• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
isnt this like a massive spoiler

It's a theory, nothing has been confirmed but the metal gear fanbase has taken this theory to carnival of stupidity levels of insanity and, thus, it's kinda hilarious now.

JvVj9tS.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Will buy the phantom pain the day before release.... I gotta get my wallet ready for Final Fantasy and Fairy Fencer F... I need my Fs

FLD

Is MGSV up for pre-order on GMG in some regions only or something? It still says "Coming Soon" for me but, on the Steam page, Enhanced Steam lists a lowest price and a voucher.

Money's pretty tight right now but I actually won one of those Playfire giveaways before they canned the whole thing, so I've been sitting on almost 80 bucks of credits specifically for MGSV. Going to be seriously bummed out if they don't have it in my region or at all. All the other Konami games have been gone from GMG for a while, too... :/

zkylon

zkylewd
If by spoiler you mean something whipped up by crazies out of nothing, then sure.

It's a theory, nothing has been confirmed but the metal gear fanbase has taken this theory to carnival of stupidity levels of insanity and, thus, it's kinda hilarious now.

ohh ok

poison? she's cool but I've never played as her. I haven't played SF4 much after.. SF4.

O8tLhQl.jpg
tbh i never bought the whole kaine thing, at least from the game and the grimoire thing it just seemed to me that ppl were just making up stuff, tho i might've missed something

kaine was pretty cool even if her outfit was super dumb

edit: also, gross

forgot

Dr Dogg

Didn't you have to go through New Game + to get the backstory behind Kaine?

That's quite a juxtaposition. Assassin's Creed because I'm stupid? :)

Hey I'm only stupid because I played too much AssCreed. It's a vicious circle but those collectables and high points aren't going to get done by themselves.

So many good games still to come out, off the top of my head there is

Cuphead
Galak-Z
Below
No Man's Sky

Hey my pockets aren't infinitely deep you know. Card money makes up about 70ish% of my preorder bonanza.

I would also like to not be completely dicked for choosing AMD over Nvidia.

Well look on the bright side TressFX 2.0 should work wonders in Deus Ex MD and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also Frostbite games run a bit better on AMD GPU's like for like plus there's Mantle support in that engine.

How did Ground Zeroes run for you?

My Noctua NH-U14s cpu cooler just arrived. Dear god it's huge.

Worth every penny. Been using one for donkeys years on several builds and I honestly can't see me using anything else.

inm8num2

How bad is Soul Reaver 1 to play on PC?
It never got controller support right? Someone should do a kickstarter for a mod or some such :V

Hopefully we can get some impressions and work a rounds, I would like to play this game one day.

I played Soul Reaver last year and didn't mind the controls or have any issues.

I've read some people successfully used JoytoKey, which emulates keyboard input through the use of a controller.

edit - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266597024

Anteater

tbh i never bought the whole kaine thing, at least from the game and the grimoire thing it just seemed to me that ppl were just making up stuff, tho i might've missed something

It was mentioned in Grimoire Nier, and it adds to Kaine's identity issue early on, but It's really not particularly an important detail in the game other than the village kids were bullying her about it, it doesn't affect the story all that much and gender and romance weren't a huge focus in the game.

Kaine's story still made the game though especially for her story with her grandma. New game+ intro about Kaine was just hard to read

zkylon

zkylewd
does anyone care about the mad max game anyways?

i love mad max as a movie series but rage was more than enough post apoc buggy driving for a lifetime

It was mentioned in Grimoire Nier, and it adds to Kaine's identity issue early on, but It's really not particularly an important detail in the game other than the village kids were bullying her about it, it doesn't affect the story all that much and gender and romance weren't a huge focus in the game.

Kaine's story still made the game though especially for her story with her grandma.

i don't remember anything specific aside from her being "different" or whatever, which can refer to any number of things

Well look on the bright side TressFX 2.0 should work wonders in Deus Ex MD and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Also Frostbite games run a bit better on AMD GPU's like for like plus there's Mantle support in that engine.

How did Ground Zeroes run for you?

Ground Zeroes ran pretty great from what I remember. Not anticipating any issues, buuuut these things happen.

Anteater

i don't remember anything specific aside from her being "different" or whatever, which can refer to any number of things

The kids were specifically bullying her about it, and in Grimoire Nier it was a bit more clear and there was a character that found out and was disgusted about it if I remember correctly, it's been a while though so I could be wrong

Hektor

ohh ok

edit: also, gross

forgot

From grimoire niers short story "Banquet of the witch"

"Kaine is holding……. that swelled up and stiff male organ. The traveller saw the blood vessels on the object shaking. Kaine isn’t just possessed by Shades, she is also a hermaphrodite."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en

The outfit beeing super dumb is also kinda neccessary for the game.

L.O.R.D

the %20 code for MGSV on GMG : 20OFFG-MGSAVE-20GMGV

but it still say coming soon
there is also this code : 20OFFE-RENADB-SJUGCV

Momentary

Banned
Damn.... Are they going to move Mad Max's release date? I really want to buy that game too. Looks like it's going to be awesome.

~24 hours left! I'm so ready

I don't think that these games are that good, but damnit, I can't stop playing them. I think I just like the cinematic super moves. Just stuff to tide me over until other JRPGs hit.

Gust and KT need to stop fucking around and announce Land of no Night for PC when it comes to the west.

0224.jpg

0347.jpg

0314.jpg

00161.jpg

How is it non-legit? Don't they do the same kind of stuff as Russian resellers?

They're grey-market. There's the possibility of stolen/illegally-purchased keys.

Avoid Kinguin and G2A (especially third-party sellers on both sites) like the plague unless you want to run the risk of having your keys revoked.

zkylon

zkylewd
The kids were specifically bullying her about it, and in Grimoire Nier it was a bit more clear and there was a character that found out and was disgusted about it if I remember correctly, it's been a while though so I could be wrong
From grimoire niers short story "Banquet of the witch"

"Kaine is holding……. that swelled up and stiff male organ. The traveller saw the blood vessels on the object shaking. Kaine isn’t just possessed by Shades, she is also a hermaphrodite."

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Zcv9nyYvtkOy2lCjCTp2oM3YPrXZ7gPzhHAX34ts9o/edit?hl=en

The outfit beeing super dumb is also kinda neccessary for the game.
ah ok i didn't remember at all something so crazy specific. not a huge fan i guess, since i liked the vagueness better, but ok

tho i still think the outfit is unnecessary.

similar to quiet from the new mgs, i get it that there's something about exposing skin that's meant so symbolize something but at the same time it's so gratuitous and just crass that it in my eyes at least it completely undermines the whole idea

like, it's not a kind of cool functional nude like in ghost in the shell, quiet just looks like a crazy person, and kaine did to, although her design was at least less stupid (more tasteful lingerie i guess lol)

Dr Dogg

I don't see Mad Max and Just Cause 3 on that list so yo are not done yet :p

I'll be honest Mad Max doesn't do anything for me, the trailer looked pretty bland and with some of the prerelease talk about it being this years Shadow of Mordor my interest evaporated the moment that comparison was made. I'll wait for reviews and impression from you fine folks before being tempted.

Just Cause 2 tired me out by the 4th story mission that I really need to see how the structure of that game is like before even contemplating picking it up. Also Western Squenix title so 25% off after 3 months is probably on the cards and 50-75% not long after depending on how well it does.

Nzyme32

Well I guess my preordering is done for the year now then.

Just a bit of waiting now :(

GsxMvKK.png

So many good games still to come out, off the top of my head there is

Cuphead
Galak-Z
Below
No Man's Sky

I want to say that having now bought Phantom Pain, that I'll be done buying games while on my limited budget.... but I still want:

The Witness
FireWatch
No Man's Sky

All of which will probably come out this year, and I'll struggle not to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom