• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Volume is so... pedestrian.

Like, I can see what he wanted to do, a streamlined, sleek version of the kind of hide and seek you could play with a simple AI in MGS1 on PSX, but... there doesn't seem to be more to it, and I don't think the background story and the indirect way it's told are interesting enough to keep me playing this one.

The menu theme is real good, though.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Pinball Arcade: Season Five Pack

Pinball Arcade: Season Five Pro Pack

zvzEGZf.jpg

ORBITOR

Nzyme32

What was the reason for the first game being removed? Expired music license?

Perhaps, but I doubt it. I figured it was something to do with a publisher / dev issue. Mafia 2 should not have had that problem. Music wise it could have issues but that would be a terrible way to go.

Edit - Store page is still up, so that bodes well. Maybe it is a licencing issue

Corpekata

Banned
Perhaps, but I doubt it. I figured it was something to do with a publisher / dev issue. Mafia 2 should not have had that problem. Music wise it could have issues but that would be a terrible way to go.

Wasn't everyone involved in Mafia 1 purchased by Take Two?

That seems like an odd time to remove Mafia II so soon after Mafia III's announcement...oh well, hopefully there is some sort of complete bundle or something replacing it and the removal is just because of that

Nzyme32

Wasn't everyone involved in Mafia 1 purchased by Take Two?

Not sure really. I just checked the hub, and it seems the game was pulled in Aug 2012, but the buy out of the developers and sinking of the pub was years prior. Perhaps it was a music licencing issue or something

That seems like an odd time to remove Mafia II so soon after Mafia III's announcement...oh well, hopefully there is some sort of complete bundle or something replacing it and the removal is just because of that

Yeah. I only recently sat down and blitzed through the game. Really loved it. Took a lot from Mafia 1 with the heavy narrative focus, perhaps not as good as 1 in that sense (and perhaps the score) but everything else was improved.

Saw the bad reviews for the story dlc and figured I'd buy them later..

Shit

Sober

Good god, high buzz with complicated foods is the worst thing ever in CSD.
sick.gif

I changed all my shit to simple dishes.

My fingers.
holeup.png
Don't stack your menu with soup and lasagna on high buzz unless you want to die. Also put something simple as daily special so at least you can do that during rush hour.

Surprisingly pizza or pasta is not that hard. Baked Potato can go to hell mostly cause I'm too lazy to change the hotkeys.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Not sure the best place to ask, so I figured I'd try here. Does anyone know if there is a way to easily change monitor profiles with 1 or 2 clicks? I have two monitors and a 4k TV, and I'd like to be able to change how they act on the fly. Like, have the small monitor on and the Main Monitor/TV Mirrored at 1080p, set the TV to 4k and made the primary display, and make my desktop just span all 3 devices, turn off the small monitor and have the TV and main mirrored, ect ect ect.

Basically rather then take a few minutes to play in the display settings, just have an icon/list I can select the entire profile form. I have a Nvida card if that helps or they have something built into their control panel.

Caerith

Don't stack your menu with soup and lasagna on high buzz unless you want to die. Also put something simple as daily special so at least you can do that during rush hour.

Surprisingly pizza or pasta is not that hard. Baked Potato can go to hell mostly cause I'm too lazy to change the hotkeys.

Soup and lasagna are pretty easy though. Lasagna only has three versions, and soup is easy if you use the right mnemonics.

I'd only agree about not having them if you're going for the combo leaderboard, since they take a while to cook.

Sober

Soup and lasagna are pretty easy though. Lasagna only has three versions, and soup is easy if you use the right mnemonics.

I'd only agree about not having them if you're going for the combo leaderboard, since they take a while to cook.
Lasagna always fucks me up with the mixed veggie/meat recipe. Soup isn't that bad but sometimes I fat finger ingredients into it.

It's worse when you're doing the hunger game challenges and you're at the last 1-3 recipes and you slip up.

Maniac

Banned
Damnit ya'll, I'd just stopped with this sodding game, and ya'll have to go and make a clan... Sigh. Back to the Clicker Heroes grind.

;_;

Caerith

Lasagna always fucks me up with the mixed veggie/meat recipe. Soup isn't that bad but sometimes I fat finger ingredients into it.

It's worse when you're doing the hunger game challenges and you're at the last 1-3 recipes and you slip up.

Yeah once you upgrade you need to take half a second to make sure you're doing it right, but they have decent cooking times so at least they buy you some time.

The recipes I hate are things like burgers, where you have to cook then wait then come back to finish.

Maniac

Banned
Probably.
What's a FOB?

Forward Operating Base or something like that, it's basically the online component of Mother Base.

It's entirely optional, mind you. It has stuff like 'invasions' and you defending it and whatnot. I already have a defense pact with a few mates. :3

Corpekata

Banned
Not sure really. I just checked the hub, and it seems the game was pulled in Aug 2012, but the buy out of the developers and sinking of the pub was years prior. Perhaps it was a music licencing issue or something

Yeah. I only recently sat down and blitzed through the game. Really loved it. Took a lot from Mafia 1 with the heavy narrative focus, perhaps not as good as 1 in that sense (and perhaps the score) but everything else was improved.

Saw the bad reviews for the story dlc and figured I'd buy them later..

Shit

Both games were released and pulled in August, Mafia 1 being pulled 10 years after, that sounds like a license thing to me. Mafia 2 was pulled almost 5 years after to the day (the 23rd will be the 5th anniversary).

I'd be willing to bet they have something creating a hitch in them that is contingent on very specific anniversaries.

Backlogger

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

POOF -- MB-F315516992E047FB - Taken by Kuroyume
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-EC3882791C3F79BB

Parsnip

Forward Operating Base or something like that, it's basically the online component of Mother Base.

It's entirely optional, mind you. It has stuff like 'invasions' and you defending it and whatnot. I already have a defense pact with a few mates. :3

Curious.
Now that I think about it, I think I asked this question before and someone said it was kind of like that castle doctrine game.
Is there a downside? Can an invader steal my base stuff?

Curious.
Now that I think about it, I think I asked this question before and someone said it was kind of like that castle doctrine game.
Is there a downside? Can an invader steal my base stuff?

Yeah it's sort of like Castle Doctrine and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, you find and buy defensive items in the main game that you can use to fortify your Mother Base, as well as enemies you can kidnap and make work on your base as guards thus making it harder for an invader to steal your resources, staff or weapon defenses. There's a 30-40 minute video that was released at Gamescom that goes through an entire Mother Base/Invader encounter, it's really cool.

Best Buy must be getting desperate for business, they keep sending me $5 vouchers.

Same, I get one about once a week, and then PayPal sends me this sort of cheecky shit knowing full well I'm broke, my emails are becoming more and more depressing lol.

SuDlOhn.png

Parsnip

That would be the point of invading, yes.
I mean yes, obviously. But will I also lose that item or whatever, or is it just a copied to the invader? Because I don't like to lose stuff. At least in games like Dark Souls I can always do a corpse run if an invader kills me.

Yeah it's sort of like Castle Doctrine and The Mighty Quest for Epic Loot, you find and buy defensive items in the main game that you can use to fortify your Mother Base, as well as enemies you can kidnap and make work on your base as guards thus making it harder for an invader to steal your resources, staff or weapon defenses. There's a 30-40 minute video that was released at Gamescom that goes through an entire Mother Base/Invader encounter, it's really cool.

I suppose I should watch the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e8r_xgms4M

here's the video explaining it..the FOB stuff is towards the end...shows an invader going against someone defending their FOB
Thanks for the link.

Dr.Acula

Banned
So I guess you no longer get card drops period if running more than 2 Steam games at once? I know the drop rate was slower with multiple games running, but I've been running Idle Master while playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and haven't gotten a single drop in 6 hours.

Must have missed that change.

Shadowrun HK doesn't have cards yet.

Messiah

I mean yes, obviously. But will I also lose that item or whatever, or is it just a copied to the invader? Because I don't like to lose stuff. At least in games like Dark Souls I can always do a corpse run if an invader kills me.

I suppose I should watch the video.

Thanks for the link.
Everything on your motherbase is safe. You can assign units and "ressources" to a FOB, which can be used to aquire more ressources and can be invaded. Everything you put on the FOB can be lost afaik. It's a high risk high reward kind of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom