• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

yeah i reloaded

2015-08-22_00001tpz5w.jpg

can't upload all of the screenshots after that cuz they would be spoilers

too bad

cuz it's epic

Chariot

Yeah, i really cant understand why people can get so mad about VNs with Nekos like Nekopara oder Sakura spirit.
It's completetly ok to get mad about Sakura Spirit. First of all, it doesn't have catgirls. Secondly, it's a pile of miserable shit. No cute, just shit. Like, if you would drag a HDD with a Sakura game on it over the floor it would leave yellow-brownish stains. Let me also ignore that Nekopara originally has actual hentai scenes and let me remind you that Sakura shittles is exploiting thirsty idiots who want to see half naked drawn girls. It's so cheap and desperate, it reminds me of me at the peak of my teenage years.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Almost like me, I had to torture and push myself through the game though. What a big pile of average mud the game was.

Shadow of Muddoor.

Just bought MGS: TPP and was greeted with this.
Any ideas?

1cozTLR.png

It means the package granted you a gift copy of something (in this case Ground Zeroes). There's no default message for such subs; publishers are supposed to supply one.

zkylon

zkylewd
these things? they still look nasty, I don't know how people live out in the wild next to these shits
that's not my favorite angle of them but yeah, arachas are perfect example of a spider that doesn't do anything for me cos it doesn't really move like a spider or look like a spider, it just takes some cool elements from them and makes a crazy cool version of them

you know, compared to most games that just grab a real world spider, resize it and make it so that i can't play their game

Anteater

that's not my favorite angle of them but yeah, arachas are perfect example of a spider that doesn't do anything for me cos it doesn't really move like a spider or look like a spider, it just takes some cool elements from them and makes a crazy cool version of them

you know, compared to most games that just grab a real world spider, resize it and make it so that i can't play their game

cool elements of a spider?

you've gone insane my friend

MadGear

I just tried to play Risen ... again. As much as I liked Gothic 1 and 2 back in the day, I simply can't get past the opening part of Risen. The games mechanics and presentation feel so painfully rough and awkward and judging from what little I have seen of its sequels its still true for them as well. A few minutes in and I'm bored to death. It really makes me wonder how much an improvement their next game is going to be.

And speaking of games that only appear to be popular in germany: I also just noticed the Kickstarter project for the next Aquanox. Another series I really enjoyed back then but honestly I don't know what I should expect out of a sequel at this point. Its also another one of those weird kickstarter projects that require funding in order to get funded by a publisher.

lol i just finished the game and i don't know what that is

i think i've missed like a ton of quests

It's a side quest in the White Orchard area.
It's one of those "get a letter then go to an area and get the treasure" kind. There's a glitch (I believe) where if you loot the chest before you get the letter telling you to go there it won't let you do the quest.

Wow Blops 2 is still GOAT. Blops 3 is gonna like cure cancer or something.

3arc stay winning yo.

not a fan of CoD but i appreciate that 3arc genuinely tries to make a cool game and make it worth a new cod game while infinity ward just phones it in all the time. Don't like that they decided to do the future stuff again tho, hope the next one isn't another future one, you got 3 studios making cod games, try to mix shit up a bit breh. now i know i said i don't play them but i watch my bro play em (story and multi) so i know what im talking about more or less :p

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's a side quest in the White Orchard area.
It's one of those "get a letter then go to an area and get the treasure" kind. There's a glitch (I believe) where if you loot the chest before you get the letter telling you to go there it won't let you do the quest.

Yeah, I looted the chest beforehand, but in addition to it no longer being lootable, the objective is stuck at "Read the letter", so I don't think said letter actually added itself to my inventory after I found it. If only CDPR allowed PC players to mark quests as solved using the console.

Grief.exe

OK FOUND THIS WITHIN SECONDS, This is incredible

A42B72B9EFB81AA83528482A475DF5E14FF30DA3

I really need to browse the steamcommunity more often, you can find some seriously awesome shit there:

171887BCA6C81BA1566B9FEB1A5A897182197E62

Those are great, saved.

I grew tired of Mordor fairly quickly, but I like what I've seen of Mad Max thus far.

I thought the same thing, but alas I uninstalled it after a few hours.

Shadow of Mordor really felt like they wanted there to be more to the world, but didn't have the time and/or budget to see their vision through. Hopefully the next game will be more fleshed out since it sold so well for them.

As for Mad Max, I might give it a chance. I just don't know whether to risk buying from one of these cheaper places or play it safe and buy it from GMG.

I still need to buy Velocity 2X and Metal Gear Solid V as well. My wallet...

Almost like me, I had to torture and push myself through the game though. What a big pile of average mud the game was.

SteamGAF hates Mordor, but loves Assassin's Creed. I found the games share many of the same problems.

zkylon

zkylewd
cool elements of a spider?

you've gone insane my friend
well u know what i mean lol, they took the idea of a spider and instead of replicating it exactly and doing scale*=10; they design their own thing. like, u can't argue that the pinecomb thing on their "tails" or whatever isn't super cool looking

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
SteamGAF hates Mordor, but loves Assassin's Creed. I found the games share many of the same problems.

Mordor's greatest weakness is the bland and uninteresting environment that was devoid of interesting spots to check out. That is the single greatest strength of the Ass Creed games.

I thought that was pretty obvious.

I just beat KOTOR2 and I thought the ending was just fine. Idk maybe it was because I was playing with the TSLRCM mod. I also thought the droid factory was rad. The only really dumb thing was
how Kreia's real name ended up being Traya

Kifimbo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-AB4745D829A19729 - Taken by Saty

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Assassin's Creed, for all the faults and criticisms gone their way, at least had locations that I personally being around and looking at as a fan of history (not the story, just the actual locations, maps, famous architecture, etc).
How a world looks and what is located inside it sometimes helps out a lot or hurts. Bit like driving through a forest with curves and enjoying it, vs driving straight across a barren land where everything looks the same and being utterly bored.

Sch1sm

Sense isn't found here,
good
Grief.

I think they're both pretty eh.

I was amused by Mordor, but I don't like Assassins Creed games at all, not even the one with the pirates.

Black Flag bothered me because I always had to stop at points and do side quests and contracts because missions alone aren't enough to afford upgrades for both yourself and the Jackdaw, the latter of which is ridiculous expensive and necessary. I just wanted to play the main story and I really couldn't. :|

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Assassin's Creed, for all the faults and criticisms gone their way, at least had locations that I personally being around and looking at as a fan of history (not the story, just the actual locations, maps, famous architecture, etc).
How a world looks and what is located inside it sometimes helps out a lot or hurts. Bit like driving through a forest with curves and enjoying it, vs driving straight across a barren land where everything looks the same and being utterly bored.

This in a nutshell.

zkylon

zkylewd
I just beat KOTOR2 and I thought the ending was just fine. Idk maybe it was because I was playing with the TSLRCM mod. I also thought the droid factory was rad. The only really dumb thing was
how Kreia's real name ended up being Traya
i'm not 100% sure but i think that mod helps a lot with the ending

game's awesome either way

yea i didn't play much mordor but that's my feeling when playing open world games. in ass creed you can stop at any point and find something to marvel at, even if the gameplay and story are trash lol

i wouldn't really recommend other ppl play it but i think u can do much worse if you want to do videogame tourism

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.8. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added quick sell and instant sell buttons to Steam Community items in inventory
  • Added an "Edit Price" button to market listings for Steam Community items when pressing "Remove"
  • Added an option to prevent Greenlight videos from automatically playing when loading the page
  • Added continous scrolling option to Greenlight pages
  • Added an option to remember Greenlight filter option settings
  • Improved language detection and localized several previously unlocalized features
  • Updated the "Total Spent" feature to work with the account page's new layout
  • Re-arranged the "Community" tab of the options and added sub-headings
  • Fixed a bug that caused sorted achievements not to display correctly
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause Early Access banners to cover non-image elements on the home page
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect Uplay warning banners to appear on some Finnish store pages
  • Updated the design of the replacement Greenlight banner
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause bundle dialogs to show multiple times on app pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused highlighted games in the quick-search box to not correctly show the selected item
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause incorrect placement of birthday balloons over the Family View PIN entry
  • Fixed layout and formatting issues associated with custom profile backgrounds and themes
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Firefox users: Mozilla recently announced that they are working on supporting Chrome extensions in a future version of Firefox, and I'll be testing this functionality and providing feedback to Mozilla as needed.

Additionally, I would like to thank seeeeew for his many contributions to this release.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

zkylon

zkylewd
Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.8. This release includes the following changes:
  • Added quick sell and instant sell buttons to Steam Community items in inventory
  • Added an "Edit Price" button to market listings for Steam Community items when pressing "Remove"
  • Added an option to prevent Greenlight videos from automatically playing when loading the page
  • Added continous scrolling option to Greenlight pages
  • Added an option to remember Greenlight filter option settings
  • Improved language detection and localized several previously unlocalized features
  • Updated the "Total Spent" feature to work with the account page's new layout
  • Re-arranged the "Community" tab of the options and added sub-headings
  • Fixed a bug that caused sorted achievements not to display correctly
  • Fixed a bug that could sometimes cause Early Access banners to cover non-image elements on the home page
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused incorrect Uplay warning banners to appear on some Finnish store pages
  • Updated the design of the replacement Greenlight banner
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause bundle dialogs to show multiple times on app pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused highlighted games in the quick-search box to not correctly show the selected item
  • Fixed a bug that would sometimes cause incorrect placement of birthday balloons over the Family View PIN entry
  • Fixed layout and formatting issues associated with custom profile backgrounds and themes
This update is available for Google Chrome and should update itself automatically within the next 60 minutes.

Firefox users: Mozilla recently announced that they are working on supporting Chrome extensions in a future version of Firefox, and I'll be testing this functionality and providing feedback to Mozilla as needed.

Additionally, I would like to thank seeeeew for his many contributions to this release.

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

so, should i uninstall inventory helper thingie?

how's it like after the mod tho?

i haven't played kotor in like 10 years or so (fuck im old ;_;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
so, should i uninstall inventory helper thingie?

It should be completely compatible with the other extension. It really just depends on what you used the other for, and whether Enhanced Steam fills that need now for you or not.

Deques

Looks like it's my seventh Steam birthday :)

I am going to celebrate with a giveaway. You must Super Win the Game!

The first who can beat my chapter 1 score in Ikaruga will win Super Win the Game
header.jpg

The competition will end in 27th August

For reference, here is my score
UlWWY5Q.jpg

Despite Mordor's poorly balanced combat that could be broken easily, I enjoyed fighting enemies in it much better than AC, batman-like combat is so much more satisfying.

zkylon

zkylewd
It should be completely compatible with the other extension. It really just depends on what you used the other for, and whether Enhanced Steam fills that need now for you or not.

basically i want to skip setting the price to same as minimum and agreeing to whatever and all the clicks in between

Turfster

Wow Blops 2 is still GOAT.
You mean the shit-tier PC build that wouldn't run on half the systems I tried it on for no apparent reason, and when I finally got it to work, the game played itself?

Don't own moredoors, so I can't comment on that, but there's a marked difference in asscrud appreciation too.
3 is dogshit all the way, but 2 and flag are just fun to traverse in.

Sober

Mordor eventually is just blandness incarnate, even after you enter the second area that looks nice.

Hell even watch_dogs is a lot more interesting visually than Mordor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom