• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw your review. That bad huh? I guess I'll avoid buying it, not that I was really planning to. :p

It's the first RPG in a while that made me actively pissed off. Played it to completion (took about 3 hours), then deleted it from my library. I even regret the +1 to my library. I should have waited to buy it in a bundle.

Mivey

You know what works? Origin works. Pack it up folks it's only a matter of time before EA join forces with Ubiosft and we have Origin-Play. They already sell each others games so it's only a matter of time.
A merger of Ubisoft and EA, lets call it French Arts, would probably produce a company big enough to conquer the world (of gaming)! However, you are underestimating their greed: They could never decide how to split up the world (of gaming) fairly between them. Their greatest weapons, is also their greatest weakness, as it seems.

I'm installing CS:GO and it'll be my first time in a year playing it, any big changes or is it more of the same?

Yeah, it's pretty different now. you should buy the Snoop Dogg announcer pack and CS Premium so you can get all the map packs, and also make sure to try out all the cool role playing servers were you can get cool hats for your CT or Terrorists in normal team deathmatch mode.

none of this is true, it's pretty much the same.

ORBITOR looks awesome in motion, has anyone played it?

oYSrmkH.gif

Cheddahz

Banned
Yeah, it's pretty different now. you should buy the Snoop Dogg announcer pack and CS Premium so you can get all the map packs, and also make sure to try out all the cool role playing servers were you can get cool hats for your CT or Terrorists in normal team deathmatch mode.

none of this is true, it's pretty much the same.

I got really excited about the Snoop Dogg announcer pack honestly lol and hey, it's good that it's mostly the same (so I won't have to re-learn stuff)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just finished Ys 1 Chronicles+ - that last boss
was total bullshit

Uzzy

Enslaved Odyssey to the West has a very beautiful look to it. I like the voice acting and the story is keeping me going. Too bad the gameplay is so damn repetitive(both the platforming and fights are very simple). I'm currently up to chapter 10 and will have to force myself to make it through the remaining four.

Yeah, it's a gorgeous game, and a real change from the drab brown apocalyptic landscapes that seem to be prevalent in a lot of games. Having Andy Serkis as the lead actor, someone who practically written the book on how to do motion capture acting, certainly helped.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yup! Be glad it wasn't nightmare difficulty at least.

Yeah I opted for "Normal" difficulty, but it still took me 30(?) or so tries to beat that bastard.

I'm hoping Ys II is a little better, going to do that one next.

Tizoc

^Errr not really
there's really only 1 magic spell, the Fire spell, the rest could've just been key quest items needed to progress,
it's not like Ys OiF where you have 3 abilities that offer cool additions to the combat.

Dat Ys 1 Boss theme on PC88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5ciZKdPJ4

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

had no idea that Azure Striker Gunvolt is coming to steam next week , anyone played the 3ds version?

The overall game is good, just don't judge it from the tutorial level ;3

Enslaved Odyssey to the West has a very beautiful look to it. I like the voice acting and the story is keeping me going. Too bad the gameplay is so damn repetitive(both the platforming and fights are very simple). I'm currently up to chapter 10 and will have to force myself to make it through the remaining four.

Beautiful...honestly the areas really leave much to be desired, but some has made HD assets for the areas to look more 'next gen'.
THis is a game that's best played on easy, the higher difficulties really don't add much.

Yeah I opted for "Normal" difficulty, but it still took me 30(?) or so tries to beat that bastard.

Took my under 10 attempts to take out Dark Fact, it's really a matter of planning and timing your movements with his. After that it's a matter of luck :p

Ys 2 isn't that hard really, but
expect to grind quite a bit

BTW jshackles, what were you fav. music tracks from Ys 1? Ys games have the best soundtracks in games.

Miguel81

Beautiful...honestly the areas really leave much to be desired, but some has made HD assets for the areas to look more 'next gen'.
THis is a game that's best played on easy, the higher difficulties really don't add much.

Mostly due to it being very colorful and vibrant compared to other post-apocalyptic worlds.

Greg Miller isn't at IGN anymore.

That's how lots of magazines did it in the past and some still do where a few reviewers separately write down their opinions. Online it's more rare, costs time and thus money and someone will still complain.
:( but like what if like instead of these essay reviews they each do like 2 paragrahs?! eh, eh?
whatever happened to the dude that says bruh a lot in the steam thread

right here!! :D i like breh more now tho, breh

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Just finished Ys 1 Chronicles+ - that last boss
was total bullshit

I did him on nightmare, and still found him easier than that damned two headed boss you fight before him.

You can heal during boss battles in Ys II. It's a hell of a lot easier.

Turfster

Man, I'm not sure if it's Win10 or AMD's ass HDMI out drivers, but there's a fucking annoying multi-second volume ramp-up every time the audio is started, which makes it impossible to check out sound files...

Edit: AMD's garbage HDMI out drivers it is.

Deitus

Came across Outpost 13 on Steam, which looks pretty cool.

It's very obviously heavily inspired by The Thing (though with the twist that you play as the monster). The name of the game is even a reference to Outpost 31 from the movie. And if there was any doubt remaining, their kickstarter page says the following"
A Tribute to Science Fiction Horror: Outpost 13 is a tribute to cult favorite science fiction horror films.

I know I'm belaboring this point, but it's not because I think it's a bad thing to be heavily inspired by a film. If anything, I wouldn't mind if more games did something like this, and especially more games were heavily inspired by other classic sci-fi and/or horror films.

But for some reason the developer on Steam seems to be denying any connection to The Thing. In threads on the Steam community boards, people point out the inspiration, only to have the developer come in and inform them the game has "nothing to do with the Intellectual Properties" and "any similarities are a complete coincidence." I mean I understand not wanting a game you've worked hard on to be dismissed as a "rip-off" of another work, and they surely don't want to risk getting in trouble for copyright infringement, but come on. The game is clearly inspired by The Thing, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, so I don't know why they are trying to deny it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I have this weird issue where I have to restart computer on Win10 boot ups before my usb wifi-dongle starts working

Anyone had issues like that? Does this sound like a driver issue?

Needed more chandeliers.

You are possibly correct.

^Errr not really
there's really only 1 magic spell, the Fire spell, the rest could've just been key quest items needed to progress,
it's not like Ys OiF where you have 3 abilities that offer cool additions to the combat.

Dat Ys 1 Boss theme on PC88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF5ciZKdPJ4

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The overall game is good, just don't judge it from the tutorial level ;3

Took my under 10 attempts to take out Dark Fact, it's really a matter of planning and timing your movements with his. After that it's a matter of luck :p

Ys 2 isn't that hard really, but
expect to grind quite a bit

BTW jshackles, what were you fav. music tracks from Ys 1? Ys games have the best soundtracks in games.

Ok, let's address all these points in an orderly fashion:
(1) Disagree about the spells -- some of the stuff wouldn't work as quest items.
(2) Azure Stryker Gunvolt is straight up amazeballs. It was one of two games exclusive to the 3DS that I thought were worth my having bought the console. The fact that it's coming to Steam, where you don't have to play it on the terrible 3DS hardware, is just fantastic.
(3) I don't have very good things to say about Enslaved in general... but no game should ever be played on easy. I've played some games on easy in co-op with other GAFers and it made me want to jump in the shower with a plugged in toaster. Normal if you want to learn the game and get the collecitibles, hard or higher if you like a challenge.
(4) Dark Fact is a total dick on Nightmare, but if you're not talking about Nightmare, then yeah, it shouldn't take much -- using my experience from the story playthrough, I finished the boss rush in one try because the general strategies/patterns/etc. all work.
(5) Ys soundtracks are great, but I wouldn't call them the best.

Knurek

header.jpg

Anyone here played Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings?

Looking for a sport game to play with a friend, so far we've stuck with PES15 demo (because fuck Konami), but we've played both localized Power Pros games earlier and enjoyed them.
How does this compare to them?
No demo, Youtube videos look okay-ish.
Not sure if it's worth €17 though.

Miguel81

(3) I don't have very good things to say about Enslaved in general... but no game should ever be played on easy. I've played some games on easy in co-op with other GAFers and it made me want to jump in the shower with a plugged in toaster. Normal if you want to learn the game and get the collecitibles, hard or higher if you like a challenge.

I go for hard difficulty or second most difficult if it's something like Resident Evil 6. Doesn't feel right going in on easy, that just bores the hell out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom