• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2015 - Three versions of Windows since the last Half-Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

pahamrick

It doesn't seem they are restricted to microtransactions only. From the other thread:

Yeah, I just saw that. Good news all around, false alarm.

The only only portion of MGS that I care about is MGO -- which I don't even know if that's still a thing or not... but I hope it is.

I'm really hopeful MGO isn't DOA. The sudden delay on 4 months for the PC version, ect, makes me nervous about any sort of long term support.

Good thing i had you and Sif to help me out, lol. ;-;

No damage?
p4MM4gR.gif

I always summoned Sif for the Manus fight because I needed something to distract him from me so I could dodge and heal occasionally (or sneak in some damage while his attention was on Sif).

As for Khalameet, ask veggie -- I did it using pyromancies, a shield that blocked 100% flame damage, and the red tearstone ring. He watched a good portion of my attempts so he can vouch that my setup was geared so I would basically die of I get hit making me a true glass cannon.

But this is nothing new to me, as I used to roll with a 1:99 build in Soul Sacrifice where I would use the "double attack power but 1 hp" buff.

I took out Khalameet without taking damage, I think... I had to figure a few things out and it took a ton of tries, but he was nothing compared to Manus -- Manus was a dick before he got his health down to trigger the second phase with the dark magic attacks... learning that timing and how to deal with those via pendant usage... my word.

Killed Kalameet on my first try along with his tail weapon, took a while though as I figured out how to roll through or away from his attacks. Also, there are like only a few attacks where his tail is low enough that I can hit it. For Manus, I tried summoning Sif to take off some of the aggro, but she was pretty much useless, lol. But doing the DLC first then fighting Sif in the forest though. That alternate cutscene. ;-;

I did the DLC last, cause that's how people said it was worth doing (and the leveling required for that made sense)...

However, now I need to go find this thing you speak of.

I did the DLC early in NG+ to help out dot with Manus, but yeah, that's how I found out.

Killed Kalameet on my first try along with his tail weapon, took a while though as I figured out how to roll through or away from his attacks. For Manus, I tried summoning Sif to take off some of the aggro, but he was pretty much useless, lol. But doing the DLC first then fighting Sif in the forest though. That alternate cutscene. ;-;

I did the DLC last, cause that's how people said it was worth doing (and the leveling required for that made sense)...

However, now I need to go find this thing you speak of.

I did the DLC early in NG+ to help out dot with Manus, but yeah, that's how I found out.

Pfft. Help? Sif is the only help I needed. :p
Kudos to you for helping those in need I suppose. ;)

Xanathus

The only only portion of MGS that I care about is MGO -- which I don't even know if that's still a thing or not... but I hope it is.

It makes a lot of sense to limit base invasions behind a currency because otherwise it would be super annoying to have your bases constantly attacked.

Not hyped to go back to school tomorrow. Just as I was making good progress on my backlog too. Oh well, I think Im going to start To The Moon next. I've heard great things and it seems to be a bitesize rpg which seems perfect for my schedule right now. After that, I think I'll finally get around to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Soulflarz

Banned
Not hyped to go back to school tomorrow. Just as I was making good progress on my backlog too. Oh well, I think Im going to start To The Moon next. I've heard great things and it seems to be a bitesize rpg which seems perfect for my schedule right now. After that, I think I'll finally get around to Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines.

It's my first day of college classes IM SCARED TOO

zkylon

zkylewd
wait sif is a she?

two good games ahead of yo

Played a bit of Type0 yesterday. It really felt clunky and I can see that its actually a handheld game.

There are some nice ideas, but some things are stupid (e.g. that your other members wont level up).

I also started the game on hard, which is somehow impossible, since everything one-hits you, so I had to restart the game on normal, but normal is too easy...

Ugh, right?! I start on thursday, im so bummed out. Wish we had another month :( didnt make much progress in my backlog, witcher 3 ate up my summer, not that i mind tho since i loved every second
It's my first day of college classes IM SCARED TOO
Idk if you're in the US but you know how you got to raise your hand to go use the bathroom in hs and below? In college you can just go, it was really bizarre to me at first like... Why did i ever have to ask in the first place, if i gotta pee, i gotta pee

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Played a bit of Type0 yesterday. It really felt clunky and I can see that its actually a handheld game.

There are some nice ideas, but some things are stupid (e.g. that your other members wont level up).

I also started the game on hard, which is somehow impossible, since everything one-hits you, so I had to restart the game on normal, but normal is too easy...

Still better game than the XIII, XIII-2 and Flop Returns.

Still better game than the XIII, XIII-2 and Flop Returns.
Agreed, fuck last gen square enix and their obsession over lightning and her shitty friends, hope the dude that did that game never does another console game again, dump him on mobile and leave him there 😠

I never got to kalemeet, that shadow boss thing kept fucking me up and eventually i said fuck it and stopped

Dsyndrome

Trying to knuckle down and beat Portable Ops to progress to PW and beyond, and I'm at a point where I need to interrogate a bunch of people. What I didn't realize is that folks with CQC of B and lower can't grab folks, so I've spent the last 20-30 minutes pulling a Chariot and restarting countless times when I hit a person rather than grabbing them. When did the game tell me this shit again?

Soulflarz

Banned
Idk if you're in the US but you know how you got to raise your hand to go use the bathroom in hs and below? In college you can just go, it was really bizarre to me at first like... Why did i ever have to ask in the first place, if i gotta pee, i gotta pee

I uh, thank you for the advice

:V

Ugh, right?! I start on thursday, im so bummed out. Wish we had another month :( didnt make much progress in my backlog, witcher 3 ate up my summer, not that i mind tho since i loved every second

This fafsa money is going to buy me a rig and i cant wait for The Witcher 3 to fuck up my life. I cant fucking wait to play it. The first two are some of my favorite games.

That's like just every Final Fantasy games ever before XIII, right?

But I have to agree that it feels like a handheld game, because it its. It's just a remaster.
And as Bayonetta said earlier, it's still better than XIII games.

Ozium

Trying to knuckle down and beat Portable Ops to progress to PW and beyond, and I'm at a point where I need to interrogate a bunch of people. What I didn't realize is that folks with CQC of B and lower can't grab folks, so I've spent the last 20-30 minutes pulling a Chariot and restarting countless times when I hit a person rather than grabbing them. When did the game tell me this shit again?

PoOps is terrible and isn't even canon

so fuck it and move on to PW...

fertygo

That's like just every Final Fantasy games ever before XIII, right?

But I have to agree that it feels like a handheld game, because it its. It's just a remaster.
And as Bayonetta said earlier, it's still better than XIII games.

I like Lightning trilogy better >_>

Type-0 Sequel without underpowered handheld in scope of development have potential though

Man, the first ten pages of the MGS thread of an embarrassment. Pointless score predictions, people acting like fans at a One Direction concert, and constant allusions to all the poor reviews it's going to get because of the terrible sjws(not said, but meant)

Ludens

Banned

Bah, skip it. If you really want, just check cutscenes on Youtube. Honestly they are the only thing worth out of that game with Calling to the Night, because Ashley Wood did them.

That hasn't been my experience outside of summer classes, I work at the same time I do relatively extensive(at least in terms of time required outside of class) math and science courses. I'm sure it's going to be even worse when I transfer to the four year uni program and have to do summer internships and research.

Suppose it depends on the grades you hope to achieve. I need A's and as close as a 4.0 as I can get in order to transfer to the good 4 year engineering programs.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
That hasn't been my experience outside of summer classes, I work at the same time I do relatively extensive(at least in terms of time required outside of class) math and science courses. I'm sure it's going to be even worse when I transfer to the four year uni program and have to do summer internships and research.

Suppose it depends on the grades you hope to achieve. I need A's and as close as a 4.0 as I can get in order to transfer to the good 4 year engineering programs.
I did accounting and worked through college (paid for it completely) and even the semesters that I put effort to get straight A's in still left me with an ungodly amount of gaming time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom