• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoSoul

Banned
Can someone please remind me how Steam handles adding a CC? I remember there were some restrictions applied and do you have to update the info once it expires or can you just let it go?

Maniac

Banned
Haha. What are they gonna do? Breastmilk-feed me to death?
No seriously if you don't like Mad Max, whether the original, Road Warrior, Beyond Thunderdome or Fury Road, then... I've lost all respect for you.

And I'm not sure I'm kidding :/
Is Risen 3 better than the second game?

By a fairly wide margin, aye. It's like a mix of Risen 1 and Gothic, imo. I personally find it to be the best Risen game, although the Piranha eurojank is still very much present.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone please remind me how Steam handles adding a CC? I remember there were some restrictions applied and do you have to update the info once it expires or can you just let it go?

If you top up your Steam Wallet using a card you haven't previously used on the store, you'll be slapped with a one-week market restriction that you can only get around by verifying said card. Other than that there are no restrictions. You don't have to update the expiry date information, but obviously you can no longer use the card once it has expired.

Jawmuncher

God damn it Zombi! I'm nearing the end of the game and just for once Ubi can't reisist putting in a mandatory fetch quest for me to continue the game. Jesus argh! >_<

I can't think of anything worse than Destiny + Ubisoft D:

I don't remember it being tat bad if it's what I think it is.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
OEkr8ML.jpg

The Flock

Arthea

3 days are over later today, if counted from a release date, but here are some early numbers of FF0 according to steamspy - 46,188 ± 5,815, we'll see tomorrow how really accurate these are but probably accurate enough.
I wonder what SE early sale expectations were, it's a pity we don't know.

edited: Userscore: 54% tho
oh boy, that will backfire, it totally will, mark my word

I've read Durante's article and a port certainly isn't bad, yet it gets much more flak than FF13 and 13-2? This can't end well for anybody.

Jawmuncher

3 days are over later today, if counted from a release date, but here are some early numbers of FF0 according to steamspy - 46,188 ± 5,815, we'll see tomorrow how really accurate these are but probably accurate enough.

Well that sounds like it did better than the X1 version of the game during the same time

Yet Destiny has 28 OTs and has sucked many people in. It's a real Marmite game it seems. Then again I loath lootwhoring games but oddly find myself spending 100's of hours playing them. Semi intrigued about The Division but Uplay is probably going to put the kibosh on that.
Destiny's thread numbers are extremely inflated due to no matchmaking in its major modes. It would probably have half as many threads otherwise. Maybe less

M.D

I won Torchlight 2 :eek:
The person who gave it away does not want a thank you, so I guess.. Your lose sucker! Free games woo

:s

Dr Dogg

edited: Userscore: 54% tho
oh boy, that will backfire, it totally will, mark my word

I've read Durante's article and a port certainly isn't bad, yet it gets much more flak than FF13 and 13-2? This can't end well for anybody.

Lets be honest, while some people maybe submitting reviews based purely on how it performs technically that are quite a few talking about the quality of the game as a whole. Now I can't talk from experience but while XIII has its detractors it seems to be more well recived than Type-0.

Lets be honest, while some people maybe submitting reviews based purely on how it performs technically that are quite a few talking about the quality of the game as a whole. Now I can't talk from experience but while XIII has its detractors it seems to be more well recived than Type-0.
I scrolled through 4 pages of the steam top reviews and all of the negative ones were about technical issues.

M.D

Luck is on your side. Congrats!
Same thing happened with my Warhammer giveaway which is kind of funny (that is, the person who mentioned/wanted it won).

It's like 5AM. I should sleep.
You know, now that I think about it.. I could really use 10 million dollars.
I think I'm going to try my luck at lottery soon!

Dr Dogg

I scrolled through 4 pages of the steam top reviews and all of the negative ones were about technical issues.

Not debating that's the case but assuming every negative review is solely based on technical issues with the game is a little short sighted. And the 7th negative review mentions issues with the game itself rather than the technical quality and while fucked if I'm going to count them all up and do a ratio there are plenty of other if you look.

Seventh review is positive for me so they must be different. In every negative review the only gameplay issue mentioned is the keyboard controls(and one complaint about the ai)

Digging through pages upon pages of reviews to say otherwise is silly.

Dr Dogg

Seventh review is positive for me so they must be different. In every negative review the only gameplay issue mentioned is the keyboard controls(and one complaint about the ai)

Digging through pages upon pages of reviews to say otherwise is silly.

The 7th Negative review not all of the reviews. Look if you can't be bothered to read what I wrote and are picking silly arguments then I can't be bothered go to through and list them out but if you really want to carry on you can filter them and look for yourself and see not every negative review is bashing the game technically which is what I pretty much said in the fucking first place.

"Quite a few"

"Seventh negative review"

The vast, vast majority of the negative reviews don't mention the gameplay at all. You didn't write enough to have anything to cherry pick in the first place. Of 22 reviews that I glanced over only two make any mentions of gameplay, and only one of those is a review specifically focused on major gameplay flaws

iosefe

Too many of those reviews less than an hour of playtime. Too many people complaining about 30, which is really smooth here, and refusing to turn down AA/ubersampling

Dr Dogg

"Quite a few"

"Seventh negative review"

The vast, vast majority of the negative reviews don't mention the gameplay at all. You didn't write enough to have anything to cherry pick in the first place

When does quite a few consist of a majority or are you just making up your own definitions now? Since you can't be fucked to look here.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198189480862/recommended/340170/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/CJ1337/recommended/340170/

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198098799727/recommended/340170/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jstymie/recommended/340170/

http://steamcommunity.com/id/derricbb/recommended/340170/

ExoSoul

Banned
If you top up your Steam Wallet using a card you haven't previously used on the store, you'll be slapped with a one-week market restriction that you can only get around by verifying said card. Other than that there are no restrictions. You don't have to update the expiry date information, but obviously you can no longer use the card once it has expired.

Thank you very much :)

How many minutes did you spend trudging through reviews to find those? The second one you linked is again, about the technical issues and two of the others are focused on poor controls.

Quite a few doesn't have to be a majority but it certainly means more than the small minority. Your original post made the case that many of the reviews were negative based on the game itself which is clearly not the case given the large focus on porting issues.

Dr Dogg

How many minutes did you spend trudging through reviews to find those? The second one you linked is again, about the technical issues and two of the others are focused on poor controls.

Quite a few doesn't have to be a majority but it certainly means more than the small minority. Your original post made the case that many of the reviews were negative based on the game itself which is clearly not the case given the large focus on porting issues.

Hardly anytime at all and that's from the first 56 negative reviews presented to me when filtered. And the second one says graphic detail can be somewhat distracting. Is that a technical gripe or an artistic one or are you bending it to fit your narrative? I think in the time it took you to respond you didn't really read the reviews I posted let alone my post or its intent. This is a silly petulant argument that really is going to go no where but derail the thread.

Arthea

I don't think that's the case, FF13 certainly wasn't better received than type-0 and negative reviews I've read all were about 30fps and not great background graphics quality, as if we didn't know that before a game even releasing.

Anyway, it doesn't matter until negative reviews doesn't affect sales or refunds, we'll see how it'll go in days to come.

Lain

You know, now that I think about it.. I could really use 10 million dollars.
I think I'm going to try my luck at lottery soon!

I guess you'll now find out first hand if the game is good or, well, if it will be to your liking.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Do we have some decent photoshoppy people 'ere? I wanna Big Bossify my Blazkowicz, but I'm terrible at it.

I can't see much detail since the display its messed up on my laptop and I didn't knew which version you wanted but whatever here you go baka.
122b9f6d2d.png

Maniac

Banned
I can't see much detail since the display its messed up on my laptop and I didn't knew which version you wanted but whatever here you go baka.
122b9f6d2d.png

Roflmao, not at all what I was expecting, this looks so... Dumb in a good way. I fucking love it <3

You're fab as always.

No scar, horn nor ashy handprint? Am disappoint.

Really though, thanks. Now I just have to choose between these two. ;_;

Deques

Roflmao, not at all what I was expecting, this looks so... Dumb in a good way. I fucking love it <3

You're fab as always.

No scar, horn nor ashy handprint? Am disappoint.

Really though, thanks. Now I just have to choose between these two. ;_;

ViFUOYO.png

Here is one with a crappy scar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom