• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Urgh...even with Witcher 1.08
Roche
is not showing up a the hanged man's tree.

I don't know what to do...

EDIT: AH! finally found a solution.

wow what a shit ending wolfenstein the new order had, sad too cause i was enjoying the story. that final boss was just complete bs though, bullet sponge to the max, just turned down the difficulty to kill it quicker

Too many jabronies in SteamGAF.

?

image.png

Backlogger

So a little while back I jumped on Windows 10, and ever since I haven't been able to create any desktop shortcuts to games through Steam. Doesn't matter what the game is, no game will create shortcuts - it even says "A shortcut has been placed on your desktop" but there's very obviously nothing there. Tried verifying game cache for a few games and that didn't help either.

Any ideas?

Right click on your Desktop > View > Click on "Show Desktop Icons"

Adnor

Banned
I should finish Blacklist before MGSV:pP is released, but every time I open it I just go "I wanna play MGSV:pP" and close it.

Can the winners make sure they let me know the key is valid as the one I got for Boot Hill Heroes wasn't. It was the wrong format 6-4-5 instead of 5-5-5 and no amount of moving the hyphens worked. Relogging fixed it and gave me a valid key.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Helldorado -- MB-BAD9FFCEC98E17FD - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Governor of Poker 2 Premium Edition -- MB-A92C3C15C5E04D22 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.

t1440302583z1.png

Ozium

They were, it's a shame MGSV doesn't have coop missions.

Sadly uplay deleted my saves some months ago so I have to re-do a lot of missions in Blacklist.

glad there is no co-op in MGS5, the fact that PW was created as a co-op title made the bosses shit to play by yourself :(

Momentary

Banned
My wife wants me to buy that case, but I know it's going to be like 1500 bucks knowing in-win. I've been looking at this case everyday for a week. Was wanting to go with a SFF case, but god damn I want that. Not in red and black. In dat dark silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gSxedVQvo

Oh fuck. This vid says it's $2500.

Edit: it says it $1500 now. Guess he misinterpreted something in the video.

Grief.exe

My wife wants me to buy that case, but I know it's going to be like 1500 bucks knowing in-win. I've been looking at this case everyday for a week. Was wanting to go with a SFF case, but god damn I want that. Not in red and black. In dat dark silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9gSxedVQvo

Oh fuck. This vid says it's $2500.

Edit: it says it $1500 now. Guess he misinterpreted something in the video.

Gimmicks are cool, but you should never buy anything solely for the gimmick.

Think about the longevity of that trick, both you and your wife will quickly grow tired and you will only break it out the odd time your friends come over.

With that money, you could buy a legitimate case, and a fully water-cooled Skylake build.

Momentary

Banned
Gimmicks are cool, but you should never buy anything solely for the gimmick.

Think about the longevity of that trick, both you and your wife will quickly grow tired and you will only break it out the odd time your friends come over.

With that money, you could buy a legitimate case, and a fully water-cooled Skylake build.

That and it's 1500 bucks. Plus the only person that would be amazed by it would be me. All our friends who come over could care less about gaming. Which makes me sad.

If it came with some crazy 5 year warranty I would do it. The entire case is aluminum. No plastic. Plus it looks like it would be great to work in when building, cleaning, swapping.

So y'all are right, the Trine 3 devs just pulled a Spacebase DF-9. "Won't be able to finish? Looks like we've hit 1.0!"

Despicable, and a complete abuse of the Early Access system. Not even a warning on their store page or anything.

Yuck.

Sober

Do people actually care that much about how MGS5 is gonna score? I mean unless it becomes Frog Fractions 2 after the opening cutscene or anything who cares? The MGS community is gonna care more about how it falls into the rest of the canon anyway more than how it compares to other games, aren't they?

I mean the game would have to be supremely bad for anyone to avoid it.

Me, I think I'm just gonna watch it played on youtube instead.

Soulflarz

Banned

Im playing if it's anything above 60 meta. Easily. I will stand by experiencing a kojima product. In fact, if it's 40s or lower, I'd play too, since I'm certain it would be magically unique to score so bad.

Read: I'm playing MGS5

Deitus

Do people actually care that much about how MGS5 is gonna score? I mean unless it becomes Frog Fractions 2 after the opening cutscene or anything who cares? The MGS community is gonna care more about how it falls into the rest of the canon anyway more than how it compares to other games, aren't they?

Me, I think I'm just gonna watch it played on youtube instead.

Review threads are serious business on GAF. The more high profile the game, the more people are gonna get legit angry that a reviewer didn't love it despite not having played it yet themselves (or alternately if they think the game will be bad, they get upset that reviews are positive).

Expect to see a lot of bans, and a deficiency of common sense in the MGS5 review thread.

Review threads are serious business on GAF. The more high profile the game, the more people are gonna get legit angry that a reviewer didn't love it despite not having played it yet themselves (or alternately if they think the game will be bad, they get upset that reviews are positive).

Expect to see a lot of bans, and a deficiency of common sense in the MGS5 review thread.
But will it be worse than Uncharted 3?

Sober

This is why I pretty much avoid all of gaming side. Except to read the hilarious reactions in review threads. Last one that made me laugh out loud was The Order 1886.

It's the year 2015 and people still haven't realized a review is mostly the reviewer's opinions, not fact or law. GAF gonna GAF I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom