• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda got in on that pre-order, bruv.

I regret it already.

poof is a pretty fun game plus it has neat emoticons

U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGBorZLye94OPIqheerX1l0ue5PXGPqTUeDhTGdfb75x1k3NZJ6fEmjwJkZ7NcEWp9jVuJHxinLtQ

U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGBorZLye94P6gg1bKuCwxy6OYWAjfhTEfQ3maRf-z4xVllYMAtJ0mjx5oX5ohRWZ9jVuLt8BmfIw

Kuroyume

Banned
I freaking hesitated. I get burned by them pretty much all the time on preorders. Somehow I rationalized not to get it even though it was obvious that it was in the bundle. Freaking groupees.

Yeah I think so. Whatever the case, it says I have 8 drops remaining.

How? It's a free to play game. How are you even getting drops? I mean granted I only played it for an hour but, it says I have no drops remaining. Granted maybe it will say how many actually I have after I hit the 2 hour mark. Real weird.

BY THE WAY THE GAME IS ACTUALLY FUN AND YOU SHOULD MAYBE PLAY IT AND NOT JUST IDLE IN IT.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Time for that weekly KF2 update post!

Just like last week, I am starting this weeks What We Are Up To post a bit differently. As many of you know, the new development work on the build has been wrapped up and we have branched off into a release candidate with QA working it through its final paces. This past week we’ve identified and fixed several crashes as well as critical and major bugs. What does that mean for you, the fan? We feel the build, while not quite ready for “prime time”, is just about ready for you to help. We are hoping to have this ready by early next week, and it will be put up as an opt-in beta.

This beta will include all the new work we have been doing for this update as well as some recent tweaks we have been working on for gameplay and player economy. When this beta goes live you can opt into it by right clicking on the game in your Steam Library and selecting Properties. From the Properties menu choose the Betas tab and use the drop down box to select the available beta.

I have some exciting new developments for the modding community to talk about. With this update we are expanding modding support in two ways. For mappers we are bringing Landscape support online, which will allow them to create better outdoors areas with the full supported KF feature set (such as blood). Secondly we are turning on code/mutator support which will allow modders to start changing Killing Floor 2 in all new ways (though some of the more enterprising members of the modding community have gotten a head start on that anyway)!

We’ve also been making some more changes/additions based on player feedback. First off we’ve been upgrading the Eviscerator so players can now block and parry with it. We’ve also tuned it to feel more responsive and it also includes a laser sight to help with the saw blade. We have also been watching all those requests from players to see how well they have done, so I am pleased to announce the After Action Report (AAR for short) is also coming to the game with this update. It will list out your top weapons, where you have gained experience, and who has done best in the server (and if you have reached a new personal best) across several categories. Feel free to let your friends know that you are doing better than them! (I’m looking at you, Justin)

Before I sign off, I would like to mention one last thing (that isn’t us bringing short and long game waves more in line with the medium experience or the M4 shotgun carrying more shells, or....). The fine folks over at Torn Banner decided to enhance the Killing Floor 2 experience the best way they know how: with a sword-wielding Knight! Players who own Chivalry will find a new character in game: Tom Banner, with his trusty Zweihander ready to fend off the Zed horde! You can find the Zed inspired weapons you’ll have access to in Chivalry here.

And that isn’t all, anybody who owns Chivalry will also make the Zweihander (a new Berserker tier 3) available for everybody in the server that they are playing on! Yes, important point here - if one player on the server owns the Zweihander, then everyone on the server gets to play with it. What does this mean for you, the player? If one player on your team (random person, good friend, clanmate, etc.) everybody in the server will have access to the Zweihander to use and purchase from the trader pod. If nobody in the server owns that content, it will not show up in the trader pod.

Look for more on players “sharing” equipment as time goes on!

ChivalryKnight.jpg

Which reminds me - I'd love to see a Payday 2 crossover. Perhaps drag Old Hoxton into the zed apocalypse?

How? It's a free to play game. How are you even getting drops? I mean granted I only played it for an hour but, it says I have no drops remaining. Granted maybe it will say how many actually I have after I hit the 2 hour mark. Real weird.

BY THE WAY THE GAME IS ACTUALLY FUN AND YOU SHOULD MAYBE PLAY IT AND NOT JUST IDLE IN IT.

Nuuvem was giving away keys for it. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe those keys act as a retail license instead of a complimentary one, and so you get card drops for it.

pahamrick

So I guess you no longer get card drops period if running more than 2 Steam games at once? I know the drop rate was slower with multiple games running, but I've been running Idle Master while playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and haven't gotten a single drop in 6 hours.

Must have missed that change.

Started and finished the Ada campaign in Resident Evil 6, after 20 hours, I'm finally done with the game, it was a lot better than I expected. On to the next in my backlog!

Which reminds me - I'd love to see a Payday 2 crossover. Perhaps drag Old Hoxton into the zed apocalypse?

Old Hoxton with a drill melee weapon, I could definitely see it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I guess you no longer get card drops period if running more than 2 Steam games at once? I know the drop rate was slower with multiple games running, but I've been running Idle Master while playing Shadowrun Hong Kong and haven't gotten a single drop in 6 hours.

Must have missed that change.

I think it just depends on the game that's idling while you're playing something else. From what I've seen, running two games simultaneously will slow the card drop rate down by a factor of 6-8. Meaning if you would normally get a drop once every 30 minutes, the drop rate would instead be once every 3 to 4 hours. If the normal card drop rate of the game was once every hour, it would then be once every 6 to 8 hours.

Additionally, the game your idling needs to have two hours of playtime before that timer even begins. So if you were idling something with no playtime then started another game, it would be 2 hours + one card every (at minimum) 3 to 4 hours.

So 6 hours without a drop is a little unusual but not entirely uncommon. Unless, like you said, something has changed recently that I'm not aware of.

pahamrick

I think it just depends on the game that's idling while you're playing something else. From what I've seen, running two games simultaneously will slow the card drop rate down by a factor of 6-8. Meaning if you would normally get a drop once every 30 minutes, the drop rate would instead be once every 3 to 4 hours. If the normal card drop rate of the game was once every hour, it would then be once every 6 to 8 hours.

Additionally, the game your idling needs to have two hours of playtime before that timer even begins. So if you were idling something with no playtime then started another game, it would be 2 hours + one card every (at minimum) 3 to 4 hours.

So 6 hours without a drop is a little unusual but not entirely uncommon. Unless, like you said, something has changed recently that I'm not aware of.

I already did the 2 hours thing, IM idled all my games up to 2 hours then started working on remaining card drops.

I was a bit off, game is sitting at 7.6hrs on record. I'll keep it going, if I don't get a drop within 10 or so hours I can toss you a PM just as an update or something.

Messiah

I'm curious, do you guys plan on using FOBs for your first MGSV playthrough? I hope there will be at least a few steamgaffers I can raid and get raided by.

Ruruja

did any one received any key from the final fantasy sales at nuuvem ?

Still waiting for my FF8 key. Got this email reply on the 12th:

We have run out of keys for this game, but we are currently chasing the publisher to get a new batch of keys and assign the key to your order asap. We expect that this will be done along this week.

GaussTek

Finally updated to Windows 10. Everything is working pretty fine right now, just had an issue with OneDrive which wasn't installing properly and then not syncing some of my files, but I think that had something to do with my Office installation, which is linked to my old student account, and installed a OneDrive enterprise version on top of the normal one, or something like that.

Anyway, I'm happy with it. The Win Store app is sooo much better and loads a lot more quickly. And, I really like how the apps aren't full screen anymore, that's awesome for stuff like Tweetium, which is the Twitter client I use (and one of the best in all app ecosystems IMO). Edge is pretty good so far, but I think I'll will only use it for work stuff.

Now off to test some games...

MattyG

Banned
Just finished Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. That was... interesting? I loved the idea and design of it, but I'm still not completely sure about the story. I guess I should expect to have to do a bit of digging in a game from The Chinese Room though.

I really love the way you open doors and throw switches too, wish more games would do that.

KarmaCow

Time for that weekly KF2 update post!

I would bet on something happening in PD2 at the very least with how much they've done with Hotline Miami. I think they specifically address all the fervour around a crossover as well.
fer
I'm curious, do you guys plan on using FOBs for your first MGSV playthrough? I hope there will be at least a few steamgaffers I can raid and get raided by.

With the way they talked about it, I think FOBs are something you can use once MB can't grow anymore so it seems at the very least a late game thing. It still makes me anxious but that if it is a late game thing, might as well try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom