• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
Anyone know if there's been any indication recently that a Shield Portable 2 is in the works? I really want one now that my internet connection is better, but the Portable 1 is like $500 everywhere I look and I don't really want the tablet.

This week's Zero Punctuation Review says that Freedom Planet is great if you play Classic Mode without the story, as the story ruins it otherwise.

Would you guys agree that's the way to play it?

Accoun

Coming back home from vacation tomorrow. Was in the arcade today.

They had Need For Speed: The Run there. Which was hilarious because it had both "Press ENTER to start" and "Insert coin" on the title screen. Maybe I should have played it out of curiosity, but I preferred to give my money to some legit classics than what stinks of bootleg. Oh, and the cab had the stickers from another NFS game (IIRC Carbon, which had a legit arcade release).
Less funny is that I was with my little cousin and she wanted to play the bike racer (Manx TT). It ate the coin and when we complained to the operator, it turned out the game froze when the credit was added. It was unsurprising that when he restarted, it showed the Windows XP loading screen and when it booted, automatically loaded an emulator. It also was miscallibrated (I think it only got up to around half of the max speed even though the other cab was good) and the framerate had dips. :-/

So.

Darkest Duneon.

I've recently given up giving my people realistic names. It's a phase. I'm sure I'll go back.

My current group is:

Ball Q. Sniffer
Max Clevige
Thud Smacktickler
Robble Robble

Backlogger

Man, playing Rocket League on a Friday night turns out to be a bad idea. People can't even clear the ball for crying out loud.

Another guy wanted to forfeit less than 1 minute into a game where we were down 0-1. I scored moments before the dude just dropped out.

Whats wrong with people.

Sch1sm

Finally decided to play FF15 episode dusce on ps4, its fun but man does it suffer from performance issues, games drops frames hard and very often, I hope when the final game is released its either fixed or it gets a pc port where it runs a a damn steady framerate, even if its 30. But who knows, maybe it might not even come to pc, real shame if it didnt. Was planning on beating The New Order today but I almost got to go to bed, I'll just beat it tomorrow.

I decided against buying this during sales. Maybe I'll have regret. Maybe there'll be a GOTY or something.

like it has to be caues they're going to do a goty or something, cause like they got a new one coming out and all, i highly doubt they'd just remove em and still release mafia 3. maybe they plan on making it a pre order bonus for mafia 3? idk

Sch1sm

like it has to be caues they're going to do a goty or something, cause like they got a new one coming out and all, i highly doubt they'd just remove em and still release mafia 3. maybe they plan on making it a pre order bonus for mafia 3? idk

Preorder bonus would be stupid, imo. I'd want to play it before Mafia 3. Maybe it'll release a few weeks in advance of that, if they have any sense.

you can't cheat rubies bruh

I've never played that clicker game, tbh, it was just a joke.

Ryne

I'm in love with Super Mega Baseball.

Finally, my type of Baseball game, on the PC. I absolutely adore it. Rendered at 4K and max settings no problem, it's not the most graphically intense game for sure:

KyaR67d.jpg

c4g0wTd.jpg

wl6Kh8m.jpg

BdQoj3b.jpg

Jawmuncher

I played Ground Zeroes most of the day just to get the Zone of the Enders cassette. Really hope that transfers over or it was all for nothing.

Beat all missions on Hard to get this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oEojKEsRu0

I always play with the custom music on. Glad the PC version will have it without having to go through any hoops. I was too lazy to do it for GZ.

on hard tho? breh. hmmm idk if i want to do it on the ps4 version since I might end up playing mgs5 on pc. fuck that, i hope it just unlocked on mgs5 :p I HOPE ALL YOUR HARD WORK WAS FOR NOTHING!!

Jawmuncher

on hard tho? breh. hmmm idk if i want to do it on the ps4 version since I might end up playing mgs5 on pc. fuck that, i hope it just unlocked on mgs5 :p I HOPE ALL YOUR HARD WORK WAS FOR NOTHING!!

It was more time for nothing than it was challenge. Regardless i'll still have all the POWs at least.

It was more time for nothing than it was challenge. Regardless i'll still have all the POWs at least.

i hope thats easily unlocked in the game too by doing some little fancy ini file or just putting a save file of mgs ground zeroes in the right place :) either that or like have ground zeroes on sale by like no later than monday, cause by that time I'll have to little time to replay gz on pc and get all the stuff on it.

Grief.exe

Finally, my type of Baseball game, on the PC. I absolutely adore it. Rendered at 4K and max settings no problem, it's not the most graphically intense game for sure:

Last Baseball game was 2K9 which was removed yonks ago. Such a shame.

i hope thats easily unlocked in the game too by doing some little fancy ini file or just putting a save file of mgs ground zeroes in the right place :) either that or like have ground zeroes on sale by like no later than monday, cause by that time I'll have to little time to replay gz on pc and get all the stuff on it.

I'm sure the survivors are completely inconsequential to MGSV.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Overture -- MB-B3D5A885E1C55CEE - Taken by Sarcasm. 2 entrants total.
The Silent Age -- MB-EE5FA4853C773867 - Taken by Vlad. 3 entrants total.
A Story About My Uncle -- MB-3D6EC3F0D33DBE4E - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.
Incitement 3 -- MB-09943A16995A772A - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.

t1440215100z1.png

Hello SteamGAF! I've been away from this thread for some months due to RL (lost job, looking for job) + disinterest in playing infront of the PC. All I did during the steam sale was click monsters and craft the badge. While the most recent steam thing that I did was buying Nekopara vol. 0 and acquring the achievements. Doesn't help that my win10 upgrade was messy so I've lost all downloaded steam games. For now I'm looking to just play the games I want and don't add new games to the backlog till I've completed a significant number of the backlog.

What's up?

Jawmuncher

Coming back home from vacation tomorrow. Was in the arcade today.

They had Need For Speed: The Run there. Which was hilarious because it had both "Press ENTER to start" and "Insert coin" on the title screen. Maybe I should have played it out of curiosity, but I preferred to give my money to some legit classics than what stinks of bootleg. Oh, and the cab had the stickers from another NFS game (IIRC Carbon, which had a legit arcade release).
Less funny is that I was with my little cousin and she wanted to play the bike racer (Manx TT). It ate the coin and when we complained to the operator, it turned out the game froze when the credit was added. It was unsurprising that when he restarted, it showed the Windows XP loading screen and when it booted, automatically loaded an emulator. It also was miscallibrated (I think it only got up to around half of the max speed even though the other cab was good) and the framerate had dips. :-/

That's too funny. Shame you couldn't play the Fast and Furious arcade game. Those are fun. Along with the initial D ones. Never knew arcade cabinets could be running XP and the like. Guess it makes sense as to why some of these later games are so easily ran on PCs.

Hello SteamGAF! I've been away from this thread for some months due to RL (lost job, looking for job) + disinterest in playing infront of the PC. All I did during the steam sale was click monsters and craft the badge. While the most recent steam thing that I did was buying Nekopara vol. 0 and acquring the achievements. Doesn't help that my win10 upgrade was messy so I've lost all downloaded steam games. For now I'm looking to just play the games I want and don't add new games to the backlog till I've completed a significant number of the backlog.

What's up?

Sounds like you been through a lot but at least you made it through. Not much has been going on around here. Just waiting for MGSV like most of the thread.

So.

Darkest Duneon.

I've recently given up giving my people realistic names. It's a phase. I'm sure I'll go back.

My current group is:

Ball Q. Sniffer
Max Clevige
Thud Smacktickler
Robble Robble

At least you're giving them names. You hear about people who play games like Nethack and they just start designating them instead of naming them, like "Kni203" and "Wiz195" - they play so much they've just completely checked out of the roleplaying aspect.

I never said it was original. :p

Na, it's good to have a similar name so it's easier to keep track of all the SteamGAF clans.

What's up?

Hopefully things will pick up for you! Good for you for cutting down on your backlog. Mine is going to constantly grow. >> Not much else up other than MGSV coming soon like Jaw mentioned.

At least you're giving them names. You hear about people who play games like Nethack and they just start designating them instead of naming them, like "Kni203" and "Wiz195" - they play so much they've just completely checked out of the roleplaying aspect.

The newbies got real names:

Odin Ferguson
Fox Trouser
Kade Reamcore
Gore Thatcher

Sounds like you been through a lot but at least you made it through. Not much has been going on around here. Just waiting for MGSV like most of the thread.
Thank God I'm not a MGS fans then. Else I'll be extremely thirsty for that game. I don't want to make this post look like a sly begging for patreon post so I'll cut the RL drama short. It's tough but that's part of life, atleast I'm managing.
Hopefully things will pick up for you! Good for you for cutting down on your backlog. Mine is going to constantly grow. >> Not much else up other than MGSV coming soon like Jaw mentioned.

I've been itching to play story about my uncle so it's added to the download list. I'm actively avoiding to download Civ5 since it generally eats all my time once its ready to play. Now actively looking for the games with small filesizes to cram to my limited bandwidth. Maybe the Ys games are next.

Anteater

Neat, reminds me of extra innings on snes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom