• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Uh, guys. The Gamescom trailer spelled it out. Also it's as vague as a statement as it gets. But I do agree that we shouldn't continue the teasing. Slippery slope and such.

But well. Related: I finished a mission in Ground Zeroes and I think I am ready to take MGSV.
F5E39D2E3B86B50F31D5219F4112E609159B7647

Dr Dogg

Hey guys, guys what if the twist is Big Boss is actually
Solid Snakes' father
? Oh hang on that's actually true in a round about way.

Mivey

Hey guys, guys what if the twist is Big Boss is actually
Solid Snakes' father
? Oh hang on that's actually true in a round about way.
What if, it turns out that in actuality
Solid
Snake is the father of
Big
Boss? He accidently
time-traveled
after the end of
MG
and before going back to his
time
, had a bit of fun.

Ludens

Banned
I think that's the point of contention.

Well, what point? People where discussing MGSV stuff here, I gave my opinion on something that only people following that thread can understand, since there are people following that thread posting in Steam thread too. Really, I don't understand the outrageous thing here, since I didn't spoil or anything, only stated I'm disappointed by something.

Calm down guys, it's hardly a spoiler

Yep, in fact it's hardly a spoiler. It's a thing already shown and explained well in one of the trailer. I called it a spoiler, but there's not even a spoiler, just a clarification in the spoiler thread.

pahamrick

Well, what point? People where discussing MGSV stuff here, I gave my opinion on something that only people following that thread can understand, since there are people following that thread posting in Steam thread too. Really, I don't understand the outrageous thing here, since I didn't spoil or anything, only stated I'm disappointed by something.

The point being that even though you didn't post any blatant spoilers, you're still posting something that others might not want to see, especially if they've been avoiding the spoiler thread.

Ludens

Banned
The point being that even though you didn't post any blatant spoilers, you're still posting something that others might not want to see, especially if they've been avoiding the spoiler thread.

I did not post a spoiler. I just gave my opinion about something. Other people did in this same thread regarding MGSV. It's not too different from saying "I will dislike MGSV if there won't be 15 hours cutscene, really".

People getting angry about thin air, really.

pahamrick

I did not post a spoiler. I just gave my opinion about something. Other people did in this same thread regarding MGSV. It's not too different from saying "I will dislike MGSV if there won't be 15 hours cutscene, really".

People getting angry about thin air, really.

I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with you, but I can also understand why people would be slightly annoyed. You expressing your disappointment with the information you have can color other people's perception, especially when they're purposely avoiding said information.

In turn, what actually means very little or next to nothing is perceived as something much worse than it really is.

Then again I'm sleep deprived and maybe making no sense.

Well, what point? People where discussing MGSV stuff here, I gave my opinion on something that only people following that thread can understand.

In spite of multiple people in the MGS community thread saying not to even make a reference to potential spoilers, you did so anyway in this topic. Doesn't even matter if you don't think it was a spoiler. Giving your personal opinion on the story based on the spoilers you know could be a problem for some people.

Ludens

Banned
In spite of multiple people in the MGS community thread saying not to even make a reference to potential spoilers, you did so anyway in this topic. Doesn't even matter if you don't think it was a spoiler. Giving your personal opinion on the story based on the spoilers you know could be a problem for some people.

I think it wasn't a spoiler because it wasn't a spoiler. If you think that's a spoiler, it's your matter, not mine. I just wrote I'm disappointed by the plan of the enemy. Stop. Where is the spoiler? The fact the enemy has a plan?
You people are overreacting out of NOTHING.

Dr Dogg

Uh, guys. The Gamescom trailer spelled it out. Also it's as vague as a statement as it gets. But I do agree that we shouldn't continue the teasing. Slippery slope and such.

But well. Related: I finished a mission in Ground Zeroes and I think I am ready to take MGSV.

46 retries? Yeah you got caught a lot didn't you and you wanted a 'no alerts stealth' run.

Ludens

Banned
You're calling the lead villain's plan "dumb" based on what you've read before.
Yes, that will damage the enjoyment of the story for some people.

I now understand why you were juniored.

As I wrote, I'm calling the villain's plan dumb, because it's dumb from the trailer released. Not because of what I read.

That's why I tried saying. I'm thinking he's being obtuse on purpose.

Obtuse on purpose? Sorry, please, explain. Really, I think this whole fact is simply SURREAL.
It's like saying "I don't like the fact Big Boss has a horn, now", it would be the same thing. I just expressed my opinion on something with the info released in one of the trailer. Stop.
This doesn't mean the plain is really dumb, people can find it brilliant, or not. Like people can like BB with horn, or not.
There's really nothing based on "info I have".

So, wait. I thought you were commenting on something that only people following the spoiler thread would know, but now it's something from the trailer and not something you read?

Yeah, because in the spoiler thread there is only a clarificaton regarding this, the whole thing is in one of the trailer released.

Kind of shitty logic. "If you have a problem with what I choose to say, it is your fault for taking it wrong". At least that is how I read it... :/

Umh? No. If I would say "I don't like the evil dude's plan shown in one of the trailer", it would be the exact, same thing. I repeat the only spoiler, here, is the fact the evil dude has a plan. If you saw E3 2015 trailer, you know what is it. If not, you don't. The fact there is a clarification in the spoiler thread is a minor thing. It would like saying "Big Boss has a bionic, red arm".

pahamrick

So, wait. I thought you were commenting on something that only people following the spoiler thread would know, but now it's something from the trailer and not something you read?

BadRamen

I think it wasn't a spoiler because it wasn't a spoiler. If you think that's a spoiler, it's your matter, not mine. I just wrote I'm disappointed by the plan of the enemy. Stop. Where is the spoiler? The fact the enemy has a plan?
You people are overreacting out of NOTHING.

Kind of shitty logic. "If you have a problem with what I choose to say, it is your fault for taking it wrong". At least that is how I read it... :/

Pachimari

GAF is spoiling lots of things around here, and have done so for months. I have been spoiled more than I can count.

Anyway, I got Rocket League and the DLC for Steam. I wanna compete with my fellow Steam friends.

Chariot

46 retries? Yeah you got caught a lot didn't you and you wanted a 'no alerts stealth' run.
As you see it's Jamais Vu on hard, I was working to get the Hidden achievement, which was very diffcult when
multiple waves of soldiers storm out and attack the helicopter and you need to try to kill them in multiple directions since they spread to the three anti-air crafts without being seen. I needed a lot of experimenting to get me the best locations to snipe and move around.

Dr Dogg

You know the worst place to go and get spoiler before a game is out or have finished the critical path? Fucking wiki's man. Times I've gone there to get a little backstory, character info, missables in quests and end up finding out so and so dies or she was the bad guy all along. I should know better but I occasional do it to myself and more often than not for a game I'm enjoying :(

Anyway you all know Skullface is Thanos right? That was a crazy time where half the thread titles got changed because of a Guardians of the Galaxy nonspoiler spoiler.

As you see it's Jamais Vu on hard, I was working to get the Hidden achievement, which was very diffcult when
multiple waves of soldiers storm out and attack the helicopter and you need to try to kill them in multiple directions since they spread to the three anti-air crafts without being seen. I needed a lot of experimenting to get me the best locations to snipe and move around.

I thought it was No Combat Statuses and you could do it on normal? Could be wrong though as I've not played much of that one yet as it wasn't in the PS3 version at launch.

Xanathus

The trick to that is to set up C4 where the enemies spawn from at the last phase and use a landmine at each spot as the trigger for the C4. You can get 5 landmines at the start of the mission. Then you can just use the rocket launcher to kill the remaining waves. There's a video guide that shows how to do this on the steam community guide. You get Hidden and S-Rank super easily this way.

pahamrick

Obtuse on purpose? Sorry, please, explain. Really, I think this whole fact is simply SURREAL.
It's like saying "I don't like the fact Big Boss has a horn, now", it would be the same thing. I just expressed my opinion on something with the info released in one of the trailer. Stop.
This doesn't mean the plain is really dumb, people can find it brilliant, or not. Like people can like BB with horn, or not.
There's really nothing based on "info I have".

Yeah, because in the spoiler thread there is only a clarificaton regarding this, the whole thing is in one of the trailer released.

I've already explained why, and so have others.

I'm not saying I'm disagreeing with you, but I can also understand why people would be slightly annoyed. You expressing your disappointment with the information you have can color other people's perception, especially when they're purposely avoiding said information.

In turn, what actually means very little or next to nothing is perceived as something much worse than it really is.

Then again I'm sleep deprived and maybe making no sense.

Hence why I said I'm starting to think you were being obtuse on purpose. Regardless of if you think it was a spoiler, or not a spoiler, expressing your disappoint the way you did can SEEM like a spoiler to others.

Jawmuncher

I feel the reaction here is overblown. BUT I think punished snake has learned that he'll keep it on the low for this thread. He decided to come back, don't make him leave again.

I didn't even know E was a rank. Thought C was as low as it goes.

Chariot

I thought it was No Combat Statuses and you could do it on normal? Could be wrong though as I've not played much of that one yet as it wasn't in the PS3 version at launch.
Yes, this is correct, but I started it in Hard, I wanted to finish it in Hard. It was a matter of honour.

The trick to that is to set up C4 where the enemies spawn from at the last phase and use a landmine at each spot as the trigger for the C4. You can get 5 landmines at the start of the mission. Then you can just use the rocket launcher to kill the remaining waves. There's a video guide that shows how to do this on the steam community guide. You get Hidden and S-Rank super easily this way.
Oh, that's a nice idea. It's incredible how much you can out of one midsized map. Looking really forwad to the real deal.

Guys, guys. There is a dedicated spoiler thread and even non-spoiler threads for Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain. Get your ass to mars to those threads and stop posting stuff here. I don't give a shit whether you think it is a spoiler or not. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

I feel the reaction here is overblown. BUT I think punished snake has learned that he'll keep it on the low for this thread. He decided to come back, don't make him leave again.
Welcome back Punished Snake!

Sober

I'll summarize the pending MGS5 review thread:

-hype
-someone breaks embargo
-someone complains there's a spoiler from one of the publications, either in the form of an header image or in the first paragraph
-900 posts on it being a spoiler or not
-reviews start coming in, at this point based on the score:
-95+ review score - "why not perfect?"
-86-94 - "does his reviewer have something against Kojima?"
-85 - "did this reviewer even play MGS games before this?" - cue 300 posts where they internet detective said reviewer's previous reviews and twitter
-81-84 - "I bet Konami had something to do with it so they didn't have to pay out metacritic bonuses"
-less than 80 - SCRUTINIZE EVERY CRITICISM AND RAIL AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT ALIGN WITH MY VIEWS

I set up my own Steam curator page for RPG recommendations, in case anyone's interested in following. It's something I want to focus on over the next few months.

Followed. I've missed out on quite a lot.

I'll summarize the pending MGS5 review thread:

-hype
-someone breaks embargo
-someone complains there's a spoiler from one of the publications, either in the form of an header image or in the first paragraph
-900 posts on it being a spoiler or not
-reviews start coming in, at this point based on the score:
-95+ review score - "why not perfect?"
-86-94 - "does his reviewer have something against Kojima?"
-85 - "did this reviewer even play MGS games before this?" - cue 300 posts where they internet detective said reviewer's previous reviews and twitter
-81-84 - "I bet Konami had something to do with it so they didn't have to pay out metacritic bonuses"
-less than 80 - SCRUTINIZE EVERY CRITICISM AND RAIL AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT DOES NOT ALIGN WITH MY VIEWS
Now I want it to go less than 80. :v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom