clickers Clan, but the clan seems to have a max of 10 members limit (for now) and we'd need to pick a cool name as well.

Haunted

How can you possibly say that.

If there's a mystery at the core of a story and finding out said mystery is the driving force behind the plot and - by extension - the player's motivation to continue the story in the game, it's very easy to imagine that spoilers will take a significant chunk of enjoyment out of that.

The difference with MGS over other games is that people will hold out for years to not be spoiled when it comes to the story. For some, they have overcome the obtusely designed stealth anime games in the past because they were looking forward to seeing what batshit insane thing kojima does with his characters.

So yeah, it's different with MGS. Personally, the one time I didn't buy an MGS game at launch (ground zeroes) i had the ending spoiled for me half a dozen times in the weeks following its release. Aint gonna let that shit happen again.

I might do the same thing with the next Zero Escape game, too. I don't want a single thing spoiled for me for a game that's 90% story.

Turfster

Volume numbers from Steamspy

Owners: 1,150 ± 917

ouch

The problem with Volume, from what I've heard, is that it's basically MGS VR missions with incredibly digital detect/non-detect states, so the "best" strategy is just to walk behind the enemy.

Also, the price-point is pretty high. I mean, I know why, but that's going to dissuade a lot of people too.

Speaking of action RPGs..
Is there any other ARPG that support local co-op like Dungeon Siege III? Why don't more developers do this? It's a dope feature.
I know it's the "online era", but local co-op is WAY more fun than online co-op, imho.
Have you actually played DS3 coop yet?
The camera is a fucking joke that makes actual multi impossible.
(It might be better in local, but in internet, you basically just had to stick close to player 1 or you could not see what you were fucking doing)

Holy hell the endgame for Zombi is dumb =/

Yes, let's disable the fast travel option for no reason and make you trudge across the whole map multiple times =/
Why??

Value for money!
You bought a game for your WiiU*cough*sucker*cough*, but look, it's 20 hours long*!
* 10 of which is running back and forth across the map.

Gamersgate has Injustice for 5$

Dr Dogg

I didn't find Gunvolt all that great and got it on sale on eShop for 50% off. This is coming from someone who likes Mega Man Zero and ZX that it's mostly based off on. The Lightning mechanic is novel but, kinda clunky.

Just as long as Bloodstained turns out to be a true spiritual successor to IGAvania I'll be happy with Inti Creates output.

I could start the Clickers Clan, but the clan seems to have a max of 10 members limit (for now) and we'd need to pick a cool name as well.

Sadly someone beat you to the punch it seems.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=874757&page=2

Unless you want one for just the cool kids in here. Though clicker games and cool is not something I think that belongs in the same sentence.

KingKong

How can you possibly say that.

If there's a mystery at the core of a story and finding out said mystery is the driving force behind the plot and - by extension - the player's motivation to continue the story in the game, it's very easy to imagine that spoilers will take a significant chunk of enjoyment out of that.

you won't enjoy it the same way, but you'll still enjoy seeing how it all comes together. Have you never rewatched a movie like the Usual Suspects or Memento?

you won't enjoy it the same way, but you'll still enjoy seeing how it all comes together. Have you never rewatched a movie like the Usual Suspects or Memento?

yeah but i imagine that if i knew the twist for either of those movies ahead of time i would be incredibly annoyed to the point of not wanting to watch it. It ruins the experience, i'll spend the whole first watch trying to see how the twist fits into the whole movie and not just take the movie in

Dr Dogg

But that's different. If you re-watch something you already watched the mystery unfold for yourself completely in the dark and the setup is part of the experience. It's like having some twat in the cinema blurt out the twist before it happens which just ruins the pay off.

all im saying is that if people start spoiling MGSV in here I have zero qualms snitching and bitchin' about it. If y'all wanna talk spoilers then theres a perfectly fine spoiler thread in Gaming.

I let you folks soak in the anime all day. Let me have my own personal anime moment.

Most great stories are great because of unexpected twists and turns, and your favourite characters getting bloody murdered.

I've said it before, but I played FF7 years after the fact and knew the twists by heart (even though I hadn't played through them before), and still loved every moment of the game.

That being said, don't go into the spoiler thread. I've seen it all. Best thing to do is stay clear of all MGS-related threads from here on out.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Sudeki -- MB-BF1C62D92332FB00 - Taken by D3RANG3D
Burgers -- MB-725678A013D7420C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Atonement: Scourge of Time -- MB-5492C749B0B08F31 - Taken by fenners
Squarelands -- MB-9AC7CA05F4A3328F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
The Silent Age -- MB-C8CF5336F46E4ED5 - Taken by anastef
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-963B9E8FAD67E2BE - Taken by nightstorm
Immune -- MB-4355DD46B31531B0 - Taken by texhnolyze
Crow -- MB-A92AF54A01720FC9 - Taken by derExperte

Dr Dogg

I love the work they did with the MM games they worked on just that Gunvolt fell flat for me. Bloodstained will probably be pretty good.

Their Shantae titles seemed to get some good praise. Then again they did work in colab with WayForward.

Big boss
becomes a dog

Well seeing as you get the animal ranks for individual missions now instead of your game rank overall or grindy objectives like PW I'm sure that happens a whole host of times and some other more fruity animals like a Flying Squirrel.

Not sure how they've done it but G2A does a MSI sponsored deal for pre-ordering Mad Max. It might be a tempting price for some but I don't get how MSI doesn't know about G2A's shadiness.

Turfster

Not sure how they've done it but G2A does a MSI sponsored deal for pre-ordering Mad Max. It might be a tempting price for some but I don't get how MSI doesn't know about G2A's shadiness.

Money, in the form of lots of eyeballs for their logo

quick question..

I have an i5-4690K/290X/8GB RAM setup on this PC. I'm not worried about if it can run MGSV. My question is would it be better on my PC (knowing I'll have to tinker around with the settings a bit like I did with GZ) or getting it on PS4? My friends don;t play this so the usual "go with what your friends have" option doesn't matter.

PC > PS4, because mods and resolution scaling and whatnot.

quick question..

I have an i5-4690K/290X/8GB RAM setup on this PC. I'm not worried about if it can run MGSV. My question is would it be better on my PC (knowing I'll have to tinker around with the settings a bit like I did with GZ) or getting it on PS4? My friends don;t play this so the usual "go with what your friends have" option doesn't matter.

The bunker's already been breached. Spoilers from the guide are leaking fast and loose.

V

My bunker is SteamGAF.

Anyone that spoils here will be snitched upon.

This is your one and only warning. I will personally tie a noose for every single person who attempts to spoil it for me.

My will broke and I looked into the MGSV spoiler thread. Left pleasantly confused.

hey...hey....

BvYPTJf.gif

quick question..

Your PC might be double the power of a PS4. Playing on PC is the best choice in your case!

madjoki

quick question..

Since you've high end PC, I'd say definitely PC.

(Unless you want to play online portion before next year)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom