• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

I feel more weary about spoilers for this game than any other in recent memory; it's like someone just has to ruin it for everyone, and this game magnifies it times 1000.

I've already got most of Peacewalker ruined and I haven't even touched the game yet.

Jawmuncher

The thing for me is while I don't want spoilers, at the end of the day the game is still a prequel. So for the overall scheme of Metal Gear it's not like it can really change what we know about the series as a whole.

Anastasia

The thing for me is while I don't want spoilers, at the end of the day the game is still a prequel. So for the overall scheme of Metal Gear it's not like it can really change what we know about the series as a whole.

All Kojima has to do is introduce some new crazy shit (Big Boss is actually Spongebob), and then it could change a lot.

I wouldn't put it past him.

Jawmuncher

All Kojima has to do is introduce some new crazy shit (Big Boss is actually Spongebob), and then it could change a lot.

Could have. The epilogue of MGS4 kind of ruins doing something like that,.
But for the context of the game itself perhaps, since that sort of twist has been discussed since the reveal.

tumblr_n12kmmxE0C1tt1bieo1_500.jpg

Kifimbo

Just started playing Ziggurat. "Wow, this is pretty good", I say. On Steam, I looked at the pedigree on the studio behing the game. Little Street Racers and White Noise Online ? Talk about improvement. Then I find the list of games of their website. One thing is not like the others. It's like they suddenly hire a bunch of great creative people and designers.

ORBITOR looks awesome in motion, has anyone played it?

oYSrmkH.gif
Didn't this already come out...?
I haven't tried ORBITOR but it looks cool. Reminds me of Orbit, but on speed.
Oh, that's why I got confused. I thought it was actually the same game.

Just started playing Ziggurat. "Wow, this is pretty good", I say. On Steam, I looked at the pedigree on the studio behing the game. Little Street Racers and White Noise Online ? Talk about improvement. Then I find the list of games of their website. One thing is not like the others. It's like they suddenly hire a bunch of great creative people and designers.

Zig is a damn fun game.

Anastasia

Could have. The epilogue of MGS4 kind of ruins doing something like that,.
But for the context of the game itself perhaps, since that sort of twist has been discussed since the reveal.

I agree that it wouldn't make sense given how MGS4 ends, but I'm just saying that it wouldn't surprise me for him to flip the script in some way.

MGS Spongebob is da best

Didn't this already come out...?

Oh, that's why I got confused. I thought it was actually the same game.

I was confused at first too when I first saw it lol. I thought it was maybe by the same dev.

header.jpg

Anyone here played Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings?

Looking for a sport game to play with a friend, so far we've stuck with PES15 demo (because fuck Konami), but we've played both localized Power Pros games earlier and enjoyed them.
How does this compare to them?
No demo, Youtube videos look okay-ish.
Not sure if it's worth €17 though.
Rocket League is a sport.

Nzyme32

The amount of salt and emotion if Hayter's actually in the game will shut down GAF for hours. No amount of spoiler avoidance will save anyone.

I'm still in the camp that Hayter's voice is in the game - perhaps not even as Snake, but I think he'll be in there. My over dramatic Kojima style theory is that the whole game is actually just
Big Boss in a coma, and in reality the game is actually taking place during MGS 4 where Big Boss was in a coma for a while

Two and a half hours.

That would be the trailer release. The embargo on reviews and stuff ends at 9am BST (tomorrow)

Chariot

I want every controversity of the game be planned by Kojima. Hayter, Konami, leaked Guide; everything should be part of the biggest game he ever played.

iosefe

I think my computer is borked.

It was working fine this morning, then I turned it off. Came home a few hours later and I had no video output.

I did the shut down and change inputs thing, no dice. Unfortunately, I believe a win10 update was set to install and now I'm fucked
ADDENDUM: I hear the turn on noise. Unjust don't have output. I've tried removing the gpu and just using the Apu, but nada

Help me

Anastasia

I'm hoping the credits end and then it turns into the PT demo, except there's a giant "FUCK YOU" on the screen the whole time.

And a semi-transparent picture of Kojima giving the finger.

I'm hoping the credits end and then it turns into the PT demo, except there's a giant "FUCK YOU" on the screen the whole time.

And a semi-transparent picture of Kojima giving the finger.

I did laugh a bit when they showed the Gamescom footage and the emblem they used had PT on it

Khronico

Does it require the Konami code? :p

Kojima is actaally Glasses Snake who infiltrated the Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A to take down Dick Boss who planned to ruin every Konami IP with a nuclear pachinko machine.

I mean, can't you play as any of the people in your mother base?

And don't your saved people transfer from GZ to TPP?

And you do save Kojima in that one mission.

Follow the money.

Actual minor spoilery speculation:
In MGS3 someone mentions that Big Boss is fluent in Russian, yet in TPP you need to get a Russian translator. My bet is this guy you play as isn't Big Boss

Chariot

yeah, right: "We asked the store if they did something in breach of contract, they denied it."
True enough. We will see when he streams.

Actual minor spoilery speculation:
In MGS3 someone mentions that Big Boss is fluent in Russian, yet in TPP you need to get a Russian translator. My bet is this guy you play as isn't Big Boss
Kojima said that BB lost this and some things due his accident. But we'll see if and to what degree that's true.

Chico is Mad Max, Kojima and George Miller have teamed up for the most ultimate crossover ever in gaming history. That's why those games are launching on the same day, you can't finish one without the other.

Incredibly ultimate

I put 40 hours into Dishonored Vanilla. Awesome world, art, systems, level design, sound design, etc. etc. Did I read it was SteamGAF's GOTY '12? I can't find the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom